Good Recommendations For External HDD

kevin

Thanks for those rec's. Yeah, I've nearly filled up a 500gb seagate external hdd. Just wondering if anyone else had rec's for other brands.

What about buying an internal disk and buying a nice enclosure for it? Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks for those rec's. Yeah, I've nearly filled up a 500gb seagate external hdd. Just wondering if anyone else had rec's for other brands.

What about buying an internal disk and buying a nice enclosure for it? Anyone have experience with that?

yes you can, you can get a decent enclosure for about 50 bucks(not cheaper the parts are shit) spend more to keep it cool with fan etc... then buy the hard drive seperately...

or get a good 1tb external, look on newegg.com to see some, dont go cheap, cheap is exactly what it means, by parts and price spend a little bit more for good shit that could last for many years to come..

advice, depending on what you are storing, for example if you are storing movies and music, then try to get two 500 gb ones instead split your files over 2 externals, why? time it takes to find shit, the bigger the drive the longer it takes and 1tb full is a very large drive

I recommend 2 drives min...

Gunsguy

High recco's for Western Digital also, Freecom and Seagate have also been rated highly.

The latter I've use, has been immense. Just going to get a 1TB external myself, LaCie most likely.

I've had a 1TB Lacie Firewire Drive for over a year now. No problems whatsoever.

I also have a Phillips 250GB drive. Whilst it's slower, granted - USB2, I've been running it daily for about 3 years and no probs.

Never tried Western Digital. Stay away from the Freecom drives. Last one I bought relieved me of 400GB of music videos which I'd only partially backed up, 3 months after purchase. Cheap crap.