The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolling Stone can suck it. This is an a amazing CD. Bag It Up is a plodding midtempo rocker? WTF? SOTL is also an awesome. RS should go back to reviewing Ashley Simpson records. That is about all they are good for.

I highly recommend DOYS....

Edited by fantomas

I think the album is ok. I do agree with them though that their is a sharp difference in quality from the songs noel wrote and what the others did. I also kind of think they should let him sing too. :P Liam's voice is no where near what it used to be. Unless I'm wrong and he is the one singing on rapture and not noel.

Record has an average of 68 on Metacritic. Which is average for an album on there.

If you notice, RS's reviews was near the very bottom of the overall reviews on Metacritic.

Jody Rosen is notorious for writing awful reviews that seem more personal than anything else.

I'm a bit biased, I really enjoy Oasis, but I find great fault in giving acts like the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Jessica Simpson way above average reviews, and veteran rock bands putting out fine efforts, average reviews with the same tired comparisons and little insight.

Who gives a fuck who gives what mark for it.You have your own mind, listen to it and make your

own mind up.

I think its a great album

I really don't give a fuck how RS or others review albums. My issue is I don't understand Rollingstone's logic or grading system for their reviews. You can't give the fucking Jonas Brothers 4 stars (Bob Dylan territory), and give a proven band like Oasis an average rating on a very good album.

They can give DOYS 1 star for all I care, but the Jonas Brothers should have no stars then.

Regardless as you say, I will enjoy it simply because it's good music.

Edited by useyourintrusions

Rockers Oasis have been accused of ripping off a Cliff Richard hit with their new single The Turning.

Oasis posted the track on their MySpace.com page on Thursday, but the song has received harsh criticism from fans of ageing crooner Richard - who claim the tune bears an uncanny resemblance his 1976 hit, Devil Woman.

Writing on Richard's official site, one user by the name of Rolybunny, says, "This is a rip-off. What'll they do next? Remix Mistletoe and Wine?"

However, the track has not been panned by all Richard fans.

Janine Castle, from the International Cliff Richard Movement, admits the similarities came as a shock, albeit a welcome one.

She says, "I'm astounded Oasis use Cliff as their muse - but delighted. I can hear the similarities. It's about time Cliff's musical genius got some recognition."

Oasis have yet to comment on the comparisons - but it would not be the first time the band has sampled songs from other musicians.

Guitarist Noel Gallagher has previously confessed that a riff in 1994's Cigarettes and Alcohol was based on T Rex's Get It On, and Don't Look Back In Anger pays homage to the late John Lennon's 1971 song, Imagine.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20081005/ten...-o-c60bd6d.html

:lol:

Rockers Oasis have been accused of ripping off a Cliff Richard hit with their new single The Turning.

Oasis posted the track on their MySpace.com page on Thursday, but the song has received harsh criticism from fans of ageing crooner Richard - who claim the tune bears an uncanny resemblance his 1976 hit, Devil Woman.

Writing on Richard's official site, one user by the name of Rolybunny, says, "This is a rip-off. What'll they do next? Remix Mistletoe and Wine?"

However, the track has not been panned by all Richard fans.

Janine Castle, from the International Cliff Richard Movement, admits the similarities came as a shock, albeit a welcome one.

She says, "I'm astounded Oasis use Cliff as their muse - but delighted. I can hear the similarities. It's about time Cliff's musical genius got some recognition."

Oasis have yet to comment on the comparisons - but it would not be the first time the band has sampled songs from other musicians.

Guitarist Noel Gallagher has previously confessed that a riff in 1994's Cigarettes and Alcohol was based on T Rex's Get It On, and Don't Look Back In Anger pays homage to the late John Lennon's 1971 song, Imagine.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20081005/ten...-o-c60bd6d.html

:lol:

I can see some similarities, but Oasis took all the cheezy 70's crap out of Devil Woman, reworked it, and make a good song out of it.

Oasis for Manchester summer 2009 'super-gig'

08108_161721_oasisdnL81008.jpg

Pic: Danny North

Band set for huge homecoming show

Oasis will play a homecoming "super-gig" in Manchester next summer.

Noel Gallagher told BBC News that his band had planned the show, but wouldn't reveal which location it would take place at.

"We've got a super-gig planned next summer," he revealed. "Don't ask me any more questions because I can't tell you what it is."

Oasis have played a variety of Manchester venues through the years, including a gig at the Gallaghers' beloved Manchester City's old Maine Road stadium in 1996, as well as the team's new home, The City Of Manchester Stadium, in 2005.

However, Gallagher hinted that the band were set to play the show at an unusual location.

"If I gave you 500 guesses you'd never guess where it would be," he said.

Oasis kicked off their UK tour in Liverpool on Tuesday night (October 6).

Edited by Set_the_Controls

Oasis for Manchester summer 2009 'super-gig'

08108_161721_oasisdnL81008.jpg

Pic: Danny North

Band set for huge homecoming show

Oasis will play a homecoming "super-gig" in Manchester next summer.

Noel Gallagher told BBC News that his band had planned the show, but wouldn't reveal which location it would take place at.

"We've got a super-gig planned next summer," he revealed. "Don't ask me any more questions because I can't tell you what it is."

Oasis have played a variety of Manchester venues through the years, including a gig at the Gallaghers' beloved Manchester City's old Maine Road stadium in 1996, as well as the team's new home, The City Of Manchester Stadium, in 2005.

However, Gallagher hinted that the band were set to play the show at an unusual location.

"If I gave you 500 guesses you'd never guess where it would be," he said.

Oasis kicked off their UK tour in Liverpool on Tuesday night (October 6).

they better play wembley stadium or something...im gutted i aint seeing them this month

New tour post on Oasisnet.com by Noel.

cant stand that site...i been trying since august to register, login...it never fucking works

that happened to me too...and when it's finally beginning to work I don't really have any reason to log in :P

And I finally watched the dvd from the deluxe set yesterday...The making of The Shock of the Lightning video part was pretty boring but the 30 minute feature on the making of the album was pretty great if you care about that kind of things...gotta love Noel :D

Not watched the DVD yet. I have a habit of never watching bonus DVDs that come with albums. Ive not watched the Libertad DVD either...Im'a have to do that soon. I expect that the TSOTL making of was pretty much about the digital effects and stuff? A bit like watching 'The Making of Toy Story' or something similar?

marky, you didn't share your opinion on the album with us... or did you? I'd like to know anyway. :)

It's a relatively strong album. A few days ago I thought that they should've combined the best parts of Don't Believe the Truth and this one to create one monster record, but it's a real grower! I even like "Soldier On" by now.

Not watched the DVD yet. I have a habit of never watching bonus DVDs that come with albums. Ive not watched the Libertad DVD either...Im'a have to do that soon. I expect that the TSOTL making of was pretty much about the digital effects and stuff? A bit like watching 'The Making of Toy Story' or something similar?

I usually forget to watch them too... :P Yeah it was basically just digital stuff and how they combined it and it was only like 5 minutes long, had a part about the album cover that was pretty interesting though.

The album is indeed a grower, I've had it since it leaked and it's only getting better...still not too fond of the last four (except Ain't Got Nothin').

I usually forget to watch them too... :P Yeah it was basically just digital stuff and how they combined it and it was only like 5 minutes long, had a part about the album cover that was pretty interesting though.

The album is indeed a grower, I've had it since it leaked and it's only getting better...still not too fond of the last four (except Ain't Got Nothin').

lol glad it not just me with the website troubles...i been trying since august, apparently new batch of tickets might be available? i wish

i love doys, much better than dbtt, im outta time is my fav atm, scarily sounds so much like lennon...but thats good!

a lot of people saying they wish noel write all of the songs, not just the better half...do suppose you gotta let the other guys have a go...but i can see where theyre coming from....boy with the blues is really good

When DOYS first leaked a few weeks ago, I loved it. I couldn't stop listening to it. I'm afraid I played it out, or I was just going off hype. Now, I can't even bring myself to listen to it. I don't even like any of the songs. It sucks, and I want my fucking money back. This has to be the biggest and fastest turn around for me ever. I'm very disappointed. I still love Oasis though. :/