Van Halen's Roth Reunion biggest rock disappointment?

DirtyDeeds

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I am super grateful to have these videos, and as much as I'll watch them over and over, they do ZERO justice for that show!

I can't even explain it... you just have to go to "get it" !!!!!!!

These videos look lame compared to the real show, they really do!

Yeah but they're blowing OUR minds!

Leave us alone man! :tongue2:

OH YEAH!!!! ROUND TWO TONIGHT, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! This time I got upper deck, but that's ok... it'll give it a new perspective... and last time I didn't get to see the stage effects too much... I'll see the full production this time around...

Not to mention opening night jitters will be over for the band.

They are getting rave reviews from fans AND the media!

Wolfie now knows what it's like to play for a crowd...and they gave him quite a warm welcome.

You just might actually see a better show tonight!

Either way man...have a great time!!

how was backing vocals handled? was it wolfie, or MA over the PA?

Either, it sounds like one hell of a show. And sounds fucking KILLER in those vids. Im still trying to get tickets... Are they sold out in Nj and NY? Cuz on ticketmaster it doesnt say they are, but I can never find tickets anyway.

Fuck... I really want to see em!

I absolutely love Van Halen, they're one of my favourite bands but i'm so jealous of you DD because i can't see them coming to the U.K :(

EDIT: After seeing the videos on youtube and getting shivers down my spine i'm even more jealous, the band sound like they did 25 years ago still fucking amazing, i just hope they come to the U.K and if they do i will give an arm and a leg for a ticket, literally. I've just seen the press coference they gave and it was brilliant because there's an album coming and they sound like they're a band again and the big plus is that after America its to Europe and i cannot fucking wait.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

Second show was fantastic as well!

Dave messed up in "I'll Wait." He started singing the chorus, I think but he was supposed to sing the verse... or maybe vice-versa... anyway, so it sounded off for one beat, but then everybody, Eddie, Alex, even Wolfie... AND EVEN THE KEYBOARDS (which tells me that there's a guy playing them live backstage which is cool) covered for him. These guys are tight.

Energy was maybe SLIGHTLY higher at Charlotte, but then again, I was up in the rafters for this show. I noticed when i was down in front, I was focused mainly on Dave... I could see all his poses and facial expressions, and up in the upper deck I lost some of that, and this second show, my focus was on Eddie. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

The stage looked AWESOME from high up... I got the whole arena effect for sure this time. I didn't see ANY special lighting or anything from down low, so it was almost like a whole new show this time. The show really was just as good from a high-up seat as it was from a close seat, but in completely different ways... No matter where you sit, you'll have a FANTASTIC time. Everyone at these two shows did!

Oh, and the shirts say "Van Halen WORLD TOUR." Hopefully that means for all you non-USA and non-Canadian fans that you'll get to see them, too. I hope they didn't put that thinking a couple dates in Toronto qualified the tour as a world tour... A North American Tour? Sure, I'll go with that.... a World Tour? No, not at all.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

Dave messed up in "I'll Wait." He started singing the chorus, I think but he was supposed to sing the verse... or maybe vice-versa... anyway, so it sounded off for one beat, but then everybody, Eddie, Alex, even Wolfie... AND EVEN THE KEYBOARDS (which tells me that there's a guy playing them live backstage which is cool) covered for him. These guys are tight.

Energy was maybe SLIGHTLY higher at Charlotte, but then again, I was up in the rafters for this show. I noticed when i was down in front, I was focused mainly on Dave... I could see all his poses and facial expressions, and up in the upper deck I lost some of that, and this second show, my focus was on Eddie. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

The stage looked AWESOME from high up... I got the whole arena effect for sure this time. I didn't see ANY special lighting or anything from down low, so it was almost like a whole new show this time. The show really was just as good from a high-up seat as it was from a close seat, but in completely different ways... No matter where you sit, you'll have a FANTASTIC time. Everyone at these two shows did!

Oh, and the shirts say "Van Halen WORLD TOUR." Hopefully that means for all you non-USA and non-Canadian fans that you'll get to see them, too. I hope they didn't put that thinking a couple dates in Toronto qualified the tour as a world tour... A North American Tour? Sure, I'll go with that.... a World Tour? No, not at all.

See, Eddie and the boys got wise. They realized their squabbling over the years was childish. They were willing to put their differences behind them, abandon grudges and egos and just play for the fans - and for themselves. Life is too short to be so unforgiving. That's the saddest thing about GN'R. The fact that Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt can't put their egos in check is a sign that, no, they haven't matured as much as some would have you believe. Maybe Axl has matured in some ways, even emotionally, but he's obviously not there completely.

I mean, only in rock n' roll would you have decade-long rifts involving guys with names like Axl and Slash. It's sad that they haven't reached a point - as most people in a "real" world would - of putting everything behind them and moving on. Dave and Eddie did it, I'm sure Axl and Slash can eventually.

See, Eddie and the boys got wise. They realized their squabbling over the years was childish. They were willing to put their differences behind them, abandon grudges and egos and just play for the fans - and for themselves. Life is too short to be so unforgiving. That's the saddest thing about GN'R. The fact that Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt can't put their egos in check is a sign that, no, they haven't matured as much as some would have you believe. Maybe Axl has matured in some ways, even emotionally, but he's obviously not there completely.

I mean, only in rock n' roll would you have decade-long rifts involving guys with names like Axl and Slash. It's sad that they haven't reached a point - as most people in a "real" world would - of putting everything behind them and moving on. Dave and Eddie did it, I'm sure Axl and Slash can eventually.

I agree and we could only HOPE!!!

If at all possible, and I know it's probably not, but if it is... I suggest seeing this show twice.... once down close to the stage (a feat in itself) and once in the upper deck... it really is like two different shows. Arena shows... not shows played in arenas (though these are rare, too) are pretty much extinct. If you want to be transported back to the early-mid 80's for a night, see them in the upper deck. You do kind of miss out on that aspect when you're down close. I got upper deck on Eddie's side the second night... the only bad thing was that there was the big PA speakers hanging down and it covered up the middle of the video screen. But other than that, it was friggen sweet up in the rafters, too.

I'm seriously thinking about trying to get to the Washington, D.C. show now, too. These were the best two rock shows I've ever been to. I'm never going to see anything like it ever again. I really really really really really really want to see more VH shows.... the anticipation... knowing you're going to see a great show, having tickets and looking forward to it is almost worth it alone. Washington, D.C. is about 7 hours away for me, but it would be more than worth it. It's sold out right now, but I'm sure they'll do a ticket drop in the next couple weeks.

Yeah, I did upper balcony and orchestra seating for my two GNR shows. It's definitely worth experiencing bands from both points of view because it gives a unique perspective to the shows.

Washington, D.C. is about 7 hours away for me, but it would be more than worth it. It's sold out right now, but I'm sure they'll do a ticket drop in the next couple weeks.

Pfft, I have to drive minimum two hours, or six hours if I want to make a band's LA shows here. You should definitely go. :tongue2: