Apple computers are retarded

Punos

So I'm in my school library and I noticed that all the PCs were swapped out for the new fancy smancy Apple computers. Apple computers are great for video editing and photo editing...that's about it. Their interface is utter crap; it was crap in the 1980s and it's still crap today. They have barely changed their OS in years. Any mouse with one button is just WRONG. Apple has brainwashed a whole generation of kids who think, "Gee...I like IPOD, so Apple computers must be awesome too!". Wrong. IPOD is cool, I'll give them that...but Apple computers are still the overpriced, limited garbage they were 20 years ago. PCs with Windows (and Linux to some extent) have come to be the definition of computers. My entire generation (born in 1981) was raised on PCs. PCs are affordable, versitile, and any relevant software is made for PC. I just don't get the new Apple fad. Those goddamn things suck! Is anybody out there feelin me on this one?

After using Windows for several years, I hopped on a Mac and just used it - everything was different but at the same time, I could find everything.

I got my Mac for some basic video editing - stupid Windows Movie Maker kept crashing if I fed it a file over 1GB. iMovie could handle it.

You're not making any valid points here. Your reasoning for the one button mouse is "Its wrong". If you really don't like it - get a two button mouse and plug it in?

"They have barely changed their OS in years" - Look at Microsoft, still pretty much in the same context. Start Menu, Red X's in the corner, what do you want? And lets not forget, a new version of OS X was refreshed every 18 months on average. Windows XP sat there from October 2001 til November 2006.

I love Macs and Windows PC's all the same - but you've gotta point out some details rather than "they suck".

Edited by Max™

So I'm in my school library and I noticed that all the PCs were swapped out for the new fancy smancy Apple computers. Apple computers are great for video editing and photo editing...that's about it. Their interface is utter crap; it was crap in the 1980s and it's still crap today. They have barely changed their OS in years. Any mouse with one button is just WRONG. Apple has brainwashed a whole generation of kids who think, "Gee...I like IPOD, so Apple computers must be awesome too!". Wrong. IPOD is cool, I'll give them that...but Apple computers are still the overpriced, limited garbage they were 20 years ago. PCs with Windows (and Linux to some extent) have come to be the definition of computers. My entire generation (born in 1981) was raised on PCs. PCs are affordable, versitile, and any relevant software is made for PC. I just don't get the new Apple fad. Those goddamn things suck! Is anybody out there feelin me on this one?

You really are completely clueless about computers. This is coming from a PC user.

You really are completely clueless about computers. This is coming from a PC user.

The only point he comes close to, is that Apple are overpriced for their hardware. That's it though.

He's a moron.

After using Windows for several years, I hopped on a Mac and just used it - everything was different but at the same time, I could find everything.

I got my Mac for some basic video editing - stupid Windows Movie Maker kept crashing if I fed it a file over 1GB. iMovie could handle it.

WMM is utter shit, it is just a basic idiot proof way for the average person to do some rough editing. I used it for a week, then graduated on to better programs.

WMM is utter shit, it is just a basic idiot proof way for the average person to do some rough editing. I used it for a week, then graduated on to better programs.

Out of curiosity, is it like X-Sports vids that you edit or what?

Out of curiosity, is it like X-Sports vids that you edit or what?

DID edit, not so much anymore

mostly snowboarding, motocross, wakeboarding, waterskiing, snowmobiling, mixed in with a bit of what we do when not doing those things.

It was just a hobby I latched onto in college with some friends there was potential to get serious with it, but that never really happend. One company wanted to buy some of our footage but we decided not to sell since it would no longer be "ours" in a legal sense and we never set out to do it for money.

We had some videos on youtube, but people kept ripping them and using them as their own, or respoting them and taking the production credit, so we pulled all of them and filed soemthing with youtube so that they would be taken down but there still might be some floating around, i think the first one we ever did, even used some WMM to edit it :rofl-lol: , and before we got "real" cameras still is floating around. its nearly 5 years old, and quite embarassing :lol:

OSX is unstable and most browsers run like crap on Apple computers. Videocard upgrades are a bitch and they are, for obvious reasons, all about ITUNES, which I could care less for. One button mouse is just laughable. No right button. No scrollwheel. It's as if they are trying to be like PCs, but just do a bad impersonation of them. They're simply not for me. There's no reasons to get into damaging person attacks over a box full of microchips. To each their own. Just because you are up past your bedtime doesn't give you the right to act like an internet "bad boy" to total strangers.

And for Highvoltage, Sandman, + Jack the Ripper: An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

X3 Failure. checkmate.

Real men use linux. I'm actually in the midst of building my own distro, Dannux. I'm going to see how much privacy and security I can add to it before it caves in on it's self, then back off a line.

But yeah, apples are kind of lame. $1,200 for BSD on an intel? No thanks...

http://www.ubuntu.com/

fuck Windows and Apple :D

If you want a OS that never lets you down..No Virus and Spyware then Linux is the King of the Crypt.

QFT. My motherboard on my laptop just died recently, I'm on my new laptop I just bought right now. Still gotta get Fedora on it, but MATLAB is calling my name right now and I don't have time to install linux :confused:

I don't know shit about computers. I bought a MacBook Pro when I had the idea that I wanted to be a film editor in college (that idea changed quickly). Like I said, I don't know anything about computers yet, but from a dumb-dumb's perspective, Macs are just as shittyas PCs, but with a price that is three and a half times as high as PCs.

And I agree about the mouse. Stupid. I did buy a seperate mouse for it, but if I'm using it as a LAPtop like it's meant to be, then the mouse isn't going to be much good, is it? And if you can buy a seperate mouse with a right-click, and they have a drop-down menus designed for the mouse's right click, then why not just PUT A RIGHT BUTTON ON THE MOUSE THAT COMES WITH THE COMPUTER?!

I will never buy a Mac again, although I do have to get the one I have now fixed >>

Edited by DirtyDeeds

This is how you right click if you don't want to use a mouse.

Personally, I like to do it this way.

This is how you scroll. Far more intuitive than any of the Dell or HP trackpads I've attempted to use.

By the way, the only mouse Apple currently sells allows you to right click.

Was it a bad idea to have one-button mice? Yes, but they're not doing that anymore.

The claim that OSX is unstable and that most browsers "run like crap" is completely baseless. I've had a Macbook for well over a year and I haven't had any issues with stability or with web browsing. Yes, if you go to a public library and use a 10 year old iMac, you're not going to have a very good experience, just as you won't have a good experience with any 10 year old PC trying to run modern applications it was never designed to run in the first place.

Macs aren't for everyone, and you should never buy one without extensively researching the pros and cons and trying out the OS first hand. Yes, there are many video games I can't play on my Macbook, but I understood that when I bought it. It's all about where your priorities lie. Using OSX 10.5, I can complete my daily computer routine in less clicks and with much less hassle than I could on a PC running Windows (especially Vista). I don't have to worry about viruses or spyware, and thanks to Time Machine, if anything does go wrong, I can restore my computer to a working state with great ease.

I don't have to worry about viruses or spyware, and thanks to Time Machine, if anything does go wrong, I can restore my computer to a working state with great ease.

$20 says I can make a virus for your mac

They patched the webkit, so it's not as easy as it was, but yeah, can still be done.

Actually, I just heard of a girl getting hit via aim a few hours ago.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
OSX is unstable and most browsers run like crap on Apple computers. Videocard upgrades are a bitch and they are, for obvious reasons, all about ITUNES, which I could care less for. One button mouse is just laughable. No right button. No scrollwheel. It's as if they are trying to be like PCs, but just do a bad impersonation of them. They're simply not for me. There's no reasons to get into damaging person attacks over a box full of microchips. To each their own. Just because you are up past your bedtime doesn't give you the right to act like an internet "bad boy" to total strangers.

And for Highvoltage, Sandman, + Jack the Ripper: An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

X3 Failure. checkmate.

Firstly: OSX is as stable and safe as Windows 98 SE: Fact. Windows 98 SE was the best OS that microsoft ever made.

Secondly: Apple created Desktop Icons: Fact. I remember reading this huge article about how Apple should of copyrighted it, but at the time they didn't think it would be a bankable idea, then came Microsoft, and they rolled with the idea.

Thirdly: The new apple mouse has a left and right button.

Fourthly: Changing any chip in a mac is about as difficult as changing any chip in any computer, you gotta know what model you have, what chip you need etc.

And Last but not least: Apple Copying Microsoft? That's outrageous: Fact. See Icons, See the desktop bar, See the Ipod/Zune, etc. Microsoft for years has been copying off of Apple.

Seriously sir, do some research before going ahead and making a bunch of wild claims.

X3 Failure. checkmate.

Firstly: OSX is as stable and safe as Windows 98 SE: Fact. Windows 98 SE was the best OS that microsoft ever made.

Secondly: Apple created Desktop Icons: Fact. I remember reading this huge article about how Apple should of copyrighted it, but at the time they didn't think it would be a bankable idea, then came Microsoft, and they rolled with the idea.

Fourthly: Changing any chip in a mac is about as difficult as changing any chip in any computer, you gotta know what model you have, what chip you need etc.

And Last but not least: Apple Copying Microsoft? That's outrageous: Fact. See Icons, See the desktop bar, See the Ipod/Zune, etc. Microsoft for years has been copying off of Apple.

Seriously sir, do some research before going ahead and making a bunch of wild claims.

OS-x isn't super stable. As far as a unix box is concerned, it's pretty shakey.

The Ipod isn't an original idea it's self. It's called an mp3 player, and they existed well before apple's ipod

Don't quote me on this part, but I'm almost positive the desktop icons/bar came from MIT's X system.

That being said, I loved 98, to be honest. I had a compaq from 99 running 98 for 7 years without ever turning it off.

p.s. microsoft is garbage

Edited by dann

Guest Jack_the_ripper

X3 Failure. checkmate.

OS-x isn't super stable. As far as a unix box is concerned, it's pretty shakey.

The Ipod isn't an original idea it's self. It's called an mp3 player, and they existed well before apple's ipod

Don't quote me on this part, but I'm almost positive the desktop icons/bar came from MIT's X system.

That being said, I loved 98, to be honest. I had a compaq from 99 running 98 for 7 years without ever turning it off.

p.s. microsoft is garbage

It's not super stable, however, it is FAR more stable than XP or Vista.

The ipod in concept is not an original idea I agree, however the design, interface etc, was where the innovation took place, and now everything looks like an ipod.

As for the desktop icon, like I said, I can just tell you what I read in a magazine article, I just tried to research it to fact check, and couldn't find anything, so it's up in the air.

And I agree about 98, it was great.

um, the time machine idea isn't too origonal...

The exact same thing has been on computers since windows 95(system restore)

System restore was introduced in Windows Me (2000).

I can't believe people are comparing OS X to Windows 98 :rofl-lol:

fucking Windows 98!

Macs are pretty cool cats. I have owned one for wuite some time now and it is fucking amazing. Yes I grew up using PC's and Windows. But in my opinion Macs are better.