Jump to content
oldnews

Eradicate The Foo Fighters

Recommended Posts

On 12/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, RussTCB said:

Of course not, but him appearing on a educational kids show is a ridiculous argument against him. 

OK you're right, appearing on Sesame Street is 100% rock n roll

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

OK you're right, appearing on Sesame Street is 100% rock n roll

Not even remotely what I said. You seem like you're looking for a reason to hate Dave Grohl. 

Ray Charles, Elvis Costello, Stevie Wonder, Johnny Cash, BB King, Prince and Paul Simon are just some of the legends who have appeared on Sesame Street. 

I'm not saying Grohl is a "legend", I'm just saying some people who are absolute legends have done the show. Grohl really doesn't matter much to me one way or the other, it's just odd to me to see someone need a reason to hate him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 10:14 AM, RussTCB said:

Not even remotely what I said. You seem like you're looking for a reason to hate Dave Grohl. 

Ray Charles, Elvis Costello, Stevie Wonder, Johnny Cash, BB King, Prince and Paul Simon are just some of the legends who have appeared on Sesame Street. 

I'm not saying Grohl is a "legend", I'm just saying some people who are absolute legends have done the show. Grohl really doesn't matter much to me one way or the other, it's just odd to me to see someone need a reason to hate him. 

I never said I hated him I just think he's a cheesey, lame Nicklebackesque 'rock star' that wants to be everyone's best friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I never said I hated him I just think he's a cheesey, lame Nicklebackesque 'rock star' that wants to be everyone's best friend

Fair enough :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I never said I hated him I just think he's a cheesey, lame Nicklebackesque 'rock star' that wants to be everyone's best friend

I think everyone wants to be Dave Grohl's friend. Everyone wants to work with the guy, from Hollywood people like Juliette Lewis, to Tom Petty, to Lemmy, to Slash, to Queens of the Stone Age, to David Bowie, etc.

He's like the popular kid that everyone wants to hang out with, thus there will always be people who dislike him for that.

But there really isn't a lot wrong with Grohl. He's a mediocre singer and guitarist, but a good drummer, and he may not have that touch of genius that Cobain possessed, he does know how to write a decent rock song. 

I'm not the biggest FF fan but there are always songs that are just solid rock songs and hard to dislike, like this one,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I think everyone wants to be Dave Grohl's friend. Everyone wants to work with the guy, from Hollywood people like Juliette Lewis, to Tom Petty, to Lemmy, to Slash, to Queens of the Stone Age, to David Bowie, etc.

He's like the popular kid that everyone wants to hang out with, thus there will always be people who dislike him for that.

But there really isn't a lot wrong with Grohl. He's a mediocre singer and guitarist, but a good drummer, and he may not have that touch of genius that Cobain possessed, he does know how to write a decent rock song. 

I'm not the biggest FF fan but there are always songs that are just solid rock songs and hard to dislike, like this one,

 

I regret clicking the play button, the first 15 seconds sounds like Status Quo and then his voice hits like a cheese grenade, slightly better than 'Learn to Fly' though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I regret clicking the play button, the first 15 seconds sounds like Status Quo and then his voice hits like a cheese grenade, slightly better than 'Learn to Fly' though

Well, each to his own. What Grohl learned from Cobain is to keep it as simple as possible. Every song is catchy and has a hook, combined with heavy guitars and loud drums. If that's not your thing, I wouldn't bother listening to the Foo Fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, each to his own. What Grohl learned from Cobain is to keep it as simple as possible. Every song is catchy and has a hook, combined with heavy guitars and loud drums. If that's not your thing, I wouldn't bother listening to the Foo Fighters.

I like the 1st album and Color and the shape is good after that I think only the song White Limo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oldnews said:

I like the 1st album and Color and the shape is good after that I think only the song White Limo

They have basically been doing the same thing on each record, to be honest. They never evolved a lot. They started to experiment a bit with Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, but then they followed that one up with Wasting Light, which is a solid record, but it was a typical FF record again. I guess Grohl is somewhat of a one-trick pony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×