The Stooges

kevdo242

Like many others before me, I'm kicking myself for not discovering this band sooner. Pure undiluted raw real rock music.

Bought Funhouse last week (I already own the selftitled, and have heard Raw Power). The whole albums great, but the song that really hits me is T.V. Eye. I'm in love with that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7qDlwQ7Bs

Yah the stooges are amazing, "The Stooges" and "Funhouse" are the best though. I don't like James Williamson bein on guitar at all, that's Ron's job and without him on guitar, it totally changed the sound of the band although Raw Power seems to be the most popular for some reason. My favorite is Funhouse no questions asked and I've seen the whole album performed live as well. I saw them twice on their 2007 tour, it was amazing and I got to go on stage and dance and sing with iggy pop with a shitload of other people. I actually got kicked out of the second show I went to because I pushed some kid into a security guard but ended up meeting Iggy Pop afterwards and got him to sign my album of "the wierdness" which is their newest album that came out last year and is also very much worth buying.

Yea, I recently got their self titled, but still haven't gotten around to giving it a full listen. (turning it on now) I do like 1969 though, very cool opener.

I'll get back to you in a bit....

S/T is good, but Raw Power and Fun House are better. Raw Power is my favourite. "Gimme Danger" is amazing; Iggy's solo work with Bowie is also great. "Lust for Life," "The Passenger" and "Fall In Love with Me" - love them.

Yea, I recently got their self titled, but still haven't gotten around to giving it a full listen. (turning it on now) I do like 1969 though, very cool opener.

S/T is good, but Raw Power and Fun House are better. Raw Power is my favourite. "Gimme Danger" is amazing; Iggy's solo work with Bowie is also great. "Lust for Life," "The Passenger" and "Fall In Love with Me" - love them.

Thanks man, I'll check 'em all out.

No prob. As far as Iggy's albums go I'd say "Lust for Life" and "The Idiot" are all you need (at least to start off with) - they contain his best solo work and all three of the songs I mentioned above. Lots of good stuff on there, plus some songs that David Bowie later "redid" on his own albums (like China Girl).

No prob. As far as Iggy's albums go I'd say "Lust for Life" and "The Idiot" are all you need (at least to start off with) - they contain his best solo work and all three of the songs I mentioned above. Lots of good stuff on there, plus some songs that David Bowie later "redid" on his own albums (like China Girl).

Bowie, also produced them.

Bowie, also produced them.

Yeah, Bowie later confessed he took advantage of Iggy's willingness and changed his "sound" to match Bowie's more (which is why he adapted the songs later) - but I think it was a perfect mix of talents.

Edited by Estranged Reality

They're a great rock n' roll band. Proto-punks, if you will.

There's something very grainy about the production of Raw Power that is both appealing and annoying. I understand they remixed it later because they weren't happy with what Bowie did the first time around, but then there were disagreements within the band concerning the new mix, as well. I also read that the reissue was the loudest album EVER.

They're a great rock n' roll band. Proto-punks, if you will.

There's something very grainy about the production of Raw Power that is both appealing and annoying. I understand they remixed it later because they weren't happy with what Bowie did the first time around, but then there were disagreements within the band concerning the new mix, as well. I also read that the reissue was the loudest album EVER.

get the fuckin remix man, its like....head and shoulders better than the original i think. Bowie did a great job but the fucking remix just blows my head off. listening to Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell and Shake Appeal on the remix is like....WOOOAH!!! seriously dude, quit fuckin around and get it, it sincerely is the loudest fucking album ever and as Iggy said " everything is in the red, the proof is in the pudding, its still a fucking raw mix" and he's right god bless him. that is one album that is just simply perfect and the remixed version is like...perfection with a cherry on top!!