All This Pittman Talk...

Mr. Oral Sex

No one said he isnt worthy a position in the band, I think people are just fed up with all the lame worship like he is GN´R, cause we all know that´s just bullshit.

Yup. I don't have anything against the guy, and I enjoy his presence in GNR, but it's the ridiculous worship that's just gone too far.

His role in the band in 2002 was much heavier. His snyth outros on The Blues (go listen to Tacoma '02 for a good example of this) were superb. The general style of the band back then - musically - was more unique. Nowadays they've stripped down some of the industrial-techno-rock-funk stuff and it sounds a bit more like the "classic" band, but I liked aspects of their music in '02. His synth on The Blues and Madagascar have been vastly cut down in '06, as have the guitar parts (especially in The Blues) that Buckethead performed. Ron uses acoustic on The Blues now, and it doesn't have the same edge in my opinion. Still sounds good, but I loved the '02 version much more. :)

All the Pittman worship was funny last year... But the joke's gotten pretty lame, IMO.

Agreed, it was fun but now its boring. Someone says he shines in the studio but not live, we havent heard enough from the gnr studio to judge if hes good enough for all the praise hes getting from some members on here.

download ZAUM or something. GNR is only the tip of the ice berg of pitman's career in the studio.

I've never really been supportive of Pittman as a "full" member of the band , I'm sure he is great in the studio and maybe adds to the overall sound In concert but , having him as an actual member when he is really just a sound guy/2nd keyboardistis a little much , I mean Teddy Zig-Zag added a lot to the sound of the UYI tours but he wasn't made a full member so I really feel that's what Chris is , the 06 version of Teddy .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Axl hired Pitman for a very important reason.

Axl wants a new direction, and Pitman is very experimental in the studio.

My fear when the album comes out, is people giving Axl TOO MUCH credit for the super funky cool music.

I tend to agree Jackamo... at first I thought your site was pretty lame, well, I still do... but you do have a point. I think Pitman will have a lot of influence on CD... you can already hear it quite a bit in the leaks we have now. CITR is just amazing... I hope there's LOTS of that, what I call 'reverb' synth work... almost Pink Floydish.

As a web designer, just so you know, the blue letters on your site with the black background is very bad for one's eyesight. I suggest changing it to a red, yellow.. white... anything 'hot' in color... stay away from putting 'cool' colors on dark backgrounds.

I've never really been supportive of Pittman as a "full" member of the band , I'm sure he is great in the studio and maybe adds to the overall sound In concert but , having him as an actual member when he is really just a sound guy/2nd keyboardistis a little much , I mean Teddy Zig-Zag added a lot to the sound of the UYI tours but he wasn't made a full member so I really feel that's what Chris is , the 06 version of Teddy .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

I know there's no comparison other than the fact that both of these guys are 'sound guys'... but would you not call Rick Wright a member of Pink Floyd?

Edited by Matt13

As a web designer, just so you know, the blue letters on your site with the black background is very bad for one's eyesight. I suggest chaning it to a red, yellow.. white... anything 'hot' in color... stay away from putting 'warm' colors on dark backgrounds.

thanks I was planning on changing the color soon anyway. yellow next I think.

All the Pittman worship was funny last year... But the joke's gotten pretty lame, IMO.

Agreed, it was fun but now its boring. Someone says he shines in the studio but not live, we havent heard enough from the gnr studio to judge if hes good enough for all the praise hes getting from some members on here.

download ZAUM or something. GNR is only the tip of the ice berg of pitman's career in the studio.

i searched ZAUM and their is nothing on limewire for them. :(

All of you MotherGoose bashers will be surprised by his contribution on Chinese Democracy.....

And true, listen to ZAUM demos - Merkaba will blow you away..... rock3aakeyboardxe8.gif

Where can I get those?

Name: Zaum (192kbps).zip

Size: 28MB

Description: ZAUM - Demos in mp3 higher quality (192 kbps) Chris Pitman singing.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7x72cl

From GNRsource.com