Elvis Presley

Chris Axl

I know this is like the 3rd Elvis thread.

I'm a huge Elvis fan, but it been sometime since I listened to him. But now I've started again and I mean, OH MY GOD, he don't bad song. It's all amazing.

Hes voice, the way he sings, the feeling in hes ballads......

He as just incredible.

Can't belie he died only 42 years old! :( It's a tragedy

The King Of Rock N' Roll.

So what are you guys/girls fav songs from the King?

Mine are.... "Always On My Mind", "If I Can Dream", "In The Ghetto", "Don't Cry Daddy".

For the rockers... "Viva Las Vegas", "Trouble", Moody Blue".

I know it's many but...it's all so amazing!

Edited by Chris Axl

To be honest, I haven't really listened to a lot of Elvis tunes. I am surprised you listen to him, Chris. There is one thing about Elvis that boggles my mind. Sure he was a pioneer of Rock N' Roll but I think people should give credit where credit is due. I feel that people like Chuck Berry and more worthy of the title "King of Rock N' Roll." Presley just sang Black tunes and claimed them as his own. Even Little Richard could be labeled the King of Rock N' Roll. His flamboyance, over the top performances alone can justify it. His ability to play music, good music at that, sets him apart from the others.

RIP.

Edited by swlabr

there honestly is not an elvis song that i dislike. elvises problem was being the first. he was someone i think that, as he went along, was not very self aware and he suffered a lot from that. but then who wants their artists to posterity orientated 100% of the time. but elvis i think, could never have been like the beatles insofar as progressing as an artist and innovating, i just dont see it happening so in an overall sense, he was always kinda gonna be like little richard is now where ya wheel him out for long tall sally and good golly miss molly etc but then i guess most are really. i think he was incredible singer. as far as the totem pole of importance vis-a-vis artists like chuck berry et al, well, music is odd like that, if you really want to start tracing back theres the blues there, artists like Charley Patton, Leadbelly even Hank Williams that all has/had an effect on what rock n roll, everybody has their place, there arent really any out and out inventors/creators of rock n roll, everybody just adds their piece and passes it on. most people seem to judge it by like, who bought it more to the limelight, which stands for a lot too really.

Elvis is a legend, there is no other like him, never has been never will be, and his the king of rock n roll cos of the presence he had on the stage, the way he sang, the way he moved, noone has the same style voice as him or anything and his songs are great.

Edited by Axl-rocks

I know this is like the 3rd Elvis thread.

I'm a huge Elvis fan, but it been sometime since I listened to him. But now I've started again and I mean, OH MY GOD, he don't bad song. It's all amazing.

Hes voice, the way he sings, the feeling in hes ballads......

He as just incredible.

Can't belie he died only 25 years old! :( It's a tragedy

The King Of Rock N' Roll.

So what are you guys/girls fav songs from the King?

Mine are.... "Always On My Mind", "If I Can Dream", "In The Ghetto", "Don't Cry Daddy".

For the rockers... "Viva Las Vegas", "Trouble", Moody Blue".

I know it's many but...it's all so amazing!

People don't realize how badly Elvis scared the hell out of alot of folks back in the 50's...a greasy, ignorant hillbilly, with a voice like that, who dressed outrageously and dripped with overt sexuality. Groundbeaking. And it was 30 years ago last I checked B)

Edited by Doc Lovett

People don't realize how badly Elvis scared the hell out of alot of folks back in the 50's...a greasy, ignorant hillbilly, with a voice like that, who dressed outrageously and dripped with overt sexuality. Groundbeaking. And it was 30 years ago last I checked B)

By many accounts that was his worst offence back then...a white guy singing like a "nigra".

By many accounts that was his worst offence back then...a white guy singing like a "nigra".

i know i shouldn't say this but i find those yokels equal parts scary and hilairious. "this is obviously a way by which the good white youth of america can be dragged down to the level of the N*****" and "animalistic N***** music" animalistic?!?!?!?!?

i know i shouldn't say this but i find those yokels equal parts scary and hilairious. "this is obviously a way by which the good white youth of america can be dragged down to the level of the N*****" and "animalistic N***** music" animalistic?!?!?!?!?

And the kids weren't listening to them,they knew a good thing when they heard it!

Black,white or purple...didn't matter...Elvis lifted them out of their parents' Doris Day hell!

And the kids weren't listening to them,they knew a good thing when they heard it!

Black,white or purple...didn't matter...Elvis lifted them out of their parents' Doris Day hell!

Yes and thank God for him, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis...the first pill poppin', groupie bangin', liquor swillin' Rock N Roll crazies.

Yes and thank God for him, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis...the first pill poppin', groupie bangin', liquor swillin' Rock N Roll crazies.

Jerry Lee is the fuckin man! his album Live At The Star Club is the best live rock n roll album ever.

I love Elvis!!

Elvis and the Beatles was the first music I ever liked, when I was a child.

Hmm many great songs with Elvis

My fav:

That's All Right

Bossa Nova Baby

Viva Las Vegas

Heartbreak Hotel

One Night

Tryin' To Get To You (Live Comeback Special)

Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Live Comeback Special)

Amen to that....bottom line right there.

I absolutely love Elvis - I was brought up listening to Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Eddie Cochrane, Bill Haley.

I loved Elvis - the Daily Mirror used to run an Elvis fan club and I had a badge which was a 7" disc with a crown on top. I remember listening to radio luxembourg and Tony Prince announcing that Elvis was dead (I'm quite old). I was devastated and couldn't stop crying all the next day.