The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another idiot on the end of a Noel bash!

Kaiser Chiefs hit back at Oasis' Noel Gallagher

Band suggest Gallagher is after publicity

Kaiser Chiefs have hit back at Oasis' Noel Gallagher, who recently made disparaging remarks about the Leeds band.

Noel Gallagher recently criticised Kaiser Chiefs, comparing them to The Monkees and saying that he didn't like the band despite the fact that he "did drugs for 18 years".

Kaiser Chiefs' drummer Nick Hodgson has since hit back at Gallagher, implying that the Oasis man is seeking publicity for his band's forthcoming new album, 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

"We're definitely not offended but I do actually like it, I think it's a bit of sport," he told BBC Newsbeat after the band's V Festival appearance in Chelmsford yesterday (August 17).

"It is funny though," he continued, "because it does happen [Gallagher criticising bands] every single time they put out an album. And the last two albums it's been us [getting the brunt of it].

"When I was 17 and Noel was going on about Blur I was watching it, and now I'm 30 and he's 50 and he's talking about us, it's brilliant."

Do you really have to post what every fucking person in England thinks about Oasis. Seriously, the updates are great but who really cares what Mark Ronson(who?) or the Kaiser Chiefs fucking drummer thinks. I don't know, maybe its a big deal over there. It just seems fucking silly.

Thanks for the vid snake. :o

Sorry, it's not like we post every tiny bit of news/rumour for any other band is it.

:rolleyes:

I love oasis! Don't get me wrong.. but you can leave that silly shit for the Oasis forums.

Oh and the News&Discussion section is one of the worst parts of this forum when there's not actual news. :tongue2:

Oh and the News&Discussion section is one of the worst parts of this forum when there's not actual news. :tongue2:

Point taken :P

Maybe in future, I'll just link to the articles, and not post them, so you can decide yourself :)

Fair enough. I was being a dick though. :shrugs: Sorry bout that. :lol:

'Noel Gallagher: 'New Oasis album is not Britpop'

Guitarist says experimental LP is 'not our usual thing'

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/39047

ah good luck getting tickets just be waiting for as soon as they come on sale have like 5 if the same pages up, thats what i did for my reading ticket

and yeh i read this on that site earlier...

i dunno if i like the word " experimenting "