Is it a matter of time before we hear some rap....?

Cold-Heart-Breaker

Is it a matter of time before we hear a Guns N' Roses leak/song with rap being involved in it?

Something ive been on edge about.

Axl Rose has clearly grown fond of the American HIP-POP seen of the last 5 years. His current style amongst other things suggests he may choose to rap on a part of the new album. Im not thinking 6 minute songs filled with rap but a few rapped verses in the odd song now and again from Mr Axl Rose. Who knows?

I personally would not like to hear such music from Guns N' Roses although some may disagree. If rap was to feature of Chinese Democracy, I believe it would be the biggest change in GNR since its creation in the mid 80's, which I would hate to see.

Axl has proved he still can write amazing songs along with the rest of the band. With songs like 'Better' and 'TWAT' he has shown he is capable of being extremely successful once again.

But this was a serious question, can we really rule it out and would it bother you?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, he has tried some rap type things in the past (I'm not just talking about My World). Garden of Eden, parts of Shotgun Blues, parts of Get in the Ring, parts of perfect crime, and of course the live rap it tastes good, don't it?. I wouldn't be suprised to see this type of rap/rock combo in some form on CD

Remeber, AXL was a fan of NWA and some of those early rap groups. Its not anything new

Edited by Tommy Gun

you know, he has tried some rap type things in the past (I'm not just talking about My World). Garden of Eden, parts of Shotgun Blues, parts of Get in the Ring, parts of perfect crime, and of course the live rap it tastes good, don't it?. I wouldn't be suprised to see this type of rap/rock combo in some form on CD

Remeber, AXL was a fan of NWA and some of those early rap groups. Its not anything new

Yeah I knew he was an NWA fan, i atually was too although I hate modern rap, and agree it is not music anymore, it is unoriginal and untalented apart from a few exceptions. At this time though, id say Axl was closest to atually performing/entering that type of music genre than any other time. You never know he may be a pretty good rapper now...theres not been one around for a while :(

i really hate rap in general. it doesn not qualify to be considered music.

Why? Because you don't like it its not music?

Personally, I don't like rap that much. But it IS music, and it does take talent.

What evidence do you have on this?

Just look at Easy E, NWA, early Bone Thugs, early Snoop, early Dr. Dre. That is pure fucking talent. Now a days the only good rappers in my opinion are Lil' Wyte and Eminem.

I hope he doesn't attempt to mix in some rap.

Aerosmith tried that with their album Just Push Play....**shudder**

I'll never get over the moment I heard Steven Tyler wailing out the immortally awful line 'It's cadillac-wack, no-cadillac wack back!' WTF?!

Personally, I don't like rap that much. But it IS music, and it does take talent.

The fact that not everyone can do it well.

For example:

Snoop = talent

Shaq = no talent

EDIT: Basically what Almost Famous said. You can't judge all of rap by the crap that's out there today.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Just look at Easy E, NWA, early Bone Thugs, early Snoop, early Dr. Dre. That is pure fucking talent. Now a days the only good rappers in my opinion are Lil' Wyte and Eminem.

You've named a few rappers that may have some talent, but look at all the rest that have proved rap can be made with no talent whatsoever.

Stop bein so wack, and accept that rap is crap, i suggest you take a nap.

a rapper could make millions with such a line :)

I hope he doesn't attempt to mix in some rap.

Aerosmith tried that with their album Just Push Play....**shudder**

I'll never get over the moment I heard Steven Tyler wailing out the immortally awful line 'It's cadillac-wack, no-cadillac wack back!' WTF?!

don't forget the Intro to Eat The Rich on Get A Grip!

and music needs rhythm and pitch, rap has rhythm, but no pitch.

therefore, it is not music.

The fact that not everyone can do it well.

For example:

Snoop = talent

Shaq = no talent

EDIT: Basically what Almost Famous said. You can't judge all of rap by the crap that's out there today.

i happen to think ice T was ok, public enemy aswell :)