Just listened to Angel Down

Aaron_H

Guest Yanni_16

Good album, but two complaints:

1) Some of the songs sound too similar, I find the songs get better as the album progresses and more importantly...

2) Baz needs to stop fucking SCREAMING! The songs where he actually sings, like By Your Side, Stuck Inside, Falling Into You are far better than the songs where all he does is scream like an idiot, and you can't understand what he's saying. Sebastian, you were blessed with a gift, use it.

Other than that, the good outweighs the bad, and who knows how long it's going to be until we hear Axl's studio recorded voice again... Overall, 8/10.

Edited by Yanni_16

1) Some of the songs sound too similar, I find the songs get better as the album progresses and more importantly...

2) Baz needs to stop fucking SCREAMING! The songs where he actually sings, like By Your Side, Stuck Inside, Falling Into You are far better than the songs where all he does is scream like an idiot, and you can't understand what he's saying. Sebastian, you were blessed with a gift, use it.

Other than that, the good outweighs the bad, and who knows how long it's going to be until we hear Axl on studio recorded again... Overall, 8/10.

Totally agree. The second half of the album is better. And I like him screaming in some parts. But sometimes it's annoying.

I would give it a 7/10, I guess.

Other than that, the good outweighs the bad, and who knows how long it's going to be until we hear Axl on studio recorded again... Overall, 8/10.

Totally agree. The second half of the album is better. And I like him screaming in some parts. But sometimes it's annoying.

I would give it a 7/10, I guess.

Yeah I hate that too, he tried to do it the same way as he does in Monkey Business and Wasted Time but he can't pull it off anymore.

Not happy with this record. To the point where I'd say it was terrible.

Skid Row, to me, is that fun boneheaded act that seemed to be legitimate and musically valid when I discovered them around 16... This record had me yearning for their chops and sophistication!

What's missing here is a competent lyricist/melody guy. Bach isn't credited on almost any Skid Row tracks and none of the classics (if Skid Row has classics) and I've read interviews from the guys (could be sour grapes) who poo-pooed the credits he has, saying he wrote a single line or something like that. Youth Gone Wild, Big Guns, Sweet Little Sister, 18 and Life, Monkey Biz...whatever, not a thing from Bach and thank God if he comes up with stuff like this.

I read someone talking about the screaming he does, I think that's because the guy's got a great voice but hasn't a fucking clue how to come up with a competent rock melody.

The tunes are all cool. I wish I could have an instrumental album because the high-octane thrashy sound of the band is really bad-ass. I was happy to hear Axl's voice in good shape. He's still got it. Bach apparently never really had it. Good voice, yes. Musicality and sensibility...swing and a miss.

I can't find it anywhere either. Every place i've checked is sold out, including Best Buy. Guess I can't be blamed for downloading it, huh ;)

I think perhaps the label underestimated Sebastian's popularity ( like I obviously did) and only did a small initial pressing, like 50-75 thousand copies, maybe even less. Hopefully they're working on getting more cd's out there quick. Obviously people are buying it, and if the label drags their feet more people that intended on buying it may just say fuck it and download it. I will buy it whenever i can find the damn thing.

I think it's a good cd. There are a couple songs i tend to skip over, but for the most part i'm really diggin' it. It's definately better than the last Skid Row cd!

Much of the credit for the great sound on this album has to go to producer Roy Z.

He gave Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford's solo careers a kick in the ass and made them sound heavier than they'd ever been as solo artists. He did the same with Baz.

Check out Roy's solo band Tribe Of Gypsys and Roy's playing on Bruce's last 3 solo albums Accident Of Brith, Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls.

This is my favourite fucking album going right now, I've listened to it like 20 times over. Baz totally fuckin blew my expectations out of the water, absolute gem of a CD.

So far my fav song has to be Live & Die... something about it that just rocks ass.