82 year old Heavy Metal fan

Memnoch The Devil

what is the amount of bands i have to namedrop in order to prove i properly checked out the genre they fall under?

i thought five was a good number. i guess it was eight.

i like boris, sun o))), and a few other metal acts, but i've heard more. i don't have to sleep with every asian in the world to know they give bad head.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't mind bands like boris and sunn o))), but i tend to lean more towards boris' stoner-rock efforts, and sunn o))) really doesn't have much to offer once the novelty has worn off. and i doubt that's what this guy listens to. he probably likes judas priest, metallica, megadeth, etc., which is all musically uninteresting.

Judas Priest is the shit. Metallica... ehh... Megadeth... not my cup of tea.

you're probably not doing it right. a lot of people dismiss the genre because of a few bad songs they heard on the radio; i'd do the same if i was in their shoes. a lot of mainstream hip-hop is weak right now, but underneath that is some brilliant music. people hear a song by soulja boy and think hip-hop sucks, but if they were to hear a song by mf doom or the cool kids, i doubt they'd hold the same position. and there's still good music in mainstream--mos def, q-tip, nas, but it doesn't get as much attention as some of the other acts.

no im just a guitar lover, i love the electric guitars in songs, the louder the better, and i dont like the hiphop attitude much with the gold and the stupid big cars and those grills in their mouths... makes me puke... and they have clean white shoes... i like the sloppy worn down dirty convers all-stars type of ppl...

face it: metal is for twelve-year olds and lobotomy patients. it's boring.

and to counter your next post, no, lil' wayne is not boring--he's one of the most creative lyricists in all of hip-hop.

and saying i don't have music taste based on one artist is idiotic; he represents only small fraction of the hip-hop i listen to, and hip-hop represents only a small fraction of the genres i listen to. and what does not having taste even mean? that was a bad joke. you could of i at least said i had bad taste. i guess that can be expected from either a twelve-year old or a lobotomy patient, though.

Wait so Metal sucks, but you listen to Guns N' Roses?

ffs, a

GNR aint metal, no chug riffs, sweep arpegios, or metal solos. Its all very bluesy and hard rock

and to counter your next post, no, lil' wayne is not boring--he's one of the most creative lyricists in all of hip-hop.

and saying i don't have music taste based on one artist is idiotic; he represents only small fraction of the hip-hop i listen to, and hip-hop represents only a small fraction of the genres i listen to. and what does not having taste even mean? that was a bad joke. you could of i at least said i had bad taste. i guess that can be expected from either a twelve-year old or a lobotomy patient, though.

Wait so Metal sucks, but you listen to Guns N' Roses?

ffs, a

GNR aint metal, no chug riffs, sweep arpegios, or metal solos. Its all very bluesy and hard rock

QFT

Anyone who thinks hip hop is better than metal needs their brain examined.

i already made a brain joke, and it was way better.

Face it: Shit-hop and rap are for black people. It's sucks.

one of the worst and dumbest posts i've ever read on the internet.

you are aware that metal has its roots in black music, right?

Metal got its roots from hip-hop and rap? Wow, I was never aware that Black Sabbath were based of such shit. Hmmm...

You sir, are the worst member or this forum. I hope you die.

One In A Million is a great song, BTW. ^_^

i said black music, not hip-hop and rap. metal came from rock and blues, both of which were started by black people.

Metal got its roots from hip-hop and rap? Wow, I was never aware that Black Sabbath were based of such shit. Hmmm...

i said black music, not hip-hop and rap. metal came from rock and blues, both of which were started by black people.

snap

that was a really ignorant comment

Hip-hop and rap is black music! :lol:

And yes, I know how metal got started, you don't need to tell me. :rolleyes:

And what's it matter if it was started by black people? Rock and Blues is a whole different ball park from rap.

that was a really ignorant comment

His comment about metal wasn't? Please, gimme a break.

Edited by Black Sabbath

^ theres nothing i hate more than hiphop...

you're probably not doing it right. a lot of people dismiss the genre because of a few bad songs they heard on the radio; i'd do the same if i was in their shoes. a lot of mainstream hip-hop is weak right now, but underneath that is some brilliant music. people hear a song by soulja boy and think hip-hop sucks, but if they were to hear a song by mf doom or the cool kids, i doubt they'd hold the same position. and there's still good music in mainstream--mos def, q-tip, nas, but it doesn't get as much attention as some of the other acts. .

I give you exhibit A.

exhibit B is me asking you twice to post what metal bands you've actually listened to.

You are being extremely arrogant and ignorant by saying this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You may like rap, I like metal and rock along with many other genres, including jazz. You are contradicting yourself as well. You say that others on this forum don't give rap a chance; and by your statement it seems that you aren't giving metal a chance.

^ theres nothing i hate more than hiphop...

you're probably not doing it right. a lot of people dismiss the genre because of a few bad songs they heard on the radio; i'd do the same if i was in their shoes. a lot of mainstream hip-hop is weak right now, but underneath that is some brilliant music. people hear a song by soulja boy and think hip-hop sucks, but if they were to hear a song by mf doom or the cool kids, i doubt they'd hold the same position. and there's still good music in mainstream--mos def, q-tip, nas, but it doesn't get as much attention as some of the other acts. .

I give you exhibit A.

exhibit B is me asking you twice to post what metal bands you've actually listened to.

half from memory and half from my foobar library:

black sabbath.

celtic frost.

atheist.

cynic.

burzum.

judas priest.

metallica.

megadeth.

boris.

sun o))).

harvey milk.

asva.

i really don't mind atheist, burzum, boris, sun o))), harvey milk, and some of asva's stuff, but the rest of the stuff didn't interest me at all. atheist incorporates jazz into a lot of their works, which is great. burzum has some decent ambient/dark ambient stuff. boris' drone and stoner-rock albums are amazing. harvey milk was widely varied and could go from noise to sludge to stoner-rock in the blink of an eye, all of which they were profound at. and asva has some drone that rivals that of both boris and sun o))).

and then there's bands like mr. bungle, estradasphere, secret chiefs 3, and orange tulip conspiracy that occasionally incorporate metal elements into a lot of their music. what i like about that is how one of their songs could start out ambient, have a jazz break in the middle, and end with a heavy as fuck metal outro. but it's varied, and that's why i like it.

everything else on that list failed to catch my attention or was too boring to warrant multiple listens.

Edited by stacks on deck