Why is Vanilla Ice considered a joke and the Beasties are not?

Guest JohnUlmer

Vanilla Ice was a shameless cash in, pushed as a pop star.

the Beasties actually know what hip hop is. Wanna-be posers isnt really the way to describe them at all, just because they're white boys? hmm, They were on Def Jam for a start, back when it mattered, toured with Run DMC, have/had Mix Master Mike as their DJ who is arguably one of the best Hip Hop DJ's of all time, were heavily involved in the New York 80's rap scene after giving up on a career in Hardcore, and have made some of the best Rap Albums/Songs of all time. Generally they know what they're on about, they're musicians.

they're a respectable bunch

if you need this explaining to you i suggest you spend time doing something you'll get more enjoyment out of like watching the rocky horror picture show.

Guest JohnUlmer

the Beasties actually know what hip hop is. Wanna-be posers isnt really the way to describe them at all, just because they're white boys? hmm, They were on Def Jam for a start, back when it mattered, toured with Run DMC, have/had Mix Master Mike as their DJ who is arguably one of the best Hip Hop DJ's of all time, were heavily involved in the New York 80's rap scene after giving up on a career in Hardcore, and have made some of the best Rap Albums/Songs of all time. Generally they know what they're on about, they're musicians.

if you need this explaining to you i suggest you spend time doing something you'll get more enjoyment out of like watching the rocky horror picture show.

But yo'z, V-Ice be my homey dawg! What be wrong with your dissin G?

I don't get it. Aren't they all white-boy rapper wannabe posers? How come V-Ice got the bad rap and the Beastie Boys are considered legends?

Cause he 'flows like a harpoon daily and nightly'. Essentially, the Beasties can poke fun at themselves whereas the, aherm, 'Ice man' goes schizo if he thinks someone is having just a tiny pop at him. Laughable.

I don't get it. Aren't they all white-boy rapper wannabe posers? How come V-Ice got the bad rap and the Beastie Boys are considered legends?

Cause he 'flows like a harpoon daily and nightly'. Essentially, the Beasties can poke fun at themselves whereas the, aherm, 'Ice man' goes schizo if he thinks someone is having just a tiny pop at him. Laughable.

He's even worse now, now he hangs with Insane Fag Posse, being a wicked cocksucker and doin ice ice alll gangsta, ICE ICE BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Because Vanilla Ice dissed Queen.

great thing to say from a guy who based his whole carrer on something a stole from queen :P

To this day the ice man still insists that he didnt steal that bassline from queen :rofl-lol:

Yea because of the little "tisk" what bullshit

NO no no no, their version is "ding ding ding dingy ding ding", my version is...

Santana needs to find this thread.

Because Vanilla Ice dissed Queen.

great thing to say from a guy who based his whole carrer on something a stole from queen :P

To this day the ice man still insists that he didnt steal that bassline from queen :rofl-lol:

Yea because of the little "tisk" what bullshit

NO no no no, their version is "ding ding ding dingy ding ding", my version is...

Santana needs to find this thread.

that was the funniest interview of all time!

I don't feel the need to go any further into the debate after this post.

Nice one.

Ok, here's the real reason...

Vanilla Ice played at a club in my hometown last weekend (or maybe it is this coming weekend, I'm not sure). Anyway, if any of you knew how pathetic that is, you'd understand. We don't even have a local scene, let alone being able to attract real names.

I live in the smallest, shittiest city, with the smallest, shittiest clubs. It's really a joke.