Van Halen

Axlized

Overated piece of shiese saft

Entirely wrong, sorry mate.

Roth era Van Halen albums are some of the best records of all time, if it wasnt for jump, 1984 would actually BE the best rock record ever, to me.

I had always thought you hated Van Halen... I thought you said he was a wanker on guitar and it's way to cheesy and whatnot.... but recently you've said they're great... did you used to not like them?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find them to be very cheesy. Like many other bands of the time. I wouldn't say EVH is one of my favorite guitarists either. Where's the emotion, brother?

Well, if you see the videos, or have seen him live, anytime he plays a solo he looks as if he's having an orgasm, or is in heaven. Man, he can't keep his mouth shut!

I find them to be very cheesy. Like many other bands of the time. I wouldn't say EVH is one of my favorite guitarists either. Where's the emotion, brother?

Well, if you see the videos, or have seen him live, anytime he plays a solo he looks as if he's having an orgasm, or is in heaven. Man, he can't keep his mouth shut!

:rofl-lol: I know, its just fantastic.

Sammy > Dave

Dave era > Sammy era

By the way, has anyone heard sammy's solo stuff? it's fantastic.

I totally agree. Sammy's voice is phenomenal, but the music they made in dave's era is better. Its all about Eddie for me though, he kicks ass

Is it on the cover of oh pretty woman?

Earlier, and it doesn't say keyboards/electric piano were used on the song.

what album? this is bugging me lol...was it "And the Cradle Will Rock" from Women and Children First?? If not I have no idea...

YES!! "And the Cradle will rock" had an electric piano on it(different from the synthesizer sound on Jump. Eddie plays his guitar over it, but you can hear it just before Dave says "have you seen juniors grades?". The rest of the song, I barely even notice it.

Roth era Van Halen albums are some of the best records of all time, if it wasnt for jump, 1984 would actually BE the best rock record ever, to me.

I had always thought you hated Van Halen... I thought you said he was a wanker on guitar and it's way to cheesy and whatnot.... but recently you've said they're great... did you used to not like them?

Nah, Roth Era Van Halen i love, everything else i can't stand.

Was giving Roth's solo stuff a spin today and it just gets better every time.

I have a best of DLR on tape where he's looking in the mirror. Random

I dont like 1984 that much, but think Van Halen II is a gem.

Women and Children First is my favourite

I have a best of DLR on tape where he's looking in the mirror. Random

I dont like 1984 that much, but think Van Halen II is a gem.

Women and Children First is my favourite

You cant beat a bit of Dave like, i had to not play anything else the following day because everything sounded crap compared to it.

Sammy > Dave

Dave era > Sammy era

By the way, has anyone heard sammy's solo stuff? it's fantastic.

I totally agree. Sammy's voice is phenomenal, but the music they made in dave's era is better. Its all about Eddie for me though, he kicks ass

Is it on the cover of oh pretty woman?

Earlier, and it doesn't say keyboards/electric piano were used on the song.

what album? this is bugging me lol...was it "And the Cradle Will Rock" from Women and Children First?? If not I have no idea...

YES!! "And the Cradle will rock" had an electric piano on it(different from the synthesizer sound on Jump. Eddie plays his guitar over it, but you can hear it just before Dave says "have you seen juniors grades?". The rest of the song, I barely even notice it.

Yay! Im glad you answered, the question was bugging me. Yeah you can barely hear it unless you really listen....but i was always like am i hearing things? But now i know, thanks

"Drop Dead Legs", one of the best rhythm guitar parts of all time. I actually like his rhythm work as much or better than his lead.

Agreed. rock3 Drop Dead Legs kicks some major ass! I hope Ed still has a few gems in his arsenal. Haven't heard much from him lately. I hope his health is OK. I'm probably more worried about his health than he is.

Did I hear that they are planning to reform with David? if so, does david even have a voice anymore?

I think eventually it will happen, after they are inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. But they didn't get in this year. Dave is doing a radio show(he replaced Howard Stern). Nobody's heard from Eddie in a long time.

Did I hear that they are planning to reform with David? if so, does david even have a voice anymore?

I think eventually it will happen, after they are inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. But they didn't get in this year. Dave is doing a radio show(he replaced Howard Stern). Nobody's heard from Eddie in a long time.

Hopefully that's because Eddies is spending a lot of time in AA. He needs to get over his drinking problem.