Your 10 favourite artists of all time

UseYourAppetite

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera

and thats why your so fucking awesome.

I think we are the only two who have them listed.

7. pantera

come on now :lol:rock4

Missed it :rofl-lol: well that's three :xmasssanta:

Which means that you overrate this band, huh? :xmasssanta:

Pantera did a lot more for music then gnr. and pantera makes gnr look like pussies.

Pantera could wipe the floor with gnr.

In what sence? Uglyness? :xmassrudolph:

influence, attitude, impact, pantera shit all over gnr in every aspect.

In that case, Nirvana pisses on 'em both.

Pantera was more influential then nirvana.

In metal, perhaps, but overall, Nirvana is more influential.

Pantera,RHCP,KoRn,Radiohead, And Pearl Jam. were the most influential bands of the 90's.

Nirvana were most influential band in grunge. but anything else no.

Edited by crazyfan

Pantera,RHCP,KoRn,Radiohead, And Pearl Jam. were the most influential bands of the 90's.

They opened the door for alternative music with Nevermind - in no other decade had alternative music reached such a commercial success as in the early 90s - who do you think made that happen? Pearl Jam was a huge part of it, yes, but they didn't start it all. Bands like Korn and Pantera could only dream of reaching the success they got without Nirvana.

They opened the door for alternative music with Nevermind - in no other decade had alternative music reached such a commercial success as in the early 90s - who do you think made that happen? Pearl Jam was a huge part of it, yes, but they didn't start it all. Bands like Korn and Pantera could only dream of reaching the success they got without Nirvana.

Cowboys from hell came out out in 90'. Nirvana had little to do with panteras success. what lead to there success was a new generation of kids. that wanted straight forward, undiluted metal.

Edited by crazyfan

Pantera,RHCP,KoRn,Radiohead, And Pearl Jam. were the most influential bands of the 90's.Nirvana were most influential band in grunge. but anything else no.
Pantera were the fucking lightning rod that stood still throughout the years. Wether it be grunge, or rap metal, they were there, and true to themselves, not following some trends. Nirvana had nothing to do with Pantera's success.They played in front of one million people in Moscow in 1991 I believe.
All i ever heard from pantera was screaming and shouting, i always thought they sucked.
Which is fine. That's music you don't like. It's just like I find Neil Young and Ryan Adams to be real boring, and put me to sleep.

Pantera,RHCP,KoRn,Radiohead, And Pearl Jam. were the most influential bands of the 90's.Nirvana were most influential band in grunge. but anything else no.
Pantera were the fucking lightning rod that stood still throughout the years. Wether it be grunge, or rap metal, they were there, and true to themselves, not following some trends. Nirvana had nothing to do with Pantera's success.They played in front of one million people in Moscow in 1991 I believe.
All i ever heard from pantera was screaming and shouting, i always thought they sucked.
Which is fine. That's music you don't like. It's just like I find Neil Young and Ryan Adams to be real boring, and put me to sleep.

Thats cool man, its all good, to each his own.

They played in front of one million people in Moscow in 1991 I believe.

Actually there were 'only' about 500,000(+) people in the crowd (you're talking about the Tushino Airfield Monsters of Rock thingy, I presume), or so I've read. Still huge though.

/trivial pursuit