Best album of the early 90's

vulgar

Vote Dammit!  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for The Black album, between those is the one that i still listen all the time.. :)

I think that's the essential 90's record, and until this day keeps selling thousands of copies world wide.

I would like to add R.E.M Out of Time and U.2's Achtung Baby both are brilliant!

There's nothing essential about the Black Album, it's just commercial metal. :huh:

there is no such a thing as commercial metal. the record sold so did sgt. peppers, never mind the bollocks and so on. that has nothing to do with music. many people like the Black Album so it in fact is essential for many people. you can't argue facts.

the best album of the early 90's is for me Definetly Maybe.

My point was that in order to be 'essential', an album need to have something special and unique about it, and highly commercial music rarely do.

yeah but whether anything is special and unique or not is a matter of opinion. it's not like musicologists found out that the Black Album is not special or something. you state your opinion like it was a scientific fact.

yeah but whether anything is special and unique or not is a matter of opinion. it's not like musicologists found out that the Black Album is not special or something. you state your opinion like it was a scientific fact.

In that case, I think she used the wrong words. If you use the word 'essential', in a neutral way, about a piece of music, I think the album has to be special or unique, and the Black Album is neither.

Nevermind, the other albums can't hold a candle to it.

Vuglar Display Of Power, shits all over it, in my opinion. But again, this poll is all based on opinion.

It's my favorite Pantera album, but it still doesn't have the innovation, energy and perfect production of Nevermind.

In that case, I think she used the wrong words. If you use the word 'essential', in a neutral way, about a piece of music, I think the album has to be special or unique, and the Black Album is neither.

only in your opinion.

how can Skid Row have so many votes?

Because you're on a forum for an '80s hard rock band.

It's sad, because I always liked GN'R due to the fact that it seemed to be the complete opposite of horrible bands like Skid Row, but apparently some people just like Appetite because it rocks hard - and that's it. Unfortunate, really.

It's sad, because I always liked GN'R due to the fact that it seemed to be the complete opposite of horrible bands like Skid Row, but apparently some people just like Appetite because it rocks hard - and that's it. Unfortunate, really.

huh? :question:

and why would that be unfortunate?

isn't that what ACDC has done for their whole career...just rock

Out of those (blegh), Nevermind or The Black Album...

I'd rather spin Screamadelica, Violator, Achtung Baby, Blue Lines, Pulpintro, Modern Life is Rubbish, Suede or Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches.

Edited by In Utero

isn't that what ACDC has done for their whole career...just rock

exactly!

Because you're on a forum for an '80s hard rock band.

So.....you like Appetite because you don't think it rocks...? :confused:

Edited by Chris Axl