Who likes Powderfinger?

ThinkAboutYou

Big fan. Vulture Street is one of the top 5 best albums of the 00's and is an essential for music lovers. Also their new album Dream Days at the Hotel Existence looks pretty strong.

Plus they are really cool to their fans unlike another band I know

Sell Autographed items on their website

Have special shows for their fanclub members

Tour and release an album every year

Big fan. Vulture Street is one of the top 5 best albums of the 00's and is an essential for music lovers. Also their new album Dream Days at the Hotel Existence looks pretty strong.

Woulda gone to see 'em this year but they were touring with fucking Silverchair :rolleyes:

BTW I've always hated silverchair, the new "gay approach" they've taken with their new album only gave me something more to laugh at

Woulda gone to see 'em this year but they were touring with fucking Silverchair :rolleyes:

BTW I've always hated silverchair, the new "gay approach" they've taken with their new album only gave me something more to laugh at

Yeah Daniel John's is pretty much the poster boy for queers around the world

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

You've always hated Silverchair? They were a pretty good band in the 90's man, at least they weren't pretentious assholes back then. At least whilst Axl Rose might have had pretensions, he made art from them, Daniel Johns on the other hand has a band that clearly is making music based on the vision of one man (Johns). The guy thinks his band is The Beatles/The Beach Boys in the mid 60's (think Rubber Soul-The White Album/Pet Sounds), however whilst those bands had immense musical talent, Silverchair isn't a very talented band. Whilst those albums might have had immense production on them to the extent that they became an integral part of their critical and commercial success, it just doesn't work on Young Modern and sort of for Diorama, because in the end, it's how good you are, not your producer. He even went to the extent od disowning the band's first two albums saying that they were his "high school band's" music not Silverchair's. Anyhoo, back on topic if your after Powderfinger shit I'd highly suggest starting off with their new album Dream Days At The Hotel Existence, as obviously most people here are classic rock fans and the album has a classic rock ambience to it opposed to the more mellow, slightly pendantic Australian alternative sound that is dominant on their other albums.

Have you heard bernard's solo album tea and sympathy?, it's as good as powderfinger.

You are spot on about Daniel Johns his a complete wanker.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

You've always hated Silverchair? They were a pretty good band in the 90's man, at least they weren't pretentious assholes back then. At least whilst Axl Rose might have had pretensions, he made art from them, Daniel Johns on the other hand has a band that clearly is making music based on the vision of one man (Johns). The guy thinks his band is The Beatles/The Beach Boys in the mid 60's (think Rubber Soul-The White Album/Pet Sounds), however whilst those bands had immense musical talent, Silverchair isn't a very talented band. Whilst those albums might have had immense production on them to the extent that they became an integral part of their critical and commercial success, it just doesn't work on Young Modern and sort of for Diorama, because in the end, it's how good you are, not your producer. He even went to the extent od disowning the band's first two albums saying that they were his "high school band's" music not Silverchair's. Anyhoo, back on topic if your after Powderfinger shit I'd highly suggest starting off with their new album Dream Days At The Hotel Existence, as obviously most people here are classic rock fans and the album has a classic rock ambience to it opposed to the more mellow, slightly pendantic Australian alternative sound that is dominant on their other albums.

:sleeper:

Sorry, but this post was ridiculously boring. Daniel Johns is far from pretentious. He just realised that his first two albums were (for the most part) a complete joke and tried to move away from that style of music. Diorama is a masterpiece - while your post was a pile of inane babble.

Back on topic, Powderfinger are great - one of the best bands the country has ever produced. It's a shame they're not more well known. Seen them 3 times, excellent shows every time.

btw, daniel johns has split with natalie imbruglia.

just a matter of time before he comes out of the closet.

Maybe his in denial about his sexuality

But I think your right it's only a matter of time before it goes public.

High Voltage you can't be serious, diorama isn't a masterpiece it's at best a frisbee.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

• 2 weeks later...