Van Halen TOUR reports

Zint

rock3 VAN FUCKING HALEN ROCKED DETROIT LAST NIGHT and I am one HAPPY girl this morning. Last night was pure Dave & Eddie Bliss. They were over the top in true Van Halen style!!!! Omg, I wish I could go again Monday. I have to agree with Deeds.... there is definitely something special on that stage with Eddie & Wolfie together. I'm tired and my voice is so hoarse I can hardly talk, but I'm cloud nine :wub: Worth every penny and more!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock3 VAN FUCKING HALEN ROCKED DETROIT LAST NIGHT and I am one HAPPY girl this morning. Last night was pure Dave & Eddie Bliss. They were over the top in true Van Halen style!!!! Omg, I wish I could go again Monday. I have to agree with Deeds.... there is definitely something special on that stage with Eddie & Wolfie together. I'm tired and my voice is so hoarse I can hardly talk, but I'm cloud nine :wub: Worth every penny and more!

Glad to hear you had a good time :) What was the setlist? How were Wolfie and Eddie? Damn I want them to tour the UK, that would rock rock3

Glad to hear you had a good time :) What was the setlist? How were Wolfie and Eddie? Damn I want them to tour the UK, that would rock rock3

Thanks, it was the BEST! All those great VH classics... Running With the Devil, Dance the Night Away, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, The Cradle Will Rock, I'll Wait, Somebody Get Me a Doctor and a ton more! Ed & Wolfie rocked... nothing like seeing father & son VanHalen's together on the same stage. I would NOT have missed it.

You never know... it's possible! It's supposed to be a WORLD tour. I wouldn't think it would just be U.S. & Canada.

Cool pics :)

Thanks! Here's the full set list...

01. You Really Got Me (from Van Halen, 1978)

02. I'm the One (from Van Halen, 1978)

03. Runnin' With the Devil (from Van Halen, 1978)

04. Romeo Delight (from Women and Children First, 1980)

05. Somebody Get Me a Doctor (from Van Halen II, 1979)

06. Beautiful Girls (from Van Halen II, 1979)

07. Dance the Night Away (from Van Halen II, 1979)

08. Atomic Punk (from Van Halen, 1978)

09. Everybody Wants Some (from Women and Children First, 1980)

10. So This Is Love? (from Fair Warning, 1981)

11. Mean Street (from Fair Warning, 1981)

12. Pretty Woman (from Diver Down, 1982)

13. Drum Solo

14. Unchained (from Fair Warning, 1981)

15. I'll Wait (from 1984, 1984)

16. And the Cradle Will Rock (from Women and Children First, 1980)

17. Hot for Teacher (from 1984, 1984)

18. Little Dreamer (from Van Halen, 1978)

19. Little Guitars (from Diver Down, 1982)

20. Jamie's Cryin' (from Van Halen, 1978)

21. Ice Cream Man (from Van Halen, 1978)

22. Panama (from 1984, 1984)

23. Guitar Solo (incl. "Women in Love" intro, "Cathedral", "Eruption")

24. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love (from Van Halen, 1978)

Encore

25. 1984 (from 1984, 1984)

26. Jump (from 1984, 1984)

I'm in no way complaining, but I was under the impression they were playing the whole first album, possibly minus "On Fire." It would be WAY COOL to hear "Feel Your Love Tonight!" That's such a great song. I'd also like to hear the whole "Women in Love," not just the intro... hell, I'd like to hear a whole bunch of other songs, but I'm just so grateful this tour is happening at all!!!

I can only imagine a 7th Dave Halen album..... oh my God....

I'm in no way complaining, but I was under the impression they were playing the whole first album, possibly minus "On Fire." It would be WAY COOL to hear "Feel Your Love Tonight!" That's such a great song. I'd also like to hear the whole "Women in Love," not just the intro... hell, I'd like to hear a whole bunch of other songs, but I'm just so grateful this tour is happening at all!!!

I can only imagine a 7th Dave Halen album..... oh my God....

Well that is their plan right, a new album?? God that would be great :D

Edited by NO.1GNRFAN

I was at that show and didn't even notice because I was rocking out real hard. Nobody else was bitching, either. The bitching only happens once these things hit youtube and the loser "expert" nerds come out to try to shit on people's parades.

Yeah, it's all about the atmosphere, rock was never about being fucking perfect.