Need advice on a new guitar

I need advice. I'm looking for a new guitar. I'm looking at getting a Brian May Red Special but was wondering if anyone has got one and what it's like to play.

can you not find one in a store? i definitely wouldn't buy a guitar without playing it first. for such an ugly guitar, that guitar is pretty badass looking.

get an ibanez, that will solve all your problems

Yeah, what he said. The Ibanez RG2550Z is pretty awesome and fairly priced.

I have a discontinued Gibson X-plorer New century and it blows most of the ibanez guitars out of the water.

Should look into a gibson explorer , or if your going ibanez the prestige series are actually really good.

IMO you cant go wrong with a japanese Ibanez. Whether its a prestige or a pre - prestige it dont matter, just a japanese one ;)

If that kinda thing floats your boat anyway.

I LOVE my original RG550 :wub:

I prefer it to any other guitar I've played so far.

An original wizard neck = :wub:

Edited by Slash Guitarist

Ibanez's are gross. My two main guitars are a Gibson Les Paul Standard w/faded tobacco burst, and an American Deluxe two-tone burst Strat. You can't go wrong with a nice strat (play a lot before you choose one), a nice telecaster, or a les paul. They all are great for different things. A les paul will get you a big deep warm tone, strats can get nice twangy sounds but aren't as fat. I don't know much about the May guitar, but like I said I wouldn't buy a guitar without playing it first.

Don't buy an Ibanez. Had one, it was shit. I've owned a gibson sg, gibson lp, epiphone lp, 2 fender strats, a jackson, an ibanez, a fender acoustic and a gibson acoustic and the ibanez and jackson both sucked balls. even made the epiphone look good...

I'd get a PRS any day over an Ibanez.

Both are rubbish, get yourself a proper guitar.

As me and Mr Orangestone suggested: You can't go wrong with a Tele or a Lester.

I sold my Tele a couple of months ago to financiate my '73 Deluxe Goldtop, but I miss

it as hell!

I'd get a PRS any day over an Ibanez.

Both are rubbish, get yourself a proper guitar.

As me and Mr Orangestone suggested: You can't go wrong with a Tele or a Lester.

That's purist bullshit, there are more then two guitars that are worth purchasing.

The Les Paul maybe the most overrated guitar ever devised. I've played more lousy les pauls then any other guitar, there is an abundance of them out there.

I'm guessing alot of people in who replied in here like the nice classic sound of gibsons.

I have played my friend's Les Paul Custom, but I would still buy an Ibanez over a Gibson

Agreed.

For ages I had my eyes set on a real Les Paul, until I played my friends Ibanez RG1550 and fell in love with it.

So I went and bought a 1993 RG550 for less than half the cost of a real Les Paul, and in my opinion its 10 times better.

So that just proves the point, don't buy a guitar until you are 100% certain it's the best for you.

Edited by Slash Guitarist