Seize the Day (song)

sucker punch

" Many fans have noted that this song is similar to the Guns N' Roses song "Don't Cry" due to the epic guitar solo, vocal texture, harmonic progressions, and rhythm. The video itself also happens to be very similar to Guns N Roses' video "November Rain".

Here is the song: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqxl57PeL8

What do ya think?

I guess I just don't like Avenged Sevenfold..

Don't Cry absolutely owns Seize The Day in every aspect.

Axl's voice is far more powerful, Don't Cry has a nice build-up throughout the song (Seize the Day sounds really monotone and boring, the only thing that sounds okay is the solo).

Anyway, after seeing that video I'm dying to hear Don't Cry again :rofl-lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I don't hear any more simularities with Don't Cry more then that they are both soft songs. :mellow:

Fucking hell, I just listened to Don't Cry again.. it's just absolutely wonderful.

Seize The Day doesn't even come close.

Nope. It doesn't.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I think M Shadows said somewhere that "this was our tribute to November Rain" because Guns N' Roses are probably their biggest influence.

Cool. That song got me interested in the band. Shame they didn't warm up for GN'R when they were here in Norway :/

You should be glad they didn't. They sucked in Sweden.

I think M Shadows said somewhere that "this was our tribute to November Rain" because Guns N' Roses are probably their biggest influence.

Cool. That song got me interested in the band. Shame they didn't warm up for GN'R when they were here in Norway :/

well we got Bullet for My Asshole.....thats the worst band I've ever seen.

And I've seen Wig Wam... :rofl-lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

We got BFMV too. Don't remember which of them I thought sucked the most, but they both did.

What is Wig Wam btw? Sounds like a hair metal-band on the name. Thought you liked those ;)

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

We got BFMV too. Don't remember which of them I thought sucked the most, but they both did.

What is Wig Wam btw? Sounds like a hair metal-band on the name. Thought you liked those ;)

It's a Norwegian wannabe hair metal band. They won melody grand prix here in Norway I think.

God they suck so bad....

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's a Norwegian wannabe hair metal band. They won melody grand prix here in Norway I think.

God they suck so bad....

So it was Hair Metal? :lol: Fucking terrible that you can tell if it's a Hair Metalband only by looking at the name. :P

God they suck so bad....

So it was Hair Metal? :lol: Fucking terrible that you can tell if it's a Hair Metalband only by looking at the name. :P

They are not hair metal. They are as much hair metal as Tokio Hotel is black metal

i think it sounds like guns in terms of the arrangement. The pace change in the solo is much like civil war, and the vocals after the solo are very axl-esque in terms of style (the whoah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh), and the drums had the big sorum esque drum fills (think november rain, kohd, live and let die). i think its pretty much straight from the book of "how to write a ballad gn'r style".