Best album of the early 90's

vulgar

Vote Dammit!  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh man, this one was tough!

I was gonna vote for Vulgar Display, but then I realized the poll was for "Best Album" not "Personal Taste" .

Anyways I voted for Nirvana's Nevermind CD. This is the album that truly defined Nirvana and made them famous. Hell, it even changed rock music.

you do realize pantera did alot to change rock as well? it wasn't just nirvana.

I'd say they did a lot more for metal than they did for rock music.

nirvana did a lot more for punk then they did for rock or alternative.

I'd say Green Day influenced more bands in the current pop punk scene than Nirvana.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna vote for Vulgar Display, but then I realized the poll was for "Best Album" not "Personal Taste" .

Anyways I voted for Nirvana's Nevermind CD. This is the album that truly defined Nirvana and made them famous. Hell, it even changed rock music.

I'd say Green Day influenced more bands in the current pop punk scene than Nirvana.

i'll take nirvana as the main influence.

i'll take nirvana as the main influence.D

Why? Just give me a good reason why you think so. Have you heard any of Green Day's older stuff, like Dookie or Kerplunk?

i'll take nirvana as the main influence.D

Why? Just give me a good reason why you think so. Have you heard any of Green Day's older stuff, like Dookie or Kerplunk?

yeah and i didn't like it. listen to the whole nevermind album and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

yeah and i didn't like it. listen to the whole nevermind album and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

Trust me, I've listened to Nevermind a couple of times. ;) There's more resemblences in Dookie and pop punk than Nevermind and pop punk. It is like saying 80s punk was more influenced by London Calling than by Never Mind the Bollocks.

Trust me, I've listened to Nevermind a couple of times. ;) There's more resemblences in Dookie and pop punk than Nevermind and pop punk. It is like saying 80s punk was more influenced by London Calling than by Never Mind the Bollocks.

maybe green day is more influential in punk then nirvana. but the point is that there was far more punk bands influenced from nirvana then there was alternative or rock bands.

btw yes pantera did do a lot for metal. but they did a lot for rock as well. of course todays rock scene sucks so who cares. :lol:

maybe green day is more influential in punk then nirvana. but the point is that there was far more punk bands influenced from nirvana then there was alternative or rock bands.

btw yes pantera did do a lot for metal. but they did a lot for rock as well. of course todays rock scene sucks so who cares. :lol:

Gimme some examples.

And in what way did Pantera influence rock music?

Gimme some examples.

And in what way did Pantera influence rock music?

almost every mid to late 90's punk band was nirvana influenced. of course i haven't listened to a lot of those bands in ages so i could be just fooling myself.

Listen to some of todays so called 'rock' artists and you'll hear what i'm talking about.

I do, and I can't see much resemblance between for example White Stripes and Nirvana.

i wasn't talking about nirvana. i was answering the question you asked me about pantera.

I can't really see any influence by Pantera in The White Stripes either.

i'm not talking about white stripes. i'm talking about a lot of the underground acts.

btw nu-gnr is pantera influenced

I do, and I can't see much resemblance between for example White Stripes and Nirvana.

i wasn't talking about nirvana. i was answering the question you asked me about pantera.

i'm not talking about white stripes. i'm talking about a lot of the underground acts.

Oh, the underground. Yeah, I can agree with that.

I don't see much resemblances between Pantera and new GN'R, but I think it's silly to say that Pantera was a bigger influence for current rock bands than for current metal bands.

where do you see that? :question:

where do you see that? :question:

i meant they picked up influence from dimebag. a lot of todays rock and metal acts take something from dime.

btw lithium i never said that pantera did more for rock than they did for metal.

Edited by awesome 80's