Pearl Jam's Ten

Master Of Puppets

Nirvana's Nevermind may have been the album that broke grunge and alternative rock into the mainstream, but there's no underestimating the role that Pearl Jam's Ten played in keeping them there. Nirvana's appeal may have been huge, but it wasn't universal.

Ten was only a success in early '92 thanks to the success from Nirvana.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nirvana's Nevermind may have been the album that broke grunge and alternative rock into the mainstream, but there's no underestimating the role that Pearl Jam's Ten played in keeping them there. Nirvana's appeal may have been huge, but it wasn't universal.

Pearl Jam were actually the biggest band in the world until '93 when they stopped making music videos

Pearl Jam were actually the biggest band in the world until '93 when they stopped making music videos

Yes sorry, I tried to say Peal Jam success started in early '92.

It was late 93 when VS broke the first week sales record (without music videos). That was their peak, popularity wise. The lack of videos and the Ticketmaster fued didn't start hurting them until Vitalogy was released the following year.

Edited by Angelica

its better than Nevermind

cuz it doesnt spend so much time in your stereo and takes on a whole new lease of life...say as a paperweight or a doorstop...maybe put it under a chair with one leg a little too short ;) actually, that might crack it huh? hey, even better :D

cuz it doesnt spend so much time in your stereo and takes on a whole new lease of life...say as a paperweight or a doorstop...maybe put it under a chair with one leg a little too short ;) actually, that might crack it huh? hey, even better :D

sorry ,but my chair is not broken

but it will be ,when I tell Eddie Vedder that its somehow involved with Ticketmaster :)

sorry ,but my chair is not broken

but it will be ,when I tell Eddie Vedder that its somehow involved with Ticketmaster :)

ya lost me :lol:

I will cut you some slack, cuz you like Limp Bizkit and I do too.

..But NO WAY this is better than Nevermind. It is not even close. But I feel if I am going to state something as a fact; I should at least tell you why it isn't better than Nevermind.

You know why it isn't better than Nevermind?

Answer: Because even in a thread on about Pearl Jam; Nirvana/Nevermind gets brought up. And its like that in any thread about any band on this forum.

I sometimes think that Nirvana/Cobain gets mention in this forum more than Axl does.

Edited by SunnyDRE

..But NO WAY this is better than Nevermind. It is not even close. But I feel if I am going to state something as a fact; I should at least tell you why it isn't better than Nevermind.

Answer: Because even in a thread on about Pearl Jam; Nirvana/Nevermind gets brought up. And its like that in any thread about any band on this forum.

I sometimes think that Nirvana/Cobain gets mention in this forum more than Axl does.

exactly!!! bingo!!! right on the fuckin button!!! it tells you something about whats on the mind of some Pearl Jam fans that the best way they can find to compliment a Pearl Jam album is to say that its better than Nevermind...very very telling. to be quite honest, i dont like Pearl Jam one bit cuz and i wasnt gonna post in here til i saw that. "its better than Nevermind" uh...hang on, what is this, when did the rating system go from one star, two stars, three stars, better than nevermind, four stars, five stars? :huh:

I think that nevermind is an overrated album, i mean it's a good album but it does not deserve to be in the top 10 albums of all time as rolling stone mag claims.

The definition of the word "overrated" - It has been rated BY ALOT OF PEOPLE; BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE FOR SOME STRANGE REASON THINK IT IS GOOD."

Peace!!!

Edited by SunnyDRE

I think that nevermind is an overrated album, i mean it's a good album but it does not deserve to be in the top 10 albums of all time as rolling stone mag claims.

The definition of the word "overrated" - It has been rated BY ALOT OF PEOPLE; BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE FOR SOME STRANGE REASON THINK IT IS GOOD."

Peace!!!

aren't you forgetting that overrated is an personal opinion aka the definition is "It has been rated BY ALOT OF PEOPLE; BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE FOR SOME STRANGE REASON THINK IT IS GOOD,but a single person or a group doesn't like it as much as them"

Peace!!!

aren't you forgetting that overrated is an personal opinion aka the definition is "It has been rated BY ALOT OF PEOPLE; BECAUSE ALOT OF PEOPLE FOR SOME STRANGE REASON THINK IT IS GOOD,but a single person or a group doesn't like it as much as them"

Ok dude,

Name me one thing that is considered "overrated" that isn't consider "really really good" by the majority.

It's also better than UYI I & II

Okay try me :)

No one here no matter how convinced they are can say with "A FACT" that one is better than the other in reference to Nevermind and Ten.

It's called personal preference people.

I love discussing and debating why you think one is better than the other,but fuck off if you're gonna insist you're opinion is fact.

Peace!!!

Ok dude,

Name me one thing that is considered "overrated" that isn't consider "really really good" by the majority.

nothing'

but whose opinion is more important to you,your own or the majority's

I know dude sorry, i just hate the fact that we were talking about pearl jam and they have to bring their nirvana stuff to the topic.

i think you'll find a Pearl Jam fan started bringing "their nirvana stuff into the topic" thats the whole point.

Imo, Pearl Jam is so much more than your average "Grunge"band (like Nirvana).

:rolleyes:

Don'cupcake your eyes at my opinion, sweety.

The only good thing Nirvana ever did, which showed something like musical diversity, is the Unplugged thing, I really really like it. It's hard for me to sit through more than one Nirvana studio album in a row (which is Nevermind mostly, I have all the other albums too, though). Pearl Jam on the other hand... :wub:

Edited by Spoon87