Yngwie Malmsteen's new album Perpetual Flame

KingsPowerSteel

So, here in Europe the new album of guitar hero Yngwie J. Malmsteen will be released this Monday, in the US the day after.

He now has Ripper Owens (formerly Judas Priest, Iced Earth and Beyond Fear) on vocals. :wub:

I just looked through youtube and found a song from the upcoming album:

Red Devil:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=hyf5z0pzORE

I love this song.

Like Malmsteen stated a while ago about Ripper:

"We've already recorded 39 songs. I went full out. I've got strings from Istanbul, and the drums are the heaviest I've fucking heard. Ripper conveys the lyrics I write like no one else. I'll write something like 'divide and conquer' and when Ripper sings it, it really comes out that way. It's like Sparta!"

Anyone else gonna get this album?

Got his album today. Only thing I don't like is that Ripper's vocals are too compressed in the mix (kinda like on Metallica's new album). Otherweise then that, it's brilliant. Awesome vocals, awesome guitars. Perpetual Flame is definitely an album worth getting.

437574.jpg

I hope I can find the pic somewhere that is inside the booklet of Malmsteen standing in front of a Ferrari. rock3

437574.jpg

That's not seriously the cover is it?

It really is.

But if you think this is cheesy, you should see the pic inside the booklet of him with the Ferrari. I still try to find it somewhere on the internet. :lol:

But anyway, the music is good.

I mean, it's just begging for someone to put an 'R' at the end of 'Flame'...

Swedish guitarist YNGWIE MALMSTEEN has spoken to Norway's Metal Express about the inspiration behind his new album's title ("Unleash the Fury") — the infamous "unleash the fucking fury" tape (mp3), which first surfaced exclusively on BLABBERMOUTH.NET in December 2002 — 14 years after it was allegedly made.

The now-legendary recording was originally said to have been made during a translatlantic flight to Tokyo, Japan after Malmsteen's unruly behavior (including his alleged gay-bashing remarks) resulted in a woman passenger pouring a glassful of water on the guitarist.

A member of Yngwie's touring entourage (believed to be former YNGWIE keyboardist Jens Johansson), who was traveling with Malmsteen at the time, had a tape recorder running and managed to catch Yngwie's reaction on tape immediately after the guitarist was "assaulted" by the offended passenger.

Listen to the audio (Windows Media) of Malmsteen's explanation for how the MP3 recording was made and the events that preceded the alleged incident back in 1988.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=38671

This is incredible. :rofl-lol: