New dates for US Tour!

Wando

Two new GN'R dates (Reno & Sacramento)

GN'R is scheduked to play at the Reno Events Center in Reno, NV on Saturday, September 30th and at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, CA on Monday, October 2nd.

Tickets for both shows go on sale on Saturday, August 26th at 10:00 am PDT.

Source(s): http://www.livenation.com/

Thanks to: Minneapolisnewsman

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/sh...php?newsid=1675

Edit: Blabbermouth confirmed the San Diego-gig: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=56839

Edited by madison

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, the ARCO Arena looks pretty big.... Im guessing this is not warmup shows or?

Yep.. I read from HTGTH that it's capacity in NBA-games is 17,317 seats.. And for Reno, "Its flexible 7,000 seat capacity and its location in the liveliest part of the city makes it the place to plan in Reno."

D-GenerationX, if they perform in VMA's they have a pretty good chance IMO (:

Edited by Wando

Cool, the ARCO Arena looks pretty big.... Im guessing this is not warmup shows or?

Yep.. I read from HTGTH that it's capacity in NBA-games is 17,317 seats.. And for Reno, "Its flexible 7,000 seat capacity and its location in the liveliest part of the city makes it the place to plan in Reno."

Problem is, most people's last impression of this band was the last VMA belly flop.

Problem is, most people's last impression of this band was the last VMA belly flop.

Yep <_< That's why they need to perform again ;) But Axl needs luck if he wants to sell out this one.

I'm going to say this now- bad move AXL on Sacremento- Dumbass. He shouldn't have empty arenas on this tour. He should have stuck with the club model that he appearded to be starting with- Warfield, Hard Rock, etc. Most cities have 3000 - 5000 seat theaters that would be great venues for him to come in and sell out 2 or 3 days in a row.

Last time I checked, Vegas wasn't sold out yet.

I'm going to say this now- bad move AXL on Sacremento- Dumbass. He shouldn't have empty arenas on this tour. He should have stuck with the club model that he appearded to be starting with- Warfield, Hard Rock, etc. Most cities have 3000 - 5000 seat theaters that would be great venues for him to come in and sell out 2 or 3 days in a row.

Couldn't agree more, this sounds fake. I was hoping an east coast swing of small venues, then new album, then large arena tour.

Couldn't agree more, this sounds fake. I was hoping an east coast swing of small venues, then new album, then large arena tour.

Don't Do it AXL. but so what if the arena is half full, they will block off the other half with giant drop curtains and crap. :xmasssanta:

To think he is still going to sell out 20,000 areans is probably pie in the sky thinking on his part.

Yeah, I agree. Oh well, were gonna finally find out how tickets will sell in an Arena venue in the US. This will be interesting.

To think he is still going to sell out 20,000 areans is probably pie in the sky thinking on his part.

Yeah, I agree. Oh well, were gonna finally find out how tickets will sell in an Arena venue in the US. This will be interesting.

This is going to be interesting to watch. But I'm just glad they are touring. I don't care if its clubs or arenas.

What kind of plan is this? Have Live Nation and Ticketmaster put up some shows every few days on their sites. THIS is their promotion for the beginning of a US Tour???

thats how it worked in Europe and they seemed to do OK. few dates at a time and all the sudden we had a euro tour. I do agree tho, it'd be nice to see some promotion.

I don't understand they keep adding dates two by two!!! Doesn't make sense! Sounds like they aren't fully committed to a US tour. If they were confident and totally phyched to do a US TOUR then they would announce it all at once wouldn't that make more sense?

I would like to consider myself a die hard but all this constant checking is rubbing me the wrong way. I would like to know if I need to fly somewhere or are they coming closer!!

Enough Already!

What kind of plan is this? Have Live Nation and Ticketmaster put up some shows every few days on their sites. THIS is their promotion for the beginning of a US Tour???

thats how it worked in Europe and they seemed to do OK. few dates at a time and all the sudden we had a euro tour. I do agree tho, it'd be nice to see some promotion.

Europe is a completely different market. The last tour fell apart here in the USA. It just seems ridiculous that they can't start promoting this in a proper way. I told people about the Vegas shows and they had no idea it was happening. Who would if they didn't check the forums?

I know Sanctuary was having financial difficullties, but is this the way you help escalate the career of one of your main clients? Message boards? Ticket vendors? Not even an updated official website. Garage bands have better promotions on the net.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Axl has the worst P.R. sense I have ever seen in any industry.

Not only Axl... his whole company.

Don't Do it AXL. but so what if the arena is half full, they will block off the other half with giant drop curtains and crap. :xmasssanta:

I dont think Axl could stand to do a show that isnt sold out. I dont think his ego could take it.

Axl has the worst P.R. sense I have ever seen in any industry.

Not only Axl... his whole company.

but yet we all lap up any information we get like dogs. Please Sir may i have another. :shocked:

Europe is a completely different market. The last tour fell apart here in the USA. It just seems ridiculous that they can't start promoting this in a proper way. I told people about the Vegas shows and they had no idea it was happening. Who would if they didn't check the forums?

I know Sanctuary was having financial difficullties, but is this the way you help escalate the career of one of your main clients? Message boards? Ticket vendors? Not even an updated official website. Garage bands have better promotions on the net.

Yea it would be nice to see some real promotion going on. Tickets wont sell until the word is out.