Bergen, Oslo, Helsinki and Aalborg

Scaramouche

So, I decided to make a new thread, as I'll write about all three shows and didn't know which thread to put it in. I've had the best week of my life, that's for sure. Got to see them three times in a week, and met the whole band minus Pitman, Frank and Tommy.

Started in Bergen. They arrived late on the evening Thursday, and I worked for free so that I could say hi and welcome them to Norway. Met Richard, DJ and Dizzy there, the rest didn't show up there. Didn't talk very much though, as they waited for baggage and I was helping at work. Saturday me and a friend of mine decided to go to the venue to see if they were rehearsing, and they were. We sat outside listening for 5 hours. That was awesome, as the sun was shining and the weather was nice. They even rehearsed There Was A Time. I recorded it, so will put in a link at the bottom. We waited until they finished and come out, in hope to get CD signed. But we were told by security to NOT go anywhere else than where we were staying, and the band had to stop by themselves. So of course we didn't wanted to go try stop them and suches. Most just walked into the car, but Ron insisted to say hi, sign and take a picture. Even though he was told to hurry up, he just went like "don't be so angry, they've been waiting here for hours". He added a "see you at the shows" as we told which we were going to.

Monday was show day. Got in line by 10am, and we were the only ones for a few hours. Some people working there laughed at us, lol. Wtf? How often are Guns N' Roses playing your hometown? Of course we had to be first. And when the sun is shining and you've got good music to listen to, what's better than waiting for gnr? Okay, waiting. We got in and Danko Jones played. They're cool btw. Had never heard anything by them, but I really liked them. After that we waited for gnr until 11pm something. I didn't care, but I know a lot of people did. Anyway, when they started the show it was amazing. The band was so tight, holy shit. This I Love is one of my all time favourites, and I didn't think it could be more fantastic than it already was. But this song live is just mindblowing. Axl on that song... Yeah, it made me cry. What a power!

Stood in front of Tommy, a bit to the right for center. I can absolutely recommend that place, you can see everything. The band is so fun to watch, I love how they all are so different. And they're using the whole stage a lot, which is good. They we get to see everyone. First time ever I saw gnr, it couldn't have been better! Also met many cool gnr fans, like Hejanne, Jimmi Rose and D..

Okay, god home, some sleep, and next day off to Oslo. Oslo was the best day ever. Planned to sleep and save some energy for next day, but ended up going out instead. Next morning we were in line from 10:30am, which was a bit pitty as no one else came. Next few came 2-3 hours later, but there wasn't any queue before at the evening. Oh well, it doesn't matter, we got front row the same place as last time. Danko Jones were cool in Oslo too, but the crowd didn't care as much for them as in Bergen. But that's typicall Oslo crowd. Again and more importantly, the gnr crowd was better than in Bergen. Many people around me were really into the CD songs, cool. Ron recognised us from Bergen, and waved in the beginning of the show. Richard was also pointing and smiling two times when he came over to our side. They just blew me away by doing that, it means a lot for a fan!

Setlist was the same as in Bergen, would love to hear more from CD, but it doesn't matters that much. The band was amazing once again, it's impossible to not like these shows. One funny thing was under Street Of Dreams. It was a bit out in the song when Axl started a new verse. He sung so tight and had probably the most amazing voice I've ever heard. The rest of the band just started laughing at him, I stood there with goosebumps all over. Did I mention I really like the solo spots for all four? The piano solo is lovely, and all three guitar solos are awesome. So much cooler live than on youtube!!! Oh, almost forgot to mention. In the middle of the set one in the crew suddenly came down and said something to me. I didn't get it first, but then he gave me two plectrums and said they'd recognised me from Bergen and wanted to give those. Fantastic, that was really kind.

Oslo show over, bought another t-shirt. Yeah, I do have problems limit myself, I have to many.. We met D.. and some others we'd become friends with, and went out for a few drinks. Everyone super happy after a great, great, great show. Singing to gnr for a long time, no wonder of what was gonna meet us later. Headed to get something to eat, and then walked up that street in the middle of Oslo where gnr also were living. Now I don't know where to start. Suddenly Axl, Ron, Richard, Tommy and DJ came. There weren't that many people there, but many enough that we didn't got to talk very much. Almost everyone ran to Axl, so I decided to try speak to Tommy. Unfortunately he hurried into the hotel, probably tired after a long day. For a good reason though, he's pretty energic on stage! Ron saw me, and gave me this big hug. Can you believe that? I'm the happiest person on this earth, haha. Talked just a bit, told both shows were great and that I couldn't wait until the festival in Helsinki. Axl was had a lot of patience, signing for everyone who wanted, taking pictures with everyone who wanted. I still can't believe I've met Axl, he was so nice. Also managed to catch DJ and Richard. Got my SIXX:A.M. record signed!! Yeah, I went around with gnr, sixx:am, replacements cd's all the time, just in case. I'm glad I did. Richard went like "hey, you was at exactly the same place today and in Bergen. cool, how did you do that?" haha.. Early in line is the answer. He was pretty funny, joking around about that he did NOT wanted to sign a sixx:a.m. record, as he saw I had that one too.

So they went, and we got home. Didn't got much sleep that night, was way too excited to even try sleeping.

Next day we went to Helsinki. It was great to have two extra days there before thw show, some time to rest. Or not. Planned to be first at the meet&greet Saturday, but that didn't work. Being hangover and hurr up after 3 hours sleep isn't a good thing. Managed to get to the meet&greet one hour later than planned, but the queue wasn't that big. When Ron saw us he went "woah, you again! Cool!" He used long time, which was nice. Then we got to talk a little bit too. He said he was so pissed off in Bergen because it went like it did, and that he was sorry the crowd had to wait that long. We told it was worth the wait, but he still wasn't convinced. But honestly, it was worth it! I brought my CD lp, so he signed that and added "always a pleasure". Asked if I could get my bag signed too, or if that was too much. He just went "of course, what ever you want I'll do it". What a sweetheart!! He also wanted to take a few extra pictures, so we could be sure there was at least one good. Amazing!

Then off to the gig. Came late, and there were already people all around at the front. Missed White Lies unfortunately. I love them, so that was dissapointing. Whatever, gnr was the most important. As we were at the meet&greet we got a bit further back in the crowd. Ad first it was okay, but when gnr started there were so many people.. I'm not doing that again. I'm very low, and can't see a shit behind other people. Besides of a bad spot, the show was again amazing. Gnr were totally on fire, maybe the best of the three days? Was fun to see them come on that early, only 15 minutes too late. Everyone seemed like they were in a very good mood, especially Axl. He was smiling all the time!

One thing I have to add! For god sake, I've never ever in my whole life seen that many drunk people walking around as at this festival. Yeah, it's a festival I know, but this was insane. And I've never seen that many people wearing wigs!! Haha, funny shit! Got back to the hotel early, as the set finished before midnight. Great end of the week, fantastic show and everything, but personally I like front row (shock)

Just got home earlier today, after a day on plane and train. Now I can rest and work until Friday, then it's off to Denmark. I'm so ready for the Aalborg show, can't wait!!!!! And sorry this got so long (with way to many grammar misakes), but I couldn't make it shorter. Come on, I saw the coolest band on earth 3 times in a week, and met the band. Now I really can die happy. Aalborg, here I come :D

Okay, Aalborg. I said I'd write a small review, and I guess late is better than never. I didn't think any show could top Oslo, and even Bergen, but Aalborg is the best show I've ever been to.

I'de already spent a few days in Aalborg as I bought my horse from Denmark the same weekend. So we'd already been around the day before the gig to have a look at the venue, also found to find the store where the meet&greet would find place. Yeah, I need to sort out all of that before the showday. Whatever..

Went early to the meet&greet so that we could hurry to the venue to queue afterwards. Ron came 30 mins earlier than planned, fortunately, the queue started getting big right after we arrived. The meet&greet was amazing once again, Ron is such a nice human being. He took his time with everyone, talking, signing, you name it. I only brought a picture of me and him when we met in Bergen. When he signed it, he once again started talking about how pissed off he was in Bergen and how he'd to stay in Moscow to get over it. Haha, don't think he ever will get over it. Just don't hope he's thinking the fans were that frustrated, come on, everyone know gnr and everyone loved the show.

Doh, and one funny thing. Ron asked if he could take a picture of us "beautiful Scandinavian girls" to show the band mates that they should've been there. Saying that they could've been there too, but he didn't know why they weren't. Can you believe that? At least it put me out of words for a while, haha... We somehow got into Don't Cry in Russia, and something about TWAT 'cause someone thought they played it there. I said it was my favorite song, and he said he'd love to play it, 'cause it's such a great song and fun to play. Oh well, at least it was playing in the background in the store, and Ron grabbed a guitar and played along for a few seconds!!

Well, off to the show! Big thanks to Gigantium for fantastic organization before letting us inside, great way to to it. Never been waiting in line inside before, loved it!! Danko Jones started off around 8pm, and they put out a great show. Was fun to see them again now that I know their songs better. I like them, I've even bought two albums. Best part was when Frank came out on stage in the middle of third song or something.. Sat down in front of Danko, just drinking wine and watching. Followed by DJ and Tommy. Whole Danko Jones went like "wtf??" haha. Ron was filming/taking pics of it from the side, I think he actually posted a pic of it on twitter. I'm still laughing thinking of the whole episode, the crowd went pretty crazy.

Gnr went on early. Don't know exactly when, but I felt we didn't even wait for them. First of all I've to say the crowd was crazy, both in a good and bad way. The band seemed to be in a very good mood, everyone was into everything, all over the stage all night. Axl even made fun of himself saying he needed some more beer! The whole show was just GREAT, I don't know what more to say about it, best I've seen in my life. This band is so good! To those of you who have yet to see them, you won't be let down. And I got a Buble pic, yeah!!

Have a video from the beginning when Ron played guitar before the signing started. Will see if I can upload it if anyone are interested.

In case anyone want to hear TWAT or see some pictures, here they are. I've got a lot of pics on Facebook, but here are those with the band. Have got some from the meet&greet too. Will se if I can post some later.

With Ron after the rehearsal in Bergen

With Axl. Just a little bit shocked.

With DJ Ashba

And with Richard

Edited by Scaramouche

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds really awesome. A lot of rockstars could learn a little something from Ron about how to behave and treat the fans.

And the rehearsel of There was a time, despite the sound quality, sounds amazing, I don't get why they don't play it more often.

Yeah I'm sorry for that bad quality on the video. It's only a shitty old camera.

Forgot to mention that in the middle of the Skunk show I saw Frank and Pitman to my right. Wanted to go over, but got a bit surprised by seeing them there and couldn't think of anything to say that moment. And they really seemed to enjoy the show, so you just don't go and distract then.. :)

Edited by Scaramouche

Good read!

"One thing I have to add! For god sake, I've never ever in my whole life seen that many drunk people walking around as at this festival. Yeah, it's a festival I know, but this was insane."

I personally think there were less drunk people than usually :D Well finnish people like to drink.. a lot. Im having hangover at the moment i'm writing this..

Did you talk to Axl at all?

And a question that goes out to you as well as all of our northern friends and maniacs: How do you deal with those nights that don't become dark? Is it difficult to sleep and do you sleep your usual hours?

Good read!

"One thing I have to add! For god sake, I've never ever in my whole life seen that many drunk people walking around as at this festival. Yeah, it's a festival I know, but this was insane."

I personally think there were less drunk people than usually :D Well finnish people like to drink.. a lot. Im having hangover at the moment i'm writing this..

Seriously? Haha. Okay, I was still hangover myself even on the evening that day, so shouldn't say anything. But the wigs just made it even worse, haha. You really like to party!

Did you talk to Axl at all?

And a question that goes out to you as well as all of our northern friends and maniacs: How do you deal with those nights that don't become dark? Is it difficult to sleep and do you sleep your usual hours?

Maniac? Me? :lol:

Didn't exactly talk to him. Except from saying both show rocked and ask for a signature. You know, everyone wants to talk to him.

Well, I've lived here all my life, and seriously, it's no problem. I just fall asleep, don't need dark to do that. It's funny, 'cause now by 1am it will be dark outside. And when I get to work around 3-4am sometimes, it's starting to get lighther again. Oh well, it's only for the summer.

Great story ! Dedicated fan !

Always nice to see amongst all that crazy negativity !

Great pics ( now enjoy your stalking by rabid fellow forum members :rofl-lol:

And now we also know that Ron was indeed really pissed...

Hope it does not get worse...I really care for him and the band :confused:

What an amazing read, i'm sure it is everyones dream on this site to have had the week you have had, and yes, what a pleasant surprise to see how beautiful you are as well!

I'd dedicate all my time to go see them if I could :heart:

Seemed like he was most off all pissed at the situation and just a bit frustrated about it. Don't think it meant something. He wrote about it on twitter a few days ago, seems like everyting is okay now :)

Can I ask you a question?

Sure?