Are GNR the most popular rock band amongst rappers?

Randy Lahey

Guest NGOG

Definitely. GNR and the big time rappers wrote about similar issues but in a way that was related to their own race. So 2Pac and co were rapping about purges of the ghetto and Axl was singing about the tribulations of a country white boy. There was also a massive drug culture to both GNR and 90s rap. Songs like Mr. Brownstone would not have been alien to the rap industry. If anything, GNR were the white equivalent to the recklessness and attitude of rap. Added to that, Axl's lyrics and vocal style have a distinct rap quality. Look at Better for example, it's a raplike performance.

Guest Len B'stard

Reaching a bit, don't you think? I've heard Tupac mentioned Hitler before, i wouldn't say that means he was a fan.

Reaching a bit, don't you think? I've heard Tupac mentioned Hitler before, i wouldn't say that means he was a fan.

I don't think so. In general, people tend to mention stuff they like when answering questions. Marlon Brando and Axl Rose were the two names Pac mentioned when he was talking about being a rapper as opposed to a gangster rapper.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Definitely. GNR and the big time rappers wrote about similar issues but in a way that was related to their own race. So 2Pac and co were rapping about purges of the ghetto and Axl was singing about the tribulations of a country white boy. There was also a massive drug culture to both GNR and 90s rap. Songs like Mr. Brownstone would not have been alien to the rap industry. If anything, GNR were the white equivalent to the recklessness and attitude of rap. Added to that, Axl's lyrics and vocal style have a distinct rap quality. Look at Better for example, it's a raplike performance.

I don't know about rappers but among my black friends that listened to rap, they all loved AFD and said much to the same effect as your post

• 1 month later...

I don't think so. In general, people tend to mention stuff they like when answering questions. Marlon Brando and Axl Rose were the two names Pac mentioned when he was talking about being a rapper as opposed to a gangster rapper.

where did 2pac say this (axl and brando)?

do u have a source?

I know he talked about Kurt,Madonna and he LOVED jada pinkett smith.

where did 2pac say this (axl and brando)?

do u have a source?

I know he talked about Kurt,Madonna and he LOVED jada pinkett smith.

here you go sir http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/199074-2pac-uses-marlon-brando-and-axl-rose-to-deny-that-hes-a-gangster-rapper/

Not one word of this is true. That post is absolute garbage, as GN'R and rap are completely apples and oranges. How dumb.