The Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye Thread!!

Marky

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted_19765

I feel like I should at least be able to deal with hearing these guys, but they were on in my friend's car the other day and I just wanted it to stop.

Definitely Maybe is about one of the greatest collection of songs ever committed to record. America dont really get it. Shame. We only got punk rock after the fact, didnt respect the blues when we invented the bastard, took a bunch of scrawny english boys to explain it, same with rock n roll, forgot about it until the british invasion dropped in.

Username, Lithium, Soulseller: Let us know how they go!

The thing that bugs me is how this whole 'Blur v Oasis' thing is going on. If they're hadn't been the 'Battle Of Britpop' in the 90s, people wouldn't make the comparisons and the bands are nothing like each other. Noel and Liam and the boys all respect Damon, Graham etc, just let it go.

Listened to DOYS the other night for the first time in a while. Best album since SOTSOG.

Shame there's just remixes for bsides this time around :(

A good band if you like Oasis is The Charlatans (UK).

Overrated. Blur were vastly superior. :heart:

No fucking way.

I heard yesterday's gig in Dusseldorf got cancelled because Liam had vocal problems. Bleh! Amsterdam better go on!

Didn't even know they were playing Düsseldorf. Knew about München and Berlin. Fuck.

Edited by JeanGenie

^Ace :) Glad you had fun!

Best B-Sides in the fucking world. Cloudburst, Sittin' Here In Silence (On My Own) and (As Long As They've Got) Cigarettes In Hell are my picks right now.

I'm into Idler's Dream, Eyeball Tickler, I Got The Fever, My Sister Lover, Flashbax and Underneathe The Sky at the moment.

Saw them lice yesterday.

WOW!

More to come...

That's great to hear, Ron! I got tickets for the show here in Gothenburg on Sunday. I've seen setlists from the tour and it seem like a good mix of old and new.

Looking forward to your review. :)