IT'S HERE! I HAVE IT! YOU'RE GONNA BE SO FREAKING JEALOUS!

Shame they don't have Guns N' Roses Official Suicide sets to go with scented candles. :xmasschef:

Don't kill yourself Nadine -- I'm sure Chinese Democracy will be out soon! Just hang in there for another few years.

Axl's really gone above and beyond as far as providing stress relief for his fans. Just buy one of those candles and let it calm you down. Hopefully they'll make some GNR Brand Bubble Bath next. That's even more soothing, if you ask me.

I don't think hang is the best word in this case... :laugh:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty funny -- though my candle thread was getting a lot of funny comments over at HTGTH, Jarmo finally decided to shut it down this morning.

And guess who was reading the thread last night...

sexxxy01.jpg

That's right! BETA!

Apparently, the "get on board or fuck off" mentality isn't limited to only their music and art... but it applies to even the silliest of merch.

Wow. When did GNR become so serious?

I'd like to imagine the scenario went something like this...

INT. AXL'S MANSION - KITCHEN - NIGHT

Beta, Axl's housekeeper / mother, rushes in.

BETA: Axl, they're making fun of your candles on a message forum!

Axl puts down his roast lamb.

AXL: So? It's a fucking candle. I'm a rock star.

BETA: But Axl, if you allow them to mock the candle, what's to stop them from mocking the coin purse?

AXL: Good point. Email Jarmo. And get me more mint jelly.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

INT. AXL'S MANSION - KITCHEN - NIGHT

Beta, Axl's housekeeper / mother, rushes in.

BETA: Axl, they're making fun of your candles on a message forum!

Axl puts down his roast lamb.

AXL: So? It's a fucking candle. I'm a rock star.

BETA: But Axl, if you allow them to mock the candle, what's to stop them from mocking the coin purse?

AXL: Good point. Email Jarmo. And get me more mint jelly.

Wow, that is awesome!

I made this awesome video with the candle this morning, but the thread got locked, so nobody can discuss it there. I'll post it here, even though we aren't in the middle of a debate about whether or not this is the same candle that can't be held in the cold November Rain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v99AoxjSx0#GU5U2spHI_4

I made this awesome video with the candle this morning, but the thread got locked, so nobody can discuss it there. I'll post it here, even though we aren't in the middle of a debate about whether or not this is the same candle that can't be held in the cold November Rain.

Yeah, I saw that. I wrote "Ahahahaha."

I think scented candles should replace lighters at GN'R shows. Just imagine... the opening line to November Rain is met with a sea of thousands of scented candles - raised high above heads in tribute to the most dangerous band in the world.

The scent of blackberries would waft out over the audience too... it would be really cool and atmospheric. I think the scented candle has potential to be bigger than AFD.

Get on board everyone. Buy your scented candle before the next show, and prove that you're a true GN'R fan. I know I will be. Thanks for "lighting the way", HRS.

Beautifully spoken. :cry:

Not to toot my own horn, but I think my film is a masterpiece. It's only one shot -- thirteen seconds -- but it works on many levels.

First, the joke of holding a candle in the cold November Rain. Ha ha. That's obvious.

But consider what November Rain represents in the history of Guns N' Roses. This was the point where GNR quit being a "rock" band and became... well, whatever it is now. That's when the big shift was made from live, two guitar rock music with punchy, fun attitude, towards the epic-ballads with production embellishments and synth arrangements. This song, and the success that Axl found with it, marks the point at which GNR began down the path that ultimately led to Chinese Democracy.

So when the GNR Candle -- with it's fragile little flame -- is extenguished by the "November Rain," it's also working as a metaphor for how the band was eventually torn apart by Axl's wild, (some would say) misguided ambition.

Bergman can suck my dick. I topped Persona in thirteen seconds.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Not to toot my own horn, but I think my film is a masterpiece. It's only one shot -- thirteen seconds -- but it works on many levels.

First, the joke of holding a candle in the cold November Rain. Ha ha. That's obvious.

But consider what November Rain represents in the history of Guns N' Roses. This was the point where GNR quit being a "rock" band and became... well, whatever it is now. That's when the big shift was made from live, two guitar rock music with punchy, fun attitude, towards the epic-ballads with production embellishments and synth arrangements. This song, and the success that Axl found with it, marks the point at which GNR began down the path that ultimately led to Chinese Democracy.

So when the GNR Candle -- with it's fragile little flame -- is extenguished by the "November Rain," it's also working as a metaphor for how the band was eventually torn apart by Axl's wild, (some would say) misguided ambition.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I can't believe I'm starting to like this guy !

:rofl-lol:

Awesome thread! When I clicked on that YT link I actually expected him to be walking down the street in the pouring rain. :lol:

Okay, first of all -- the candle is fucking awesome. It's everything I'd hoped it would be during the long wait. The blackberry scent is very strong, and quite refreshing. But don't worry! I'm not gonna hurry up and burn it all! I'm gonna save this baby -- burning it no more than ten seconds a day. I'd hate for this thing to run out before the album's actually released!

Better cut that down to no more than 3 seconds.

Oh, and buy a second candle.

Edited by KBear

This thread is classic :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

But did anyone hear the rumour that Slash came to inform Axl that: "Duff's scented candles are spineless," "Scott's scented candles are a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum's scented candles" and that Axl has proven himself to have "the stronger scented candles ."

I think scented candles should replace lighters at GN'R shows. Just imagine... the opening line to November Rain is met with a sea of thousands of scented candles - raised high above heads in tribute to the most dangerous band in the world.

The scent of blackberries would waft out over the audience too... it would be really cool and atmospheric. I think the scented candle has potential to be bigger than AFD.

Get on board everyone. Buy your scented candle before the next show, and prove that you're a true GN'R fan. I know I will be. Thanks for "lighting the way", HRS.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I want one ^_^

Holy fucking shit! What an awesome day today turned out to be. I just got back from the mail, and guess what I got?!?!?!

MY OFFICIAL GUNS N' ROSES BRAND SCENTED CANDLE!!!

It came in this normal looking brown box...

000_0784_1.jpg

When I opened it up, the first thing I saw was the awesome old logo...

candletop_1.jpg

Here's a picture of the back. Notice the label says it's BACKBERRY SCENTED!

candleback.jpg

Here's a look at the candle itself. Really smooth, creamy white.

Candleopentop.jpg

Here's a cool shot I took at a dutch angle. Kinda like Scented Candle meets The Third Man!

candledutch.jpg

Here's a video I made of me lighting the candle and watching it burn a little...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwbVmMw6JLg

Okay, first of all -- the candle is fucking awesome. It's everything I'd hoped it would be during the long wait. The blackberry scent is very strong, and quite refreshing. But don't worry! I'm not gonna hurry up and burn it all! I'm gonna save this baby -- burning it no more than ten seconds a day. I'd hate for this thing to run out before the album's actually released!

Dude, you do know you can go to Hot Topic and buy these things, right? (Either that or Spencers) I have like 5 of these damned candles, because everyone bought me one for my birthday thinking that no one else was going to buy me one. They are like $10 bucks a piece.

Well if you buy them from Axl, you get to pay twice as much (including shipping).

That's twice the money that Axl gets to continue mixing Chinese Democracy. Guess that makes me the bigger fan.

That is a such a valid point - I'm going to order five.

Boys and girls, Axl needs our money to continue Chinese Democracy. Buy those damn candles!

Well if you buy them from Axl, you get to pay twice as much (including shipping).

That's twice the money that Axl gets to continue mixing Chinese Democracy. Guess that makes me the bigger fan.

That is a such a valid point - I'm going to order five.

Boys and girls, Axl needs our money to continue Chinese Democracy. Buy those damn candles!

Yeah! Come on everyone! Scented candles are going to light up the way to Chi Dem!!!! :D