They really should cover Lynyrd Skynyrd on the next tour/album

axllent

i do not understand why gnr never tried to cover songs by lynyrd skynyrd...."simple man" even sounds like civil war/don't cry....and ronnie van zant's speaking voice was very axlish...i never saw axl wearing a lynyrd skynyrd shirt (however axl's clothes on kohd and civil war had these southern elements ;P)but wasnt gnr inspired by them? if i wouldnt know that gnr comes from l.a. i had say its also a southern rock band....and i really love the sound of civil war, paradise city, sweet home alabama, simple man, etc....unfortunately there wont be songs like that on cd, i think....

are there any gnr quotes with regard to lynyrd skynrd ? ;P

There's lots of other stuff I'd like them to cover before Skynyrd. But to be frank I'll be more interested in hearing Prostitute & This I Love played live.

As far as recording covers, "Sailing" would be pretty much the only one I'd be eager for.

Edited by appetite4illusions

racists? :D are you kidding me? the same racists as axl in one in a million maybe ;P

of course we need more new material....but lynyrd covers are much better than beautiful by aguilera or sympathy for the devil by the stones....

Edited by axllent

Maybe Axl just doesn't want to cover some overrated, cousin screwing racists?

Just my opinion.

Remember who your talking about jack. The same frontman who wore a Confederate jacket while singing Civil War, and wrote the song OIAM.

At least Skynyrd never done anything as racist as OIAM.

Guns doing Freebird would be fuckin' epic (seriously, no Baz parody).

Just my opinion.

Remember who your talking about jack. The same frontman who wore a Confederate jacket while singing Civil War, and wrote the song OIAM.

Do you ever see Lynyrd Skynyrd possibly hanging with Ice T and the rest of bodycount?

Yeah, I can picture Ronnie Van Zandt wearing an NWA hat.

Ignorance is what causes people to believe the confederate flag means "yay for slavery". The South had whites working with blacks in the fields. Everyone was pretty poor. It was more of the rebellion against industrialization. The south had no representatives and so it was a revolution in a way. Those who are offended by it and those who wear it to offend under the ignorant perception of that flag are all idiots. Personally, I think Axl would know the true meaning of the flag. Unless he is an idiot too.

back on topic I guess......

If New GNR were to cover a southern rock band. The Allman brothers would be an awesome choice.

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

Just my opinion.

Do you ever see Lynyrd Skynyrd possibly hanging with Ice T and the rest of bodycount?

Ignorance is what causes people to believe the confederate flag means "yay for slavery". The South had whites working with blacks in the fields. Everyone was pretty poor. It was more of the rebellion against industrialization. The south had no representatives and so it was a revolution in a way. Those who are offended by it and those who wear it to offend under the ignorant perception of that flag are all idiots. Personally, I think Axl would know the true meaning of the flag. Unless he is an idiot too.

If New GNR were to cover a southern rock band. The Allman brothers would be an awesome choice.

according to your logic southerners who don't hang with ice-t and body count and sport nwa hats are cousin screwing racists?

lol

look, just because all the members of lynyrd skynyrd had at your mom backstage after a show back in the 70's and you dont know which one to call "dad" doesn't mean you have to be so bitter towards them...its not their fault

now, if your mom is one of their cousins, you might have an argument...

Just my opinion.

according to your logic southerners who don't hang with ice-t and body count and sport nwa hats are cousin screwing racists?

lol

look, just because all the members of lynyrd skynyrd had at your mom backstage after a show back in the 70's and you dont know which one to call "dad" doesn't mean you have to be so bitter towards them...its not their fault

now, if your mom is one of their cousins, you might have an argument...

Moronic arguments need not apply.

being from the south, I have a little more insight to how those idiots act.

FYI:

One of the verses is an attack on Neil Young: "I hope Neil Young will remember a southern man don't need him around anyhow." Young had written songs like "Southern Man" and "Alabama," which implied that people in the Southern US were racist and stuck in the past. Skynyrd responded with this, a song about Southern pride

"Southern pride" eh? May as well be saying "White pride". Neil Young is right. Instead of moving forward and coming together to solve the REAL problems, it's all about "that jiggaboo" this and "porch monkey" that.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is popular among inbred wastes of space. Truth hurts I guess. :rolleyes:

Just my opinion.

spoken like a true piece of shit

Pieces of shit speak? Amazing reply. HAH

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

• 2 weeks later...

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah! rock3 First thing I thought.

Just my opinion.

Oh yeah! rock3 First thing I thought.

Did you see them when they came to the palace?