Van Halen TOUR reports

Zint

Another review surfaces:

PUDDLE OF MUDD's Wes Scantlin was among the 500 or so friends, fans and celebrities who attended the final VAN HALEN tour rehearsal on Sunday night (September 16) in Los Angeles. OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Zakk Wylde reportedly tried to climb onstage two songs into the band's performance, but was rebuffed by singer David Lee Roth, who said, "Nah, nah, nah. Are you in show biz? Then get off the stage. Get off the fucking stage.' The object of Wylde's quest, guitarist Eddie Van Halen, came over and spoke to Wylde, who then staggered back down.

Wes Scantlin gave The Pulse of Radio his own personal report on the night's events: "The VAN HALEN experience was incredible. I felt like I was all like a 12 or 13-year-old kid again, watching them for the first time. They all looked really, really good, man, and they were all playing really, really well. I don't know how Eddie does half that stuff on the guitar. David Lee Roth was, you know, he was being Dave, man, and it was really, really cool. If you wanted to see VAN HALEN with David Lee Roth again, man, this is your chance. They were rocking it hardcore."

Also attending the final VAN HALEN tour rehearsal Sunday night were METALLICA axeman Kirk Hammett and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello, among others.

................................................................................

Everyone seems to want a piece of this.

The buzz is massive!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another rehearsal review from G4tv..

Okay rockers, last night I got that chance to attend a private friends and family only dress rehearsal of the mighty Van Halen with David Lee Roth. The 2 ½ long mega-show was at the Los Angeles Forum to a small crowd of about 300-500 lucky people. They played all the hits and then some, including “Panama,” “Jump,” “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love,” “Running’ With The Devil,” “Unchained” and many more. Returning frontman Diamond Dave was in top form vocally, physically and showmanship-wise, as were brothers Eddie and Alex. Even lil’ Wolfgang shined on bass and backing vocals, and made his beaming dad visibly proud.The best part was watching V.I.P. audience members like Tom Morello and his Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave bandmates, Zakk Wylde, various Foo Fighters, and guitar heroes fro the likes of Ratt and Dokken giggle and dance like dizzy, swooning schoolgirls as their heroes bounced and bounded across the S-shaped stage and ran through a set so kick-ass we had to collect our cheeks at the door after the show. Kinda funny to see A-list guitarists air-guitaring along with Eddie like they were kids again.

I'd love to see footage of that! :lol:

vanhalensaluteaf2.jpg

Edited by zint61

And another rehearsal review from G4tv..

Okay rockers, last night I got that chance to attend a private friends and family only dress rehearsal of the mighty Van Halen with David Lee Roth. The 2 ½ long mega-show was at the Los Angeles Forum to a small crowd of about 300-500 lucky people. They played all the hits and then some, including “Panama,” “Jump,” “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love,” “Running’ With The Devil,” “Unchained” and many more. Returning frontman Diamond Dave was in top form vocally, physically and showmanship-wise, as were brothers Eddie and Alex. Even lil’ Wolfgang shined on bass and backing vocals, and made his beaming dad visibly proud.The best part was watching V.I.P. audience members like Tom Morello and his Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave bandmates, Zakk Wylde, various Foo Fighters, and guitar heroes fro the likes of Ratt and Dokken giggle and dance like dizzy, swooning schoolgirls as their heroes bounced and bounded across the S-shaped stage and ran through a set so kick-ass we had to collect our cheeks at the door after the show. Kinda funny to see A-list guitarists air-guitaring along with Eddie like they were kids again.

I'd love to see footage of that! :lol:

So would I.

I'm imagining Zakk Wylde, Tom Morello, George Lynch, etc. all bowing on the ground before Eddie going, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Kind of interesting, though. George Lynch back in the day was one of Eddie's top rivals. Of course, Eddie got in the better band, so he got all the attention, but I totally dig Lynch, too. Just interesting hearing about him like this.

I'm imagining Zakk Wylde, Tom Morello, George Lynch, etc. all bowing on the ground before Eddie going, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Kind of interesting, though. George Lynch back in the day was one of Eddie's top rivals. Of course, Eddie got in the better band, so he got all the attention, but I totally dig Lynch, too. Just interesting hearing about him like this.

I read something awhile ago, George Lynch was in a band that Van Halen(Mammoth) opened for in 1975-76. George saw Eddie in action and said "I need to practice more".

Lynch is great too. I had a friend who went to LA in 1986 to pursue his 'dream' of being a guitar player(it didn't pan out). He went to some music school and Lynch was one of the occasional instructors. Kirk Hammet was around as well. These guys are musicians 1st, Rock stars 2nd.

Wow...some of the Van Halen forums are on fire!

Text messages are coming in and apparantly the concert is just fucking blazing.

The audience is going apeshit.

And Wolfie has proven himself to be a damn good player....even getting some high fives out on the ego ramp!

...can't wait to hear from Deeds!!