Faith No More to reform

Marky

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fakin yes! The best reunion (or what-not) news ever!

I do agree with that one dude that wrote to this thread earlier that it's a damn shame if J.Martin isn't with em'... He really really should be..

If Jim isn't in (DAMN!!!!!)... I would prefer Trey, but I guess that he and Mike aint getting along... After that I would choose Menta and my last last last choice would be "the most boring man in RnR" J.Hudson, that guy makes me fall asleep: Zzzz Zzzzz Zzzzzz.

But gotta catch em!

Who cares about Jim Martin? Was he that big of a deal? He doesn't even have that many songwriting credits.

Freakly Cool Hair > Talent

I do agree with that one dude that wrote to this thread earlier that it's a damn shame if J.Martin isn't with em'... He really really should be..

If Jim isn't in (DAMN!!!!!)... I would prefer Trey, but I guess that he and Mike aint getting along... After that I would choose Menta and my last last last choice would be "the most boring man in RnR" J.Hudson, that guy makes me fall asleep: Zzzz Zzzzz Zzzzzz.

But gotta catch em!

Who cares about Jim Martin? Was he that big of a deal? He doesn't even have that many songwriting credits.

He was a big deal in the early days and played on all but two of the FNM albums

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

ROLLING STONE ARTICLE CONFIRMS THE REUNION WILL BE EUROPEAN DATES ONLY AND FEATURE "ALBUM OF THE YEAR" era LINE UP

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-reveal-lineup/

No Jim Martin really sucks but whatever, Patton Bordin and Gould are enough.

Its mind boggling why theyre so insistent on not playing the US. Its not even about how much $ they could make, its more about the amount of people who are rabid for this.

ROLLING STONE ARTICLE CONFIRMS THE REUNION WILL BE EUROPEAN DATES ONLY AND FEATURE "ALBUM OF THE YEAR" era LINE UP

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-reveal-lineup/

No Jim Martin really sucks but whatever, Patton Bordin and Gould are enough.

Its mind boggling why theyre so insistent on not playing the US. Its not even about how much $ they could make, its more about the amount of people who are rabid for this.

John is a pretty cool guy the band really got on with him well in 97

Faith No More have released a statement confirming that they will reunite for a tour this year.

The statement reads:

“During the entire 10 years that have passed since our decision to break up we've experienced constant rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting together.”

The band then say reflection on their music prompted the reunion.

“What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've all decided to sit down together and talk about it. And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and made us realize that through all the hard work, the music still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the fact that we might have actually done something right…and so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff.... BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!”

They conclude with a line-up confirmation, which does not include guitarist Jim Martin, who left the band in 1993.

‘We can only hope that the experience of playing together again will yield results erratic and unpredictable enough to live up to the legacy of FNM. Who know where this will end or what it will bring up...only the future knows. But we are about to find out!

FAITH NO MORE are:

Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton.”

But gotta catch em!

He was a big deal in the early days and played on all but two of the FNM albums

Yeah right on! The guy was in the band for 10 years. Trey was there for about 6 months, Menta officially for a bit over a year and J "boring" Hudson for under two years. So Jim is the original and the best IMO.

Yeah Jims writing really sucks, he co-wrote such sucky songs as Epic, Falling to Pieces, Surprise your dead and Jizzlobber - and of course the all time oldie-goldie: JIM! :D And his guitar sound is the original FNM-one and unlike Hudson he had a personality and he was entertaining live too...

Menta was really good live also... So for me Hudson is the worst choice, but hey the MAIN POINT is that FNM is back - at least for one summer.

Check out this performance of Land of Sunshine with Hudson in the band. He doesnt take anything away but he doesnt really add anything either. Good thing Patton completely takes over the whole performance. It made me itch to see them real bad after watching

Set Lists?

What will they hit the stage to?

well I was having a conversation with Roddy Bottom in 97 and he said they wanted to do a space odyssey style opening but they decided to go with Midnight cowboy for the Aus shows in 97

I actually really love Midnight cowboy so I was happy with their decision B)

Hopefully the tour consist of mostly Angel Dust & King For A Day song's with a few extra hit's from the other albums

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Jim Martin played on all the best FNM records. We Care Alot, Introduce Yourself, The Real Thing and Angel Dust. The Worst song off any of these records is still a million times better than the best songs off King for a Day or Album of the Year. Anyone who says otherwise would prefer a Chinese Democracy gig over a AFD original line up gig. Rock Rocks! F&%k you all.

Jim Martin played on all the best FNM records. We Care Alot, Introduce Yourself, The Real Thing and Angel Dust. The Worst song off any of these records is still a million times better than the best songs off King for a Day or Album of the Year. Anyone who says otherwise would prefer a Chinese Democracy gig over a AFD original line up gig. Rock Rocks! F&%k you all.

I would say otherwise. Tracks like Stripsearch, Ashes to Ashes, Helpless, What a Day, The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, Evidence, ect. are just as good as those other ones! It's just a matter of opinion...

oh cool, maybe they can support wolfmother while in australia. ;).

:rofl-lol:

Faith could cover Woman live at the shows.

:rofl-lol:, i'm not sure patton could hit those notes you know, they don't want to come across as second rate next to the WOLF lol.

oh cool, maybe they can support wolfmother while in australia. ;).

:rofl-lol:

Faith could cover Woman live at the shows.

:rofl-lol:, i'm not sure patton could hit those notes you know, they don't want to come across as second rate next to the WOLF lol.

I don't know they have murdered Technotronic before live, The Rebel MC wasn't pitch perfect. They did Highway Star and Everybody's Working for The Weekend to nauseating effect.

I think you would like The Real Thing album, maybe Introduce Yourself as Patton isn't on that one lol

I like both bands really. I think Faith more likely to do something interesting but if I'm in Subways I would rather hear Wolfmother. I like that Dimension track.

He has a disliking for 70s retro rock. Like it's been done before. wolfmother were sort of believeable as leather clad rock monsters though. There was a pop edge which was listenable.

But back to Mikey!

These shows are gonna rule.

They used to come on to The Final Countdown.

I hope they open with From Out of Nowhere.

I guess they didnt do that song much towards the end but that or Land of Sunshine should do the Job. Collision is an outside chance. Caffeine is always good.

I would say otherwise. Tracks like Stripsearch, Ashes to Ashes, Helpless, What a Day, The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, Evidence, ect. are just as good as those other ones! It's just a matter of opinion...

also Richocet, Cockoo for Caca, King For A Day, Last To Know.

Got that Feeling, Naked in Front of the Computers are good live.

Mojo might be worth throwing in for fun.

Introduce yourself, Chinese Arthimetic and Death March. There's too many songs.