The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

Yeah, that's always the problem with new songs, crowd don't know them. It's a shame, but it's a promo tour, and they'll be back to your area in the Winter or Spring.

One thing that concerns me is that this album sounds like it'll be another SOTSOG. Now, I love that album, it's my favourite from all the Oasis albums. But people see it as Wasted (I think it was him) said 'a headphone album'. It's not killer, it's fantastic but it's not a definitive rock album. Falling Down is like a psychadelic version of Where Did It All Go Wrong. Nothing On Me just sounds like I Can See A Liar, it's unfinished, too raw for Oasis (I know, you're thinking 'Is that possible?') But yes it sounds underproduced and, along with Put Yer Money Where Your Mouth Is, it drags SOTSOG down. Let's All Make Believe should've been on the album. I doutb DOYS will go along with Definately Maybe and Morning Glory as their 'definitive albums'.

Ryan Adams said that SOTSOG is his favourite Oasis album, comparing it to Led Zeppelin: http://www.nme.com/news/ryan-adams/39407

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Noel's never said a bad word for GNR, but I wouldn't say they see them as influences.

But Noel does like Nirvana, so he must fucking hate Axl.

whatttt????? so if you like Nirvana, you automatically hate Axl? or were you being sarcasic? :question:

It was the sarcasm.

Sarcasm can never be expressed in words <_<

On topic, have a fucking go at this:

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/39584

I am getting that!! Epic stuff :D

And how dare anyone attack my Noel :(

Edited by markyboy101

Oasis to premiere new album in US via buskers

Buskers to debut band's unreleased tracks on streets of New York tomorrow (Sept 12)

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/39668

Forgot to post that the other day, but basically they taught a load of NY buskers 4 songs off of the album and let them go play them around the city. There's a video link from that news item. A pretty cool idea IMO.

Oasis' Noel Gallagher confirms solo album plan

Oasis' Noel Gallagher has confirmed that he plans to release a solo album.

The guitarist told Blender that he hoped the four members of Oasis would each undertake individual projects following the release of their forthcoming album 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

"I'd like for us to do separate projects after this record," he said. "We'd all have to agree on it, so it will probably never happen. I've got loads of new songs. Somewhat predictably, they're all brilliant."

The news follows Noel Gallagher telling NME.COM last year that he was collecting songs together for a possible solo release and arranging a series of solo acoustic gigs.

Gallagher also spoke to Blender about his spat with Glastonbury headliner Jay-Z, who he had previously suggested was wrong for Glastonbury.

"What did I think of Jay-Z doing 'Wonderwall'?" he asked refering to the cover of the song the rapper played to open his Glastonbury Festival set this summer. "It was pretty funny. But I'm not sure one should be seen in public with a white Stratocaster."

Oasis are set to give away a new Liam Gallagher-penned song, 'I Believe In All', as a free download.

Fans who pre-order the band's forthcoming new album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', from iTunes, will receive the song as a free download on the day of the album's release – October 6.

The song was recorded during the 'Dig Out Your Soul' sessions, but does not appear on the album.

Those who pre-order will also receive album track 'Falling Down' at the time of ordering.

Oasis have also announced that they will make a "simple" ten-track version of the album available to download for £5 when the album is released.

The full download version of the album will come with a half-hour documentary about the making of 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

• 2 weeks later...
Oasis are set to give away a new Liam Gallagher-penned song, 'I Believe In All', as a free download.

Fans who pre-order the band's forthcoming new album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', from iTunes, will receive the song as a free download on the day of the album's release – October 6.

The song was recorded during the 'Dig Out Your Soul' sessions, but does not appear on the album.

Those who pre-order will also receive album track 'Falling Down' at the time of ordering.

Oasis have also announced that they will make a "simple" ten-track version of the album available to download for £5 when the album is released.

The full download version of the album will come with a half-hour documentary about the making of 'Dig Out Your Soul'.

bonus disc has leaked got some good tracks on that too

I find Rollingstone's music reviews absolutely fucking useless anymore, completely out of touch. I really think labels toss RS money to give better reviews, that is the only thing that makes sense.

They gave Jessica Simpson's new album 3 stars. They gave Miley Cyrus' album 3.5 stars.

They gave Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul 2.5 stars. WTF?

Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul review:

From the beginning, Oasis' greatest strength and most glaring weakness has been shamelessness — the belief that no classic-rock riff is too timeworn, no Beatles allusion too banal to merit blasting out at top volume. At its best, this brutish approach has produced some transcendent music ("Live Forever," "Wonderwall"), but as years have passed and gray hair has sprouted in the Gallagher brothers' moptops, the self-parody has often seemed less charming than wearying. Oasis' latest is heavier on groove than normal, and there are a couple of gripping moments, especially Liam's stately, Lennonesque ballad "I'm Outta Time." But for the most part, Dig Out Your Soul is an almost comically generic Oasis release, from its preponderance of plodding midtempo rockers ("Bag It Up," "Waiting for the Rapture") to the vaguely Indian raga-flavored psychedelic anthems ("To Be Where There's Life"). Then there's the issue of Liam's "philosophizing" — he's entered the Maharishi phase of his Beatles worship, clogging songs with beatitudes like "Space and time and here and now/Are only in your mind." Got that?

JODY ROSEN