Scott Weiland Launches Clothing Line

Marky

Scott Weiland, legendary lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots, and Christopher Wicks, designer and owner Rock & Roll Religion, have announced the launch of their much anticipated contemporary men's collection — Weiland For English Laundry. This inaugural collection will debut at Magic Las Vegas on February 17, 2009.

Christopher Wicks, designer and owner of English Laundry, Fender: The Clothing Collection, and The Jimi Hendrix Experience, has teamed with Scott Weiland to create a collection that embodies the iconic style of the fashionable STP front man.

"From early on, I was inspired by rock icons like David Bowie and Keith Richards who helped in molding my personal sense of style," said Weiland. "I am really looking forward to launching this line with Christopher Wicks and English Laundry."

"I have the utmost respect for Scott Weiland, both as an artist and as a designer," said Wicks. "He is truly one of the last great rock stars, and his impact on style and music is undeniable. I am proud to be joining forces with him for this collaboration."

Weiland for English Laundry is a lifestyle brand for the true rock rebel. The overall concept is derived from the rock decadence of the 1960's, and inspirations were taken from Savile Row circa 1965 and renowned bands such as The Kinks, The Beatles, and The Rolling Stones. Eclectic combinations of fabrics, patterns and color have been reformulated to replicate the rich rock culture that defined that era.

The collection boasts a variety of wovens, vests, t-shirts, pants, hats, ties and scarves. All fabrics are based on original vintage patterns circa 1965 through 1979 and have been reproduced for modern-day wear. Pants have a tailored narrow fit with flat fronts, and wovens feature bold chalk stripes, Prince of Wales plaids and tonic two-tone solids.

Retail price points range from $40 to $120 with a targeted distribution to better department and specialty stores. Weiland for English Laundry has successfully combined English Laundry's famous craftsmanship with Scott Weiland's infamous flare.

Weiland for English Laundry can be found at the English Laundry flagship store (7519 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, California) and at www.globalrebels.com in February of 2009.

Maybe Matt Sorum could help him out :laugh: Too soon?