The old Axl!

around the 0:16:17 mark Axl goes "I'll tell you a little bit about this show. There might be a delay between different songs because we just have this big fucking list and we pick which song we're gonna play next as we go to see how it feels best with you. That way we don't get bored and you don't go 'I saw that show in Toledo.' Fuck that shit! Also we'll be playing a lot of new stuff seeing as you people have been waiting a long time for the new album to come out, and it'd be kind of a really pussy thing to do to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerking off.

Hearing this guy say this in 1991 and evaluating how he is in 2014 (at least for now) has pretty much confirmed to me that he no longer has the passion he did in his youth.

Wow. How telling of what Axl has become.

Wonder what caused him to lose that inner fire and determination?

We know he still has the talent and skills to be the Axl Rose that we all used to love and admire.

There is nothing wrong with being a nostalgic act and living off your past success. The sad thing is that Axl doesn't have to be at that point already. He has at least one album's worth of quality material (atlas, soulmonster, general, etc) and maybe two if rumors are true, plus the new band has some prolific writers who are itching at the bit to record with GnR. This band currently as at least three albums worth of material already pretty much written.........release that music! Summer of 2014 release a double album and tour for 1.5 years. Take 2016 off to relax and write. Then record and release a follow up in 2017. THEN go into nostalgic mode and just make a living off the past.

Axl is too young and talented and this band has too much to offer for them to go into cash-grab nostalgic mode. They can do that anytime in the future. But for the next 5-6 years, why not take advantage of all the talent that this current band has? Axl and Beta - there are literally millions of fans who would pay money to be able to hear Axl's voice on new albums. Give the fans a treat!!!!!

Vernset - I respectfully disagree. I don't miss the "old" me. I just miss hearing new music from my favorite rock singer of all time. I couldn't care less about the rants, lawsuits, drama, feuds, fights, etc from Axl. I just wish my favorite rock singer put out albums more than once every 20 years.

Edited by Groghan

around the 0:16:17 mark Axl goes "I'll tell you a little bit about this show. There might be a delay between different songs because we just have this big fucking list and we pick which song we're gonna play next as we go to see how it feels best with you. That way we don't get bored and you don't go 'I saw that show in Toledo.' Fuck that shit! Also we'll be playing a lot of new stuff seeing as you people have been waiting a long time for the new album to come out, and it'd be kind of a really pussy thing to do to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerking off.

Hearing this guy say this in 1991 and evaluating how he is in 2014 (at least for now) has pretty much confirmed to me that he no longer has the passion he did in his youth.

It's amazing (sad) what hanging around the wrong people (TB) and drugs will do to a person. Old Axl kicked ass......

It's amazing (sad) what hanging around the wrong people (TB) and drugs will do to a person. Old Axl kicked ass......

Public perception has far more to do with it than idiots like TB. New music is only in demand from diehards, and Axl is smart enough to realize it. Being a diehard myself, shit sucks.

• Like 1

Wow. How telling of what Axl has become.

Wonder what caused him to lose that inner fire and determination?

We know he still has the talent and skills to be the Axl Rose that we all used to love and admire.

There is nothing wrong with being a nostalgic act and living off your past success. The sad thing is that Axl doesn't have to be at that point already. He has at least one album's worth of quality material (atlas, soulmonster, general, etc) and maybe two if rumors are true, plus the new band has some prolific writers who are itching at the bit to record with GnR. This band currently as at least three albums worth of material already pretty much written.........release that music! Summer of 2014 release a double album and tour for 1.5 years. Take 2016 off to relax and write. Then record and release a follow up in 2017. THEN go into nostalgic mode and just make a living off the past.

Axl is too young and talented and this band has too much to offer for them to go into cash-grab nostalgic mode. They can do that anytime in the future. But for the next 5-6 years, why not take advantage of all the talent that this current band has? Axl and Beta - there are literally millions of fans who would pay money to be able to hear Axl's voice on new albums. Give the fans a treat!!!!!

Vernset - I respectfully disagree. I don't miss the "old" me. I just miss hearing new music from my favorite rock singer of all time. I couldn't care less about the rants, lawsuits, drama, feuds, fights, etc from Axl. I just wish my favorite rock singer put out albums more than once every 20 years.

You're joking, right? Do you seriously think a has-been like Axl can get a double record to sell? Especially in this day and age when even single records don't sell anymore? Also I don't really consider Axl 'young' anymore. Most casual friends I talk to who are not GN'R fans refer to GN'R as "old" and "ancient." It's over. I only posted that video cause I wanted to sho the irony between old Axl's passion and new Axl's boring nature. I don't actually believe in him anymore.