Come Together

Iceman24

Which is the best  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, which is the best? I know there's a shitload of versions, but I picked the "good" bands.

I think Michael Jackson owns that song. Haven't found a complete video of the version he put on HIStory on youtube but I used the version from the Moonwalker movie, which is awesome, too. I think The Beatles come in second and then Aerosmith. Not a big fan of their version.

The Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAqekT-GuA

Michael Jackson

Aerosmith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOl2qCNj4k

Edited by Iceman24

anyone that said michael jackson, jump off a fucking cliff, right now!! :xmasssanta: is this even a for real question? im hanging on for the punchline...

I know you love the beatles a lot (saw that with the Paul Gilbert version of While my gutiar gently weeps. :P ), but man, MJ nails that song.

anyone that said michael jackson, jump off a fucking cliff, right now!! :xmasssanta: is this even a for real question? im hanging on for the punchline...

I know you love the beatles a lot (saw that with the Paul Gilbert version of While my gutiar gently weeps. :P ), but man, MJ nails that song.

that song is SOOO fucking Lennon, if you read his writing, his sort of nonsense prose you can see what the songs constructed of, its so very Lennon that it just sounds...silly coming from other people. it just sounds odd...and not in a good way either. he just jacksonises it. its so very specific to Lennon and his sound that to me it dont work well any other way. its like the sex pistols, inimitable, its a very specific very british very working class very accented form of music and it fits them and not others, its like asking someone to cover Ian Dury.

that song is SOOO fucking Lennon, if you read his writing, his sort of nonsense prose you can see what the songs constructed of, its so very Lennon that it just sounds...silly coming from other people. it just sounds odd...and not in a good way either. he just jacksonises it. its so very specific to Lennon and his sound that to me it dont work well any other way. its like the sex pistols, inimitable, its a very specific very british very working class very accented form of music and it fits them and not others, its like asking someone to cover Ian Dury.

Yes, but you yourself say he jacksonises (what an awesome word :D ) the song. Therefore he makes it his own. I mean, it really sounds like an MJ song rather than him covering someone elses song.