How about a new rule...

Elnombre

I really don't see a problem with the +1 or x2 thing. I use it sometimes, or other times type the word "agree", not much difference. Basically, I agree with whomever I quoted was saying, and I really have nothing to add since they did a fine job to begin with. What's the big deal?

As for the smilies, there's no difference between writing "lol" or doing :lol: , except the :lol: takes slightly less effort. Is that so bad?

Geez, does everything have to be a full page dissertation? :xmassrudolph:

Yes, I agree. It's similar to people who post a single "smiley" as a response.

Picture1-74.png

Picture2-19.png

Picture4-2.png

Picture5-1.png

lalalalaa.jpg

dgdsgd.jpg

:huh:

:rofl-lol:

Dear god thats sad yet quite good and well researched. Top notch stuff as per usual.

As for the +1 business, well I would usually post something as hilarious as +1, but I see that this has been typed to the death. I will simply sssh.

Wait...so how do you suppose we laugh at anything without only using a smiley? :huh: Or do you expect people to type "Oh boy howdy I found that quite the humerous comment" everytime?

P.S. Great research Rebel Yell :lol:!

Edited by FunkyMonk

Wait...so how do you suppose we laugh at anything without only using a smiley? :huh: Or do you expect people to type "Oh boy howdy I found that quite the humerous comment" everytime?

P.S. Great research Rebel Yell :lol:!

"Oh boy howdy I found that quite the humerous comment"

P.S. Great research Rebel Yell :lol: !

"Oh boy howdy I found that quite the humerous comment"

:lol:

some forums have a rule where you can't post unless its over 25 charrachers long. and anyone who tries to get around that rule (its programmed into the database that they can't add a reply otherwise) by adding dashes or needless charachters will get a warning, not nessicarily on their warning status but just a PM from a mod and deletion of said post

What forums have you been on? :unsure:

I think it's great that they are trying to promote a discussion, but some of the best posts can be written in very little words.

ps3forums.com its the only other forum i go to but i find it much better. and 25 charrachters is hardly that much? its about 5 or 6 words ;)

Gee, you really have a LOT of extra time on your hands.

Do you think you could use that extra time to clean my apartment and cook dinner for me?

If you notice, my "x3" included a comment. And of the 17,000-plus posts I've made, it's rare that I only post a smiley in the answer. But it's interesting and, umm, somewhat disturbing that you would spend so much time to track them down. :huh:

Do you think you could use that extra time to clean my apartment and cook dinner for me?

Well, if you insist, but i insist on the underwear draw first.........

+1

Oh how this thread amuses thee.

I could say something really snidey right now, but I'll let this one slip...

No offense, but you have over 6000 posts as well. Not really in a position to criticise.

I'm not denying that I've got a lot of free-time. But madison using that insult just sounds a bit daft. I wouldn't use that observation on someone else because I know how easily someone could mention my postcount.