Faith No More Reunion

wasted

It's good to hear Patton say that, as he seemed sort of bitter about FNM in the past. Still, I don't see a reunion happening any time soon. Hopefully, I'm wrong though.

EDIT: Also, awesome song. :heart:

Edited by Moop

He was never bitter about it. In fact, he wanted it more than anyone. He seemed to have a crisis at some point which manifested itself on Angel Dust. He really enjoyed disillusioning everyone about life as a "rock star".

Was always bitter that certain music sold more than what he deemed to be good music. That's his axe he grinds, like continuously. But he seems more over it than before. You can see that the press and stuff bug him. I guess because of the way he was portrayed as The Shit Terrorist and he only ever did anything to entertain himself.

I guess the press wanted to portray him as some kind of tortured artist but he was into eating raw meat and electricuting himself on the tour bus watching knee operations on cable.

I would be really genuinely surprised if they reunion. I think Guns have more chance.

I mean most people think of FNM as Big Jim. But really he only did the Real Thing.

The best albums were Angel Dust, King For A Day, Album of the Year. So half the songs everyone wants to hear are on albums he didnt play on.

I mean when I saw them Patton stood in front of Jim when he tried to do a solo. He pushed him over on the Easy solo.

Puffy must be dying to do it tho?

I think Billy Gould has a record label that sells Brazalian Thrash metal.

Roddy could be the new keyboard player in GNR.

"Take it from our drummer Puff, being good it gets you...stuff!!!!!"

Thing is Patton can't slam himself into the stage or do any disco dancing, so the show towards the end was all these operatic ballads like Last Cup Of Sorrow. He cast him self as the ageing lothario with maiden in his arms. Sort of a death metal crooner.

I'm sure they could pull off a one-off show at Lolapolooza or something.

But it's not gonna measure up against the Angel Dust shows.

Another Best of Faith No More?

Oh, c'mon, live a little?

Jizzlobber could be released as a single.

Like most of Patton's work, I really like some of FNM's stuff and other songs I don't care a whole lot for, but Stripsearch has to be in my all-time favourite. Patton can overdo the vocals a bit at times - almost deliberately so, and a lot of people seem to like that - but I think the balance he strikes on this song is wonderful. It's sexy, a little bit mysterious and unsettling, and has a wicked guitar solo - simple but effective. Great song.

"Ooooh / Ooooh ohhh ohhhhhhh / ohhh OHHHHHH oooooohhhhhh" - those opening vocals are awesome by the way.

I would be really genuinely surprised if they reunion. I think Guns have more chance.

I mean most people think of FNM as Big Jim. But really he only did the Real Thing.

The best albums were Angel Dust, King For A Day, Album of the Year. So half the songs everyone wants to hear are on albums he didnt play on.

I mean when I saw them Patton stood in front of Jim when he tried to do a solo. He pushed him over on the Easy solo.

I wasn't really crazy about King For A Day.

I thought The Real Thing, Angel Dust & Album Of The Year was the strongest.

The best of the operatic ballads was Just A Man.

I'm not sure what a FNM reunion would consist of. Big Jim didn't even like most of my favourite FNM material.

Either way, I'd love to see Patton sing Gentle Art live. I reckon that one song is responsible for SOAD existing.

Faith invented Nu-Metal. Take away the songs, creativity and satan worship and you have Limp Dicksuck. Water that down and get your mommy to buy you a computer and you get Linkin Park.

So, really maybe a reunion isnt the worse that could happen.

Album of the Year was chock full of operatic ballads. Ashes to Ashes. California by Bungle was too far sort of genius.

I liked Jim I'm not sure what the deal was. Patton suddenly took a disliking to him. I think it was Jim's absence that did it. I read a whole article in Melody Maker about Jim's police scanner once. I think Patton took over. Like Jim was at the helm on Introduce Yourself, We Care Alot, and Real Thing.

So Patton did Angel Dust, King For A Day, Album of the Year.

I like Underwater Lover and THe Morning After on Real Thing.

Tomahawk was like FNM in 2000 really.

glad to see all the Faith No More fans on here. i'm really glad to see that Angel Dust gets the respect it deserves.

my faves are "Land of Sunshine", "Everything's Ruined", "Kindergarten", "A Small Victory", and "Crack Hitler". but hell, i love all the songs on there. "R.V." is genius too.

I wasn't really crazy about King For A Day.

I thought The Real Thing, Angel Dust & Album Of The Year was the strongest.

At first King was sort too basic for me.

But some of the songs are amazing. There is an economy that works. It's stripped down but Getle Art of Making Enemies, What A Day, Get Out, Coco for Caca, Richochet, King For A Day, so many good songs. And some odd ball stuff overall very good album, moments it outshines Angel Dust.