Stadium Arcadium

Carne_asaDA

I loved this album when it came out. I thought it was one of the best albums ever. It was the most played during the summer of 2006. I payed 400 bucks to see them front row. But the other day, I put this cd in, and it was all filler. It sounded really uninspired. There are a handful of good songs but not enough to fill one CD let alone two. I hope the Chili Peppers have not been tapped out of their creative juices. Californication was their best album. By The Way was even better than SA. Let's get it together. :confused:

I loved this album when it came out. I thought it was one of the best albums ever. It was the most played during the summer of 2006. I payed 400 bucks to see them front row. But the other day, I put this cd in, and it was all filler. It sounded really uninspired. There are a handful of good songs but not enough to fill one CD let alone two. I hope the Chili Peppers have not been tapped out of their creative juices. Californication was their best album. By The Way was even better than SA. Let's get it together. :confused:

I thought By The Way was the best out of those 3 albums. It seems like with Stadium Arcadium they were following some kind of formula. It just felt a bit disingenuous to me. I suppose I'd have liked it better if it was only a single album though.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Needless to say, it's far from their best effort, but I've liked it ever since it came out nonetheless. It's an album with a good mainstream rock feel with funky vibes.

Yeah. Pretty much.

It really shoul of been one album, but in saying I don't think there were enough decent songs to make one decent record which was a shame really. It kind of felt like they were trying to top By The Way not with musical ability but with the amount of music they created, kind of a quantity not quality situation. Here's hoping they can hit the mark next time around.

Guest deleted_19765

I feel the opposite, its still growing on me. Read allmusic's review, its pretty true. Its not made like the traditional album. Its for you to shuffle, make playlists with, and slowly pick your favorites. This idea is totally unappealing to me, and it wasn't a very exciting record when I first started playing it, but the songs work eventually.

Should have done 1 disc, and leave the rest. Stuff like Slow Cheetah is piss poor.

A 1 disc version should be:

Dani California

Tell Me Baby

Charlie

She Looks To Me

Stadium Arcadium

Hump De Bump

She's Only 18

Readymade

Warlocks

So Much I

Storm In A Teacup

Torture Me

Especially In Michigan

I'll Be Your Domino

Whatever We Want

Wet Sand

Would have been epic.

a more accurate version of this thread's subtitle would be "a mediocre album that nobody cares about anymore". actually, the same could be said about the band itself. i'm glad they're on hiatus--frusciante's solo work has always been better anyway. the empyrean is the best album of this year.

The Empyrean is so much better than Stadium Arcadium... :rolleyes:

There was something about this album that made me really like it in it's entirety for a few months; I think I was just really engaged by Frusciante's various studio experiments. Fast forward a bit -- I tried to listen to some songs off it recently and they did nothing for me.

BSSM is still the Chili's album, in my book. I like Californication, but it's really one of the worst mastered albums on the planet (wtf Rick Rubin?) -- I can hardly listen to the thing :(.

Edited by Ant

It was the soundtrack of my summer 2006. I still love various songs just because of this nostalgic effect.

How do you like the album now?

Let's say, there are highlights among some average songs and obvious fillers. Although it's really cool from time to time, to listen to it as a whole, because it flows so well. It's a really mellow album in general, and yeah, it takes me back to some great memories, but I'm not hyping it anymore like I used to.

a more accurate version of this thread's subtitle would be "a mediocre album that nobody cares about anymore". actually, the same could be said about the band itself. i'm glad they're on hiatus--frusciante's solo work has always been better anyway. the empyrean is the best album of this year.

:confused:

It is.

:confused:

It is.

word.