Swedish hard rockers EUROPE have scheduled the following dates:

Mar. 28 - Sport Palace - Minsk, Belarus

Apr. 19 - Extremusika 2008 en Recinto Hipico de Caceres - Caceres, Spain

May 31 - Kopervik Festival - Karmoy, Norway

Jun. 06 - Rocksound Festival - Huttwil, Switzerland

Jun. 27 - Stadsfesten - Skellefteå, Sweden

Jul. 23 - Villa Pisani - Venice, Italy

Jul. 26 - Piazza del Popolo - Ascoli Piceno, Italy

Aug. 08 - Cloetta Center - Linköping, Sweden (w/ DEEP PURPLE)

Aug. 09 - Oja Slottsruin - Ystad, Sweden (w/ DEEP PURPLE)

EUROPE played a semi-acoustic concert on January 26 at Nalen in Stockholm. The band performed songs from its latest CD, "Secret Society", along with some of its classic hits. The show was broadcast live over the Internet on the official EUROPE web site.

Watch footage from the concert on YouTube.

"Secret Society" was released in the U.S. on November 7, 2006 via Sanctuary Records. Although the band members chose to produce the album themselves, they relied on the support of highly experienced studio professionals. Lennart Östlund, longtime engineer at the legendary Polar Studios in Stockholm, recorded the sessions in his new Stockholm studio, Kingside. Lennart has worked with countless international artists over the years, including LED ZEPPELIN, SCORPIONS, just to name a few. Mixing duties were handled by Stefan Glaumann while the mastering was taken care of by George Marino at Sterling Sound in New York. The band didn't want to leave anything to chance, so they enlisted the legendary Storm Thorgerson to design the album's artwork.

EUROPE singer Joey Tempest (real name: Rolf Magnus Joakim Larsson) and his wife Lisa welcomed their first child, a boy named James Joakim, on October 12, 2007 at a hospital in London, England.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Saying that would be an insult to all the real good bands, but yeah, they've done some good songs. Carrie is probably my favorite.

Cool, if they'd come to Stockholm I'd probably see them, I've seen them once and they put on a great show... not nearly as poppy as their 80's studio stuff but more hard rock... And why isn't it Deep Purple Raw Power? I don't know anything about their current status.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

A little too far? It's pretty near if you live in Bergen or Stavanger, but I can recall in my memory that you live in Oslo? Can be pretty far then. I saw that it was on a big island by the way, so maybe you could take a boat there. :P

A little too far? It's pretty near if you live in Bergen or Stavanger, but I can recall in my memory that you live in Oslo? Can be pretty far then. I saw that it was on a big island by the way, so maybe you could take a boat there. :P

Yeah, Oslo.... dammit!

Ah well, roadtrip maybe then rock3

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I wouldn't recommend it. Norweigian roads across the mountains are terrible. It would actually be closer and safer to take the car to Linköping. Then you'd have the privilege see my hometown too. And the, acording to Raw Power, unreal Deep Purple.

I wouldn't recommend it. Norweigian roads across the mountains are terrible. It would actually be closer and safer to take the car to Linköping. Then you'd have the privilege see my hometown too. And the, acording to Raw Power, unreal Deep Purple.

Yeah thats true.... I haven't seen Deep Purple so...that would be cool.

What is it then? I've no idea who are in the band these days. I've just seen posters for the show downtown.

It's a couple of guys playing Deep Purple songs, not even in a good way.

But I don't thinkg Chris care.. Since he is a fan of bandnames and not musicians.

Edited by Raw Power

Ian Paice and Ian Gilligan, but the two main characters Lord and Blackmore quit ages ago.

They were the two behind the good stuff of Deep Purple. Even thuogh Paice is an awesome drummer,

it's not enough when Steve Morse fucks up every single riff Blackmore ever wrote with his shitty playing.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Oh I see... Yeah, I'll see if I go. I'm not really a big fan of either Europe or Deep Purple, so it would probably be something I went too if it was cheap or if some friend pested (is it the word?) on me about it.