Van Halen TOUR reports

Zint

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST SCORED EIGHTH ROW FOR THE CHARLOTTE SHOW..... the FIRST SHOW with Diamond David Lee Roth in 23 years! I'm also right by the catwalk! Dave and Ed are going to be sweating on me! FUCK ME I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

NICE!!

congrats!!

fuck man...I hope you are going to give us a full report!!

EIGHTH ROW....god damn!! B)

!!

EIGHTH ROW....god damn!! B)

The best part is I only paid face value for them, off of Ticketmaster, no less. There are others sitting BEHIND me that paid three times as much, either through Ticketmaster auctions or through the ILoveAllAccess VIP package.

I feel so lucky. It's going to be twice as good looking at all the suckers all around me who wasted their money. I know that sounds wrong, but it's just how I feel.

Guy behind me: "I'm so lucky, dude! The auction was fierce! But I snagged these babies for only $300 each! Others paid $500!"

Me: "Oh yeah, well, I just went on Ticketmaster one day to try and see what kind of ticket it would pull up, if one at all, and I got these tickets for a third of what you paid. Funny, eh?"

*Guy punches me in the face, leaving the best-feeling black eye I've ever had. Dave begins to jack off his Jack Daniels on the chick next to me.*

auction.jpg

There's the Ticketmaster Premium Seat Auction. Notice how all of those guys have seats BEHIND me. And they also paid an average of $400ish for each ticket. I have better seats than all of them.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

Oh, yes, yes, I'll be more than happy to give a full report. That's one of the best parts. I don't like to gloat, but... oh fuck it, I can't lie, I love to gloat! I've been on cloud nine all day since getting these tickets. I'm sure the day after the show I'm still going to be glowing... in fact I'm pretty sure I'll be glowing for AT LEAST a month afterwards.

crap... rock 'n' roll history, feet away. *Dies happily*

Gn'R will probably always be my favorite band, but classic Van Halen is so so so so close to them. I feel fairly certain that I'll never see a reunited Gn'R (or at least not before Slash has lost all his hair). So this is pretty much my dream. Granted, Dave lost most of his hair, but I couldn't really care less right now. I don't own a time machine.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, if anybody here wants to go to the Charlotte show, I now have two extra tickets I need to get rid of. Face value or less. I'm willing to haggle a little. I don't want to lose ALL my money from them though. PM if interested (I need to go clear my PM box).

Edited by DirtyDeeds

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST SCORED EIGHTH ROW FOR THE CHARLOTTE SHOW..... the FIRST SHOW with Diamond David Lee Roth in 23 years! I'm also right by the catwalk! Dave and Ed are going to be sweating on me! FUCK ME I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

Fuck, I wish I was that close! Very back of the ACC :no: But after the first Toronto show sold out in like 5 mins, I took the first thing to come up for the 12th.

Scott Ian of Anthrax wrote this in his Myspace blog:

I went to see Van Halen rehearse last night. They were fucking amazing (ear-boners).

Seriously, the hair on my arms was standing up. Dave sang great, Eddie was shredding, Alex is a fucking monster and Wolf was perfect. Great on bass and hit every high note. The set list was 2 1/2 hours of the best shit. I'm The One, Atomic Punk, Romeo Delight, Somebody Get Me A Doctor, Mean Street, Unchained and so many more. Do whatever you gotta do to get tix to see this. FINALLY!!!!! A real full blown arena rock act!!!!! It's like listening to the soundtrack of America since 1978. THE KINGS ARE BACK!!!!!!!

You CANNOT miss these rehearsal pictures!!!! I can't paste them here because they are copyrighted, but you can look at them on this site. I seriously just blew several loads looking at these photos! You can feel the energy through these pics! They look like they are having such a damn good time! I don't even need to know how they sound to know this will be a superhuman show. They actually loook fucking BETTER than "back in the day"!!!!

http://jfindley.smugmug.com/gallery/3479184#P-1-15

The guy who took the photos had this to say..

" ALL the guys sounded... and performed to anyone's highest expectations. Classic Van Halen has always been my favorite band... waiting for this tour has been a long wait... but I believe that everyone that will experience what we did that night... will walk away... with the biggest smile on their face. It WAS simply incredible. Soon... you will hear lyrics and sounds... that will bring back special memories... and probably get you begging for more. There is no room for complainers or those that have negative attitudes. Be thankful in life... celebrate the opportunities that we have... live music like this doesn't come around too often... take advantage of it! From my experience... you will be pleasantley surprised with content. My thanks goes to all the great emails and comments from everyone. Yes... we are excited... and we should be... Classic VH is right around the corner. Yes... Michael Anthony is and will be missed. But I can also verify, that Wolf will put a smile on your face as well. As the song says... "THE CRADLE WILL ROCK!" Thanks again everyone... for your kind compliments... I sincerely appreciate them and you"

I really feel like any rock fan that has the opportunity to see Van Halen this year and does not take the opportunity is going to regret doing so.

Just look at those pictures!!! I can friggen HEAR the band sounding awesome through the pics!! The energy just oozes through your screen!

I'm as giddy as a friggen school girl.