Disco

Vincent Vega

Hey

Anyone else here a fan of Disco? The way I see it is that the Disco ''movement'' had merit. When most rock bands were being big and self-indulgent (that's good in it's own way), Disco was presenting stuff the way it is. For example, the song "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees.

"Whether you're a mother or whether you're a brother, you're staying alive, stayin alive.

feel the city breakin' and everybody's shakin' but we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive"

People could relate to that, especially in the US and especially in NYC. US in the 70s was down in the dumps with Watergate and the Oil crisises. NYC in the mid-late 70s, was a den of corruption, murder, poverty and sorrow. It was a dangerous, drug and crime ridden city, especially at night. People living here could understand that and could relate to that.

Anyway, back on topic, Disco was awesome.

Pretty crazy how fast it died.

Living through it seemed like forever...it pretty much dominated the second half of the 70's in pop culture.

It was fucking everywhere,there was no escaping it.

The scary thing is...when a disco song comes on now,I'm amazed at how often I know a good chunk of the lyrics.

As much as I loathed it,I always gave the musicians their props.Some of those cats were damn good players!

fuck.....now I have Disco Duck stuck in my brain

thanks for that!

Edited by zint61

Living through it seemed like forever...it pretty much dominated the second half of the 70's in pop culture.

The scary thing is...when a disco song comes on now,I'm amazed at how often I know a good chunk of the lyrics.

As much as I loathed it,I always gave the musicians their props.Some of those cats were damn good players!

thanks for that!

God it turns me on when you speak like your 10 000 years old :wub:

thanks for that!

:lol:

yeah,us old fuckers have that effect on people

I love it when people around here forget how old Axl is... ;)

thanks for that!

:lol:

yeah,us old fuckers have that effect on people

I love it when people around here forget how old Axl is... ;)

Yeah, well....