More Led Zeppelin reunion rumours

drops_of_jupiter

From British newspaper, The Telegraph:

The legendary rock band Led Zeppelin are planning to play a huge comeback concert at the O2 arena, the concert hall housed in the former Millennium Dome.

According to reports the supergroup, who disbanded 27 years ago, are in talks with the owners of the 20,000 capacity venue to stage a spectacular one off show at the end of the year.

Speculation has been rife that the three surviving band members, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones had been planning to perform their greatest hits at a memorial concert for the late Island Record boss Ahmet Ertegun.

Now it looks like they have chosen the venue.

No official confirmation has been given but sources have confirmed they are in talks with the owners of the venue in Greenwich, south east London.

A source said: "The talks are ongoing but it looks like a definite possibility. Nothing has been finalised but fingers crossed the most anticipated comeback concerts ever could become a reality."

Story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...zeppelin131.xml

God....Imagine how much those tickets would go for on ebay! It was in The Telegraph and that's quite a credible newspaper. I hope this happens!

I very much doubt this will ever happen. And as someone else touched on I think it will taint the legacy, I mean look at the rolling stones, they really are a shadow of their former selves, that's what makes the Led so fantastic, they lived and died in their prime.

Oh and *edit* heres a ver interesting article, basically summing up that Led Zeppelin are the greatest of all time.

Supergroup

Edited by Opax

All this, "This group and that group shouldn't tour. It would spoil their legacy." It drives me nuts! Why is it such a big deal? It's only rock n' roll. Do it! Tour! Let people get out and have fun! That's what rock n' roll and life is about. Let the older folks bask in nostalgia and let the youngsters get a taste of what it was once like. I think everyone will forgive them for being older. They can't help that. I certainly forgave Robert Plant for being older when I saw him in the front row a few years ago.

If Led Zeppelin did this one-off in Britain, if I could even conceivably get a hold of tickets, I would seriously give thought to taking a trip across the pond to see it.

I wish I could have seen my favourite bands while they were at their best, but since I can't change my birthdaydate (have even been told by my parents I seem to be born in the wrong decade), I'm so happy when some of them still play. If this happened, I would do anything to get tickets.