Faith No More

wasted

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this inspired axl rose to write If the world...

If The World is a song loosely based on Evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgY_UGV08rY

thats what i was saying.

Shackler' is actually loosely based on More human than human by white zombie

I thought more Blacktop Rollin' but yeah one of Zombie's songs, maybe a bit of Korn in there as well - kind of emo chorus, fast drumming and high soaring chorus.

and OMG sounds like a Pumkins song, Scorched Earth - I had it in my mind it was like Primus playing WTTJ but I was wrong, Dead Flower told me.

Chi Dem has had it's Smell Like Teen comments.

IRS sounds like Fighter by Christiana Aguilerara.

The thing that comes through is that it's Axl voice and lyrics and attitude which make them GNR songs.

is one of the best songs I've ever heard - my favourite FNM track, and my favourite vocals ever by Patton. I'm not too keen on everything he's done, but this just sounds perfect.

That is THE song off Album of the Year, it's just perfect. He played it straight for once.

It's perfect. I also love that Last Cup of Sorrow is right after it, it's perfect too.

I wish patton had of kept too the more mainstream sounds of FNM and Bungle

I really can't get into alot of his solo albums

Tomahawk is pretty straight ahead more like King For a Day stuff with the odd Evidence type ballad.

He has definitely done some almost unlistenable stuff. John Zorn has a lot to answer for.

Sort of like when he does stuff like Mojo (Peeping Tom).

Patton saying Wolfmother is great was dripping with so much sarcasm my monitor starting leaking...

I can't wait hear what he says about them splitting.

Probably, "Shucks, why do all the great ones leave us so young?"

Epic was a brillliant groundbreaking masterpiece---but nothing Mike has done has touched it since IMHO. I thought Angel Dust was very average. Saw them on tour opening up for Metallica and GNR in Indianapolis. What a great show that was.

Fav song---Zombie Eaters

One of the best covers i have ever heard---War Pigs

I wish patton had of kept too the more mainstream sounds of FNM and Bungle

I really can't get into alot of his solo albums

Tomahawk is pretty straight ahead more like King For a Day stuff with the odd Evidence type ballad.

He has definitely done some almost unlistenable stuff. John Zorn has a lot to answer for.

Sort of like when he does stuff like Mojo (Peeping Tom).

I've seen tomahawk twice and met them

Yeah what I'm talking about is album's such as adult themes for voice, Pranzo Oltranzista etc

my order of preference

1. FNM 2.Mr Bungle 3.Fantomas 4. Tomahawk 5.Peeping Tom 6.Solo and other project work.

oh yeah those guys from the 80's.

and '90's. But then again, what would a Wolfmother fan know?

most likely more then you love.

did you hear? mike patton loves the cock.

:lol: Oh you, with your childish, half-witted insults towards others! You crack me up!

i think you want my cock now.

Patton's stuff since FNM has been hit or miss. I wasnt big on Peeping Tom but the soundtrack that he just did for "A Perfect Place" is sweet.

In Terms of FNM, I really think they dropped off when Jim Martin left. Angel Dust is in my top 5 albums and probably the best of the 90s, but King For A Day doesnt compare. I really like King For a Day but I feel like Angel Dust was a sort of "lightning in a bottle album." Its known that Jim Martin hated the way the band was going so he left after that album, but for hating the material so much he really laid down some great guitar tracks. Angel Dust is the perfect mix of the absurd, the challenging and the heavy. And "The Real Thing" would sound 10 times better if mike wasnt singing with that nasally whine of a voice the whole time

I personally am waiting for a Mr Bungle reunion

Caffeine live in Israel. Cant beat that

I heard more than a few people say that FNM stole the show on the GNR/Metallica tour in the early 90s. I was only 11 so I couldnt go but I would kill to somehow be able to go back to it

Edited by jkruk88

Patton's stuff since FNM has been hit or miss. I wasnt big on Peeping Tom but the soundtrack that he just did for "A Perfect Place" is sweet.

In Terms of FNM, I really think they dropped off when Jim Martin left. Angel Dust is in my top 5 albums and probably the best of the 90s, but King For A Day doesnt compare. I really like King For a Day but I feel like Angel Dust was a sort of "lightning in a bottle album." Its known that Jim Martin hated the way the band was going so he left after that album, but for hating the material so much he really laid down some great guitar tracks. Angel Dust is the perfect mix of the absurd, the challenging and the heavy. And "The Real Thing" would sound 10 times better if mike wasnt singing with that nasally whine of a voice the whole time

I personally am waiting for a Mr Bungle reunion

Caffeine live in Israel. Cant beat that

I heard more than a few people say that FNM stole the show on the GNR/Metallica tour in the early 90s. I was only 11 so I couldnt go but I would kill to somehow be able to go back to it

aww I miss FNM/Mr Bungle :wub:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Who Cares A Lot? seems to have been re-released with bonus tracks. The whores.

Even The Platinum Collection by Faith No More is good - normally they really suck but...it's 3 dollars on amazon.

I think from Tomawank, Fantomas and Peeping Tom you could patch together some kind of GH.

Has FNM released any other live DVD's or VHS' than Brixton?

Not live but there's something called Video Croissant that is most of the videos with some live stuff and interviews

Yeah I know that, but I think there's just one or two live tracks...

ThinkAboutYou - what's the quality with the torrents?