"Make sure he (Axl) is comfortable and happy"....which band member said this?

The real Guns n' Roses doesn't exist anymore either. Despite that lead singer guy who still uses the name along with some hired hands.

You sure? I saw real GNR a few years ago, and they're getting ready to tour again
Must've been some coverband. Let me guess, the one with the 40 year old #demented #emo #douche pretending to be Slash?

The singer is shit though. He sounds like Axl and Mickey Mouse's lovechild.

This is a perfect example of a post that makes this place shit at times.

I will never understand why nothing is done about this bullshit.

The real Guns n' Roses doesn't exist anymore either. Despite that lead singer guy who still uses the name along with some hired hands.

You sure? I saw real GNR a few years ago, and they're getting ready to tour again
Must've been some coverband. Let me guess, the one with the 40 year old #demented #emo #douche pretending to be Slash?

I feel the same about 99% of your over the top shitposts Trollcano. Don't like a taste of your own medicine? Edited by username
  • Like 1

I feel the same about 99% of your over the top shitposts Trollcano. Don't like a taste of your own medicine?
Volcano makes good, intelligent posts about Guns N' Roses, whereas you make cupcake posts like this calling them a cover band, etc. How is that a taste of his own medicine?

Is Axl too scared to stand up for himself to TB? Since she (oh no not that) threatened to quit few yrs back.

I do get the impression he's extremely (too) dependant of Beta.

And I think TB are a bunch of incompetent yes-man leeches.

But I'm not sure if Axl even wants to stand up to them, or is perfectly happy being enabled by them.

I feel the same about 99% of your over the top shitposts Trollcano. Don't like a taste of your own medicine?

You won't see posts of mine stating Slash is a balding, rib fest playin', redundant pentonic scale playin', washed up wanna be rock star a million times a day. I keep that shit to myself.

See the difference?

What are you trying to prove by saying such things on a fan forum?

You won't see posts of mine stating Slash is a balding, rib fest playin', redundant pentonic scale playin', washed up wanna be rock star a million times a day. I keep that shit to myself.

See the difference?

What are you trying to prove by saying such things on a fan forum?

REALLY_SNL_AIGflv.jpg

You sure Slash is the has-been? Seems to me he is out there actually, you know, writing new fucking music in a timely manner. You'd never hear Slash's bandmates complaining that they haven't even written a single song together. In this stupid little "fight" between Axl and Slash all these years, it's clear that Slash has won. I damn sure know he isn't blaming Axl for the problems of the world. Axl probably blames Slash for a bad case of the shits. Damn that Slash, he made my bowels explode.

• Like 3

@Groghan:

I'm sorry the use of the word chicken has consumed you. Good thing I didn't say "chickenshit," I might've been lectured for several paragraphs.

Let's be very clear here: all the nu-Guns players are just employees. Right? Right. Whereas, Slash and Duff were partners with Axl for the majority of their time in the band. See the difference? They didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. Plain and simple. Oh sure, they've portrayed it like they were the innocent little victims. They weren't. And if Slash really loved GnR, he should've fought for it, not acquiesced to Axl's shenanigans all the time.

Saber you're in for an essay :lol:

Groghan: Dude, come on. VR is more successful than GN'R? That's laughable. Where do you pull statements like that from? In absolutely no universe is Velvet Revolver more popular than Guns N' Roses.

Album sales?

Numbers of albums released?

Awards?

Critical acclaim?

We aren't talking "favorite" band, we are talking facts.

I hated VR. But they were clearly more successful than GnR has been.

@Groghan:

I'm sorry the use of the word chicken has consumed you. Good thing I didn't say "chickenshit," I might've been lectured for several paragraphs.

Let's be very clear here: all the nu-Guns players are just employees. Right? Right. Whereas, Slash and Duff were partners with Axl for the majority of their time in the band. See the difference? They didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. Plain and simple. Oh sure, they've portrayed it like they were the innocent little victims. They weren't. And if Slash really loved GnR, he should've fought for it, not acquiesced to Axl's shenanigans all the time.

Groghan: Dude, come on. VR is more successful than GN'R? That's laughable. Where do you pull statements like that from? In absolutely no universe is Velvet Revolver more popular than Guns N' Roses.

Groghan believes because VR did a little better in the US with Contraband that makes them a global phenomenon.

Fact is GNR are much more successful in the rest of the planet. It's not even comparable.

LOL - another volcanoism.

When I look at album sales, I don't only count certain areas of the world.

VR sold more copies than CD. That's a fact, no matter how you look at it.

Global phenomenon.....if you can find ONE post where I said that, or anything closely resembling that - I will leave the forum forever. If you can't provide that proof and admit you are LYING - you leave the forum forever? Deal?

NOW BACK on topic please.

Volcano, WF and Brainsaber - please stop turning EVERY topic into an Axl-vs-Slash and gnr-vs-nugnr fight. Every topic doesn't need it. If you guys don't like people looking at the band or Axl with a critical eye, then why do you post at this forum? Why not post at HTGTH and the band's forum. There you all can worship your Idol and hate on Slash in peace, with nobody challenging you. Why come to a forum that makes you get so angry? A band isn't worth getting angry about every day of your life.

• Like 2

@Groghan:

Album sales?

Numbers of albums released?

Awards?

Critical acclaim?

We aren't talking "favorite" band, we are talking facts.

I hated VR. But they were clearly more successful than GnR has been.

Album sales-Dont amount to much these days with the amount of illegal downloads. Contraband was released in 04, CD in 08 at the height of illegal downloading. I'm sure if there was a way to see how much an album was downloaded, and add that to sales, CD will surpass VR by a long shot.

Number of albums released 2 from VR, then CD. Though as CD was a Guns album, you could also add in the other GNR albums bringing it to 2-8.

Awards-Music awards dont mean anything, they are a joke. Look at the Grammh's, the HOF, etc. Absolute embarassment. Not even old GNR won a grammy.

Critical acclaim- all opinion and therefore can't be used as any sort of evidence

So....

Has anyone found the quote yet?

Volcano's quote where he accuses me of saying something I never said? No. That original quote will never be found, because I didn't say it. Wonder if Volcano will apologize for blatant flat-out lying?

The quote from the original topic?

It was Frank in a recent interview. Sounds like a really nice guy. The best part of the interview was hearing him laugh when asked if his son would be playing on the next GnR album instead of him. The guys asked some pretty honest questions about his situation and he never once got mad, or insulted, he just answered them straightforwardly and with great respect.

WF.......ok. Fair enough.

Album sales can't be used.

Number of albums can't be used.

Industry awards can't be used.

Critical acclaim can't be used.

How exactly would one tell if one band is more successful than the other?

For me personally, I could give a rat's ass who was more popular. It doesn't offend me or make me angry if somebody says another band was more popular than my favorite bands. And I don't view this as a competition between Slash and Axl - so I don't really care which band was more successful or which artist was more successful. I have no personal connection to either Slash or Axl, so I have no hatred towards one guy and I don't get personally offended if somebody doesn't agree with my feelings on either guy's music.

VR was more successful than GnR was during the time VR was active.

I like GnR 100000 times more.

I don't need to find or make up reasons why GnR was more successful or why Slash is the devil. Who really gives a f*ck?

Slash routinely puts out music for his fans to enjoy, and he communicates with his fans on a regular basis. That's the only personal praise I have for him over Axl.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 3

So....

Has anyone found the quote yet?

Volcano's quote where he accuses me of saying something I never said? No. That original quote will never be found, because I didn't say it. Wonder if Volcano will apologize for blatant flat-out lying?

The quote from the original topic?

It was Frank in a recent interview. Sounds like a really nice guy. The best part of the interview was hearing him laugh when asked if his son would be playing on the next GnR album instead of him. The guys asked some pretty honest questions about his situation and he never once got mad, or insulted, he just answered them straightforwardly and with great respect.

Frank's a blast, completely down to earth and easy to talk to.

Volcano makes good, intelligent posts about Guns N' Roses, whereas you make cupcake posts like this calling them a cover band, etc. How is that a taste of his own medicine?

Are we talking about the same guy? Volcano is the guy that genuinely hates Slash more than Axl does and takes every chance he can to rip on him. He turns good threads into Axl vs Slash as soon as somebody fairly criticizes Axl, he keeps throwing around completely ridiculous opinions about old GnR and it's members while giving completely unrealistic praise to the current incarnation of the band. The guy is the biggest cupcake on this forum and has turned thread after thread to shit by acting like he can't even accept the smallest bit of fair criticism towards Axl or new GnR. Or he means it, which would be even more disturbing. In my not so humble opinion one of the worst members of this forum. The way he keeps accusing everybody of trolling as soon as they say something critical about GnR or Axl is beyond hypocritical.

I don't think he's a bad guy. Just mentally disabled.

Are we talking about the same guy? Volcano is the guy that genuinely hates Slash more than Axl does and takes every chance he can to rip on him. He turns good threads into Axl vs Slash as soon as somebody fairly criticizes Axl, he keeps throwing around completely ridiculous opinions about old GnR and it's members while giving completely unrealistic praise to the current incarnation of the band. The guy is the biggest cupcake on this forum and has turned thread after thread to shit by acting like he can't even accept the smallest bit of fair criticism towards Axl or new GnR. Or he means it, which would be even more disturbing. In my not so humble opinion one of the worst members of this forum. The way he keeps accusing everybody of trolling as soon as they say something critical about GnR or Axl is beyond hypocritical.

I don't think he's a bad guy. Just mentally disabled.

What?

You fuckin' arse.

I am still trying to establish why so many people who hate *insert past or present incarnation of GNR here* come on these boards. I'm not a big fan of nuGuns. But I don't sling hate...I occasionally liken DJ to Liza Minelli but it's all in good fun. I am Team Duff if I have to choose a team but I am more "Team I Enjoy The Fucking Music" than anything else. The amount of mud-slinging and bullshit here requires one to go buy chest waders before registering an account. They wanna make Axl happy? Good for them. Since he is the one who signs the paychecks, they should make him happy. As far as old Guns not standing up to Axl, I think they just got sick of dealing with him. It wasn't codependency, it was avoidance. Slash, Duff, and Izzy are all pretty well-known to be laid-back guys who don't go off like powderkegs at the drop of a hat. Actually, 90% of the guitarists I know are that way. They would rather just say "Fuck it." and walk away than be bothered with someone having a hissy fit. I'm a fan of Axl and I think k he's brilliant. I also think someone should have just bitchslapped him back in the day to get him to pull his shit together. I think his temper has become such a juggernaut of legend all in it's own that people, his current band included, tiptoe around, hoping not to be on the receiving end of his fury. In short - they are intimidated more by the stories of his ferocity than the actual embodiment of a 50+ year old man who might get pissed off. His performance has mellowed over the years and I would bet that so has his need for violence. Somebody bring him over to my place. I'll fix in 20 minutes what that shrink of his couldn't in years. I'm not afraid of him, I'll just bust out the "mom voice" that'll have him quaking in his signature hightops.

Edited by DangerousCurves
  • Like 2

And that's the thing, his band mates (employees) are fucking afraid of him. I don't care what they say in interviews. They are scared as shit of losing their meal ticket. Ron's lucky he hasn't been canned yet with his "fuck GNR" remarks and his frustration over no new music. The best part of the past concerts have been when Duff or Izzy come on stage, because then you can at least block out all the other guys and pretend Slash and Steven/Matt are up there too, off camera. I don't hate Axl at all. I just think his unfounded hatred for Slash is absurd. Life's too damn short to hold a vendetta against someone. If he cared at all about making his fans happy, he'd personally drive to the houses of Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven/Matt and talk with them at length and get the band back together. That's what would make 99% of the fanbase happy. The other miniscule percentage would of course then worship Slash as if nothing ever happened.

I think it's all an image anyway. I think he genuinely did not like Slash at first, but over the years he has changed his stance but doesn't want anyone to know. He has talked fondly of Slash in the past few years but when he finds out he's talking to reporters he goes back to his "fuck Slash" mode. And that disgusting video of Beta pulling him away from those fans after telling Slash stories.

Edited by SlashisGOD

@Groghan:

Groghan believes because VR did a little better in the US with Contraband that makes them a global phenomenon.

Fact is GNR are much more successful in the rest of the planet. It's not even comparable.

Do record sales even mean anything these days? CD was released in the height of the illegal downloading days. And I remember seeing something about it being one of the most downloaded albums of the year, so surely CD reached more people?

Obviously nuGnR is much more succesful - they've been able to tour the same album the last 13 years

• Like 1

From what I've heard from actual band members from different bands who have toured with GNR, Axl stayed mostly by himself even with the original GNR.

I'm pretty sure he does the same thing today. He rarely hangs with anyone.

As for making him comfortable, every performer has their likes that they want backstage or on the road, so Axl isn't and wasn't any different.

I've seen lists for Britney Spears and Lady Gaga, so I don't think Axl was as eccentric as people make him out to be.