Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

I never thought they'd be able to get it out before September. When it's said it takes six to eight weeks for a release, that's an incredible rush job, they won't do that for GN'R. They have to schedule marketing campaigns, video shoots, figure the release into their big corporate picture, assign a product manager, PR, marketing, etc.... At this point if the CD hasn't been handed in, they've almost certainly missed the June scheduling window. They won't issue a big release in July or August, so the soonest anyone can hope for is now September.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMV dates really aren't reliable - they're always changing. They don't get their info from the record company.

Actually as an HMV employee i can tell you we get all of our dates from record company representatives.......

we get these things called new release bulletins that tell us about new releases months in advance and theyre compiled using information straight from the labels, which in turn gets filtered down to our product office

in conclusion universal doesnt know when the album is coming out so theyre telling us a different date every week its got nothing to do with us

"HMV" should be added to this websites swear filter.

heh, they are always wrong. So that is consistant I guess.

Always wrong when it comes to chinese democracy please understand there is more than 1 cd in the music world

knowing when chinese democracy will come is like knowing when the apocalypse will occur

I never thought they'd be able to get it out before September. When it's said it takes six to eight weeks for a release, that's an incredible rush job, they won't do that for GN'R. They have to schedule marketing campaigns, video shoots, figure the release into their big corporate picture, assign a product manager, PR, marketing, etc....

Probably already doing all that when recording was going on.

I never thought they'd be able to get it out before September. When it's said it takes six to eight weeks for a release, that's an incredible rush job, they won't do that for GN'R. They have to schedule marketing campaigns, video shoots, figure the release into their big corporate picture, assign a product manager, PR, marketing, etc....

Probably already doing all that when recording was going on.

Nope, definately not. The label is refusing to make any plans whatsoever including scheduling, video treatments, marketing plans, the works -- anything that requires time or money -- until they physically have the masters. (And that's not to say the date isn't appearing on internal memos if they're feeling confident enough, but that would be about it).

ya something needs to be delivered to universal before they will even touch promotion at all. Assuming they are mixing it right now, and get the first song they want as a single mixed, on disc and to the company for distrubtuion and universal is like well i think he is serious this time, they send out the single to radio and prepare the promo for it, at that point they have 8 weeks or so to have the album all ready to go, so its basically when the single hits or leaks , and its officially the single , you can expect the album in a month or 2 from that date. Thats my view, i get release books from universal through my work in promotions in radio, so when it is just about due out, i will let you know the track listing and cover work for it.

from blabbermouth.net

GUNS N' ROSES: 'Chinese Democracy' To Arrive In September? - Feb. 26, 2007

The web site of HMV, the leading music retailer in the United Kingdom, is listing the release date for the eternally delayed new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", as September 17. No official release date has yet been announced for the CD.

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES associate Del James has revealed in a new online posting that "Chinese Democracy" is currently in the "mixing" stage.

"Chinese Democracy" is the first GUNS N' ROSES album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident". In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides singer Axl Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

GUNS N' ROSES will headline South Africa's My Coke Festival in Johannesburg on April 27 and Cape Town on May 1. The band will also perform in Japan, Thailand, South Africa, South America, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.

GUNS N' ROSES did complete its first successful North American road trip in over a decade last year, along with a European trek.

( 108 )

God, please no, not this shit again... May we say good bye 2007, bring on the 2008 lies Axl?

dude, a little optimism wouldent kill you

No, my realism is enough for me.

your realism is wrong

No.

My optimism was wrong in 2006 when I was buzzing about the "release of Chinese Democracy" (these 4 words alone make me :rofl-lol: ) and telling everyone I know and writing it down everywhere I was and stupid fucked up shit like this.

My realism (which came back around early fall 06) never got me wrong.

Now, please tell your story! :)

:rofl-lol:

Edited by Spoon87

its funny

Cus people like you spoon is gonne go like this when Chi Dem is released: "yeah, I allways knew it was coming, never doubted"

´

Once again, no.

I won't ever say that, because, simple as that, I've doubted the release many many times before, I won't lie about it.

I'll be happy as fuck if it's released somewhen, sure, but I'll never say the shit you want me to say.