New subforum

Vincent Vega

Not a subforum, that would send a message that people actually give a shit about American politics. Just merge all of the threads into one "Politics Thread" like the "Film Thread". I mean, imagine how many seperate threads we'd have right now for different movies if we didn't have that thread, the same should be done with political ones.

Not a subforum, that would send a message that people actually give a shit about American politics. Just merge all of the threads into one "Politics Thread" like the "Film Thread". I mean, imagine how many seperate threads we'd have right now for different movies if we didn't have that thread, the same should be done with political ones.

I agree, but wait until after the elections are over. So then the democrats and/or republicans can have their little bitch fit for about 3 months then the thread will die.

Not going to happen.

The political threads add intelligent discussion to the section. They've been a Godsend in helping to prevent the forum from being overrun by young kids posting nonsense threads. No offense to the kids here. Many of the more mature people on the forum aren't interested in posting in threads, such as how many times you threw up at a party last night ( *Yes, that's actually a thread right now).

If we were going to create a special "thread" or "subsection" - it would be for all of the nonsense threads that some of our younger members posts. And we have no immediate plans to do that.

Bullshit, there's no reason why it shouldn't be merged. Just because you, madison, choose to believe you are above talking about going to a party on the weekend, does not mean everyone else is. Some people actually think that having fun is more enjoyable than talking about politics, as much as that might not make sense to the "more mature" members of this board.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Not going to happen.

The political threads add intelligent discussion to the section. They've been a Godsend in helping to prevent the forum from being overrun by young kids posting nonsense threads. No offense to the kids here. Many of the more mature people on the forum aren't interested in posting in threads, such as how many times you threw up at a party last night ( *Yes, that's actually a thread right now).

If we were going to create a special "thread" or "subsection" - it would be for all of the nonsense threads that some of our younger members posts. And we have no immediate plans to do that.

The thread was about the craziest parties that you have ever experienced not about how many times I threw up at the party. Some people want to have fun and talk about having fun rather then talking about politics. But hey I started a political thread cause I care about the future of this country. Not because I'm a no fun prick. You can be serious and have fun it's not that hard. And if I'm immature for talking about enjoying life then so be it.

Not going to happen.

That's a better thread topic than the majority of ThomasMeadow's threads. Which you insist on keeping every time they pop up. :rolleyes:

Not going to happen.

That's a better thread topic than the majority of ThomasMeadow's threads. Which you insist on keeping every time they pop up. :rolleyes:

that is very true there. people have been banned for less. also i think some of the threads on politics do not need a thread of their own. alot of them are small updates. but i think that for the big news there should be no reason for a new thread.

Not going to happen.

If you don't want to read ThomasMeadow's threads here is a solution... maybe just don't click on them? Subconsciously you obviously do want to read them, otherwise you wouldn't enter them in the first place. The forum also has an ignore feature that you could utilize to ignore users that seem to upset you. Just sayin', there's no real reason to bitch about a members posts or topics here when it is so easy to ignore them :shrugs: .

On topic though, I like the separate threads right now. It's kind of lame when you've got certain members basically going back and forth with each other making new threads to bash certain candidates, but some decent points usually come out of those threads. The forum has consistently had political threads, in the past it was mostly about the war. The volume of political threads may be higher now, but I do remember always seeing at least one or two threads about politics on the first page of anything goes.

The threads aren't really detracting from other topics. I mean, if a thread about McCain "flip flopping" on FCS systems is preventing you from making a thread about a topic you'd like to discuss... well that's your problem. The threads don't really detract from other conversation. Hell, if someone made an anime, math, physics, engineering, or whatever thread I'd be sure to post in it a lot- regardless of the political threads. Just because the political threads are a hot topic now doesn't mean that you can't start your own "hot topics" to talk about shit you like.

For the tl;dr, start threads with topics you want to talk about instead of complaining that there's a lot of threads you don't wanna talk about.