"Guns n Roses Original 1986 Demo Tape From Earliest Sessions" that belonged to longtime publicist Bryn Bridenthal has been sold on RecordMecca.com

L1340899.jpg

"Guns n Roses Original 1986 Demo Tape From Earliest Sessions" that belonged to longtime publicist Bryn Bridenthal has been sold on RecordMecca.com

what do you guys think?

is this real/original stuff?

is is possible that there is anything uncirculated on the tape?

FULL INFO HERE = https://recordmecca.com/item-archives/guns-n-roses-original-1986-demo-tape-from-earliest-sessions/

some Bryn Bridenthal photos

elektra-pr-staff-with-eddie-rabbitt-b_or

Elektra's 70's West Coast PR Staff with Eddie Rabbitt: L-R Bobbi Goldenberg, Sue Satriano, Sally Stevens, Eddie Rabbit, Janice Azrak, Bryn Bridenthal (from Senoff's 1970s West Coast Music Industry Photos and Memories)

JDKBrynBridenthal1993.jpg

John Kalodner and Bryn Bridenthal in 1993 (from JohnKalodner.com)

1541602_orig.jpg

Bryn (left) with sister Sher on a more recent photo (from http://www.2sistersglass.com/about-2sisters-glass.html)

3 hours ago, kevinb said:

Here's the story.  This was her copy of the SAME demos we've had since bootleg vinyls were pressed in the late 1980s.   I have all of it on bootleg vinyl -and I'm sure most of you all do as well- so remember these are just personal cassettes of the COPIES of the stuff we have, nothing revolutionary or Earth-shattering.  I am not aware of any uncirculated demos but there are uncirculated rehearsals that were recorded, most notably the complete Mates Rehearsal tapes with Coma, Bad Apples, Ain't Goin Down, and a bunch of songs/jams that were never released from 1989 (instrumental, no Axl).  There is also a rehearsal tape from 1985 that is uncirculated but no demos.  Everything is on youtube... not much out there that hasn't leaked after 30 years other than most of Marc Canter's recordings like soundboard audio from Whisky 8/23/86 (first performance of Sweet Child).  Hope this helps...  -Kevin

sure mate!

10 hours ago, kevinb said:

there are uncirculated rehearsals that were recorded, most notably the complete Mates Rehearsal tapes with Coma, Bad Apples, Ain't Goin Down, and a bunch of songs/jams that were never released from 1989 (instrumental, no Axl).  There is also a rehearsal tape from 1985 that is uncirculated but no demos.

care to trade those? preferably not me as I'm not good at transfering tapes to digital formats, but maybe some other people might care... @Nikki_Sixx or @rockphantom

Ok, to clear up any misunderstanding, that Bryn Bridenthal tape was sold on record.mecca a LONG time ago.

It contains the June '86 Sound City Sessions.  It's not complete though, it only contains the songs that were bootlegged.  It does not contain 'The Plague', etc.

Here's the tracklist of the Bryn Bridenthal tape (as available throught the link in the OP) :

Side 1: Think About You/Welcome to the Jungle (with false start)/Don’t Cry/Nice Boys/Back Off Bitch/Anything Goes/Mama Kin/Heartbreak Hotel/Instrumental/Jumping Jack Flash/Jumping Jack Flash (acoustic jam)/Nightrain – East Coast Junkie/Think About You (partial, same version) Side 2: Out Ta Get Me/Rocket Queen/Nightrain/My Michelle/You’re Crazy/Paradise City/Move To The City/November Rain/Shadow Of Your Love/Reckless Life/Rocket Queen (partial, same version.)

Like you all know, the COMPLETE Sound City Sessions (including some tracks that were never bootlegged) will be officially released on the AFD reissue, so this tape is worthless.

As for the other stuff mentioned in this thread (missing Mates Rehearsal tracks, '85 rehearsal, ...), NONE of that has surfaced.  There's NO way of knowing what exists, aside from the stuff Marc Canter has told us about.  There might be dozens of things (rehearsals, demos, etc.) recorded between '85 and '96 we don't have a clue about ...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Ok, to clear up any misunderstanding, that Bryn Bridenthal tape was sold on record.mecca a LONG time ago.

It contains the June '86 Sound City Sessions.  It's not complete though, it only contains the songs that were bootlegged.  It does not contain 'The Plague', etc.

Here's the tracklist of the Bryn Bridenthal tape (as available throught the link in the OP) :

Side 1: Think About You/Welcome to the Jungle (with false start)/Don’t Cry/Nice Boys/Back Off Bitch/Anything Goes/Mama Kin/Heartbreak Hotel/Instrumental/Jumping Jack Flash/Jumping Jack Flash (acoustic jam)/Nightrain – East Coast Junkie/Think About You (partial, same version) Side 2: Out Ta Get Me/Rocket Queen/Nightrain/My Michelle/You’re Crazy/Paradise City/Move To The City/November Rain/Shadow Of Your Love/Reckless Life/Rocket Queen (partial, same version.)

Like you all know, the COMPLETE Sound City Sessions (including some tracks that were never bootlegged) will be officially released on the AFD reissue, so this tape is worthless.

As for the other stuff mentioned in this thread (missing Mates Rehearsal tracks, '85 rehearsal, ...), NONE of that has surfaced.  There's NO way of knowing what exists, aside from the stuff Marc Canter has told us about.  There might be dozens of things (rehearsals, demos, etc.) recorded between '85 and '96 we don't have a clue about ...

:headbang:

I can confirm that everything I posted earlier indeed exists on audio in varying degrees of (mostly great) quality.  And I'm sure there's more out there.  It's up to management and Marc Canter.   They hold the keys to the vault.  I will be talking more about this in a podcast in the near future.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:22 AM, Nikki_Sixx said:

As for the other stuff mentioned in this thread (missing Mates Rehearsal tracks, '85 rehearsal, ...), NONE of that has surfaced.  There's NO way of knowing what exists, aside from the stuff Marc Canter has told us about.  There might be dozens of things (rehearsals, demos, etc.) recorded between '85 and '96 we don't have a clue about ..

Just no Don't Cry right?  I guess they are saving that for a possible UYI box..