Rock Stars/Musicians

F*ck Fear

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Yarrow of Peter Paul & Mary

Kid Rock

Saw Slash at Disneyland right after London was born, but I didn't realize who he was at the time

Could have met Ozzy Osbourne, but I couldn't get tickets to the Cubs game he sang at

Mostly I've bet baseball players: Fergie Jenkins, Ernie Banks, and Carlton Fisk to name some of em

I recently met Brandon Boyd from Incubus. Shook his hand, got my ticket signed, was nice. :)

He's been one of my favourite celebrities for a few years now, I can't describe how pleased I was to actually meet someone I admire. I honestly had no idea what to say to him, so I let my friends do the talking :lol:

I'm sure if it had been Axl, Slash, Nikki Sixx or any of my other idols I'd have been a lot more "star struck".

Today I met the guitarist from The Guess Who while I worked a booth at a Blues and Jazz festival. He said my job (Mad Science... we do cool science experiements for kids) was much cooler than his, that "this is forever, the rock 'n' roll life dies."

Randy Bachman?

I can't remember his name, but he said he replaced Randy Bachman when he opted to go out with Bachman-Turner Overdrive instead of The Guess Who. So he wasn't original, but it was still cool. He said he was the only guy in the band that wasn't original at that point.

Just when he was telling me how I had a better, more rewarding job, and had me somewhat buying what he was saying, he added, "But I did play in front of 90,000 people in Toronto," which completely made him lose all credibility, haha.

Where did you guys meet all them? I've never actually met them. I only got owned by the singer of Hammerfall, because he asked me if I was a fan of the opening act, cause my "ear peace" thing to prevent from ear damge, almost fell out and I stopped headbanging. :rofl-lol:

And I asked the gutiarist of German Power Metal band Freedom Call if he could give me his guitar pick.

And I touched some guys from Freedom Call, the bassist of Saxon and had a Shake Hand with the singer Of Pink Cream 69.

But really met, I haven't anyone. At least not musicians. Though I met some athlets, like former 800m world champion Andre Bucher, former 1500 Meter, I think, world champion Carla Sacramento, former 100 meter runner Obadele Thompson, or former NHL player Ville Peltonen (whom I shook hands with). Oh and footballer Santos who used to play for 1. FC Kaiserslautern.

I should wait in front of the tour bus when I go to concerts. Maybe I would get to meet some guys.

johnny thunders

:shocked:

Details please.

Ok! it was in I think 1984, no i'm positive. I was flying from heathrow to dublin and the flight was pretty empty. He was sitting at a window seat, (the band were scattered around the plane, it was really empty) and i was a couple of empty seats

away from him. He asked why was I going to dublin and i was telling him, he got me a drink, he was really cool. Then some of his entourage came over and they were chatting. We all got off the plane at the same time and while we were walking out he turned and waved goodbye at me. My cousin who was meeting me off the plane couldn't believe it, his jaw dropped to the floor when he saw johnny ( or as i like to say - my mate johnny). god bless him and rip johnny thunders.

Shit thats a cool story.

Did you see him when he played?!?!

No - i never saw him play - but at least i had a drink with him! :)

Very true. You're very lucky.

Pity you didnt have a camera.

Well you know this was pre mobile phones and digital cameras and i know i did have a camera with me packed in a bag somewhere - but it just didn't occur to me, and somehow it would have spoiled the moment - stopping and looking for the camera y'know?

Yeah thats true. He seemed like a nice guy. I wish I could have meet him. I cant now.

Nikki Sixx & Tommy Lee-NYC night club

Phil Anselmo-pantera live 96' Detroit show

Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul-Damageplan 2004 L.A.

Dee Snider-Twisted Sister live Atlanta show 86' or 87' don't remember it was on the last tour before they broke up.

Izzy-Saw his band live back in the mid 90's

Duff-Unsure

Dave Grohl-Unintentional at an airport in Detroit back in 97'.

Dee Snider-Twisted Sister live Atlanta show 86' or 87' don't remember it was on the last tour before they broke up.

Duff-Unsure

i'm jealous,just kidding.very,very nice list.best one is,dimebag darrell.i would say nikki and tommy most of the time,but dimebag would be cool to have meet.keep that one near to you. B)

Duff-Unsure

i'm jealous,just kidding.very,very nice list.best one is,dimebag darrell.i would say nikki and tommy most of the time,but dimebag would be cool to have meet.keep that one near to you. B)

i will do that. him and vinnie had to be the nicest celebrities i've ever met. Dave was pretty cool too.

Duff-Unsure

i will do that. him and vinnie had to be the nicest celebrities i've ever met. Dave was pretty cool too.

Same here. They shot the shit with us for a while too. Great guys.

Duff-Unsure

i wanna go back in time and meet dimebag. :( did you guys get his autograph.what did you guys say to him when you meet him.how did you feel when you got a chance to talk to him.please share your experience.if you want.

Duff-Unsure

i wanna go back in time and meet dimebag. :( did you guys get his autograph.what did you guys say to him when you meet him.how did you feel when you got a chance to talk to him.please share your experience.if you want.

when i first met the abbott brothers i was nervous. i first asked them for an autograph. then they invited me backstage and we talked and drank for about one hour. but it was one of the greatest hours of my life. they told me that no matter how much money they flash in our faces there was no chance in hell that pantera would ever reunite. i will never forget that moment.

Edited by awesome 80's