Trent Reznor announces hip-hop themed album featuring Kanye West among others

bacardimayne

Trent Reznor Announces Collabs with Death Grips, Kanye West & ASAP Rocky

Hot off the heels of his Grammy nominated, Hesitation Marks, Trent Reznor has announced that he is working with several artists on a hip hop themed album. He expanded upon this by stating that he has been in the studio with several hip hop heavyweights, including Kanye West.

In August of last year, Trent Reznor heaped praise on Kanye West in an interview with Spin magazine.

"I know [Kanye] a bit," Reznor said. "He's come out to shows and we've had some humorous I've listened to him talk backstage a few times. I can't say that we had a conversation. I find him an interesting character. Yeezus, I really love it. I think the sound of it is cool. I can't endorse what he's saying lyrically, but I will say that in terms of the role of the dangerous entertainer in 2013, nobody is beating him at that game. It feels like he might implode. Even if it is calculated to some degree, it feels rough on the edges in a way that I can appreciate. I'm glad he's out there. Consistently he's put out ahead-of-the-curve ****. He's definitely a talented guy."

Trent Reznor had also, surprisingly, heaped praise on Kanye West's hip hop peer, ASAP Rocky, in an interview with The FADER magazine stating that the production on ASAP Rocky's debut, Long.Live.A$AP was fantastic. When asked about about industrial hip hop outfit Death Grips, Trent Reznor exclaimed that they already have three to four songs recorded and that the group is his personal favorite at this moment in time, calling them a breath of fresh air in a "cesspool of ****".

Remember when I told Broski that TDS and The Fragile were NIN's best albums? This time next year that may no longer be the case.

• Like 3