Recommend me some Smashing Pumpkin music

AbominableHoman

I got high with a chick last night, and she forced Smashing Pumpkins on me. I never ever thought I'd like them, but she played some songs, and there's a possibility I could have enjoyed it,

Someone suggest some good SP songs, or a random gem or two you might think I'd REALLY like.

Love,

AbominableHoman.

This should give you a good spectrum, but there's lots of variety with the Pumpkins. Lots of heavy, fast stuff, and lots of folky pop stuff:

Perfect (album: Adore)

Mayonnaise (album: Siamese Dream)

Galapagos: (album: Mellon Collie)

Stand Inside Your Love (album: Machina)

I Am One (album: Gish)

And one of their seldom-talked about B-Sides is hugely popular at the moment due to its inclusion in the "WATCHMEN" trailer - The Beginning is the End is the Beginning. Great song.

The Smashing Pumpkins are nothing short of amazing. They were one of my favourite bands in 2007. It went so far that I nearly bought a "Zero" shirt as worn by Billy Corgan during the Mellon Collie-era. :lol: They really helped me out with a lot of my teenage troubles.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and Siamese Dream are the obviously essential ones. Gish, Zeitgeist and Adore are good follow-ups if you decide to venture further into their music. Try to avoid Machina I and Machina II. If you get even more into their music, I recommend you get the B-sides collection Pisces Iscariot - among the bunch of the excellent songs on that album is a great cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide"; I'd say it's even better than the original. If you enjoy the previously mentioned material, the box-set The Aeroplane Flies High is a good investment.

Yeah, but him especially. There's something that screams pedophile about him, a pedophile going through kemo for cancer to be exact.

corganjacket.jpg

I think he may in fact be Lex Luthor, but who knows...

To be fair though, I've never really checked out their music. I do rather like some of the songs I've heard though, his voice would just take a little getting used to.

silverfuck is amazing, sofaking. i was disappointed last year when they didn't it.

the new album is also worth checking out. as opposed to lithium, i appreciate machina, but i prefer adore.

pieses iscariot is fucking brilliant. especially that version of silverfuck :wub:

"BANG BANG YOU'RE DEAD, HOLE IN YOUR HEAD"

I got high with a chick last night, and she forced Smashing Pumpkins on me. I never ever thought I'd like them, but she played some songs, and there's a possibility I could have enjoyed it,

Someone suggest some good SP songs, or a random gem or two you might think I'd REALLY like.

Love,

AbominableHoman.

Try the greatest hit's CD Rotten Apples

Love,

AbominableHoman.

Thanks for adding that in , stud......

Anyways - I'm not the hugest fan , but they've got some good songs and one great one : ZERO